Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
4K views 23 replies 7 participants last post by  Brandon3102 
#1 ·
Been reading furiously, I have searched and cannot find the answer....

What kind of drop are we experiencing with the Meagan Lowering springs. They claim 2.5'ish, but I am hearing conflicting reports regarding the actual drop when using kits. Confirmation, much appreciated.

I know that coil overs are preferred. My car (new to me) only has 20k miles on it. The suspension is tight, the wheel gap is gross. I want to add rear anti-sway at the same time so recommendations are welcome.

Mods are fun. Replacing all of the speakers (major HP), adding a Blaupunkt 2 din San Diego with BU cam, changing all speakers and adding an under-seat sub and b/u cam. Kind of confused as to the best way to wire the cam, so probably off to an install guy. I have wired the harness (if I can do it, anyone can).

Ordered headers and bottom pulley from RRE. Will probably only install the pulley for now. I hear the headers are best to leave for just before tuning. So I will just wait until I get the Magnaflow exhaust and have someone install for me. Hackster appears a short drive away.

Finally, the Rob Z pull handle mod is on the way. I will install whenever it arrives, as well as the new door speakers. It looks like a brilliant solution.

It is odd. I live in a major center and still am ordering things online. I still want to do the Cold air, and GT throttle body. I can easily acquire the parts, yet still get them online. Any recommendations on the manifold and TB spacers? I will buy these first as it seems prudent, Injen seems to be the CAI of choice.

Trying to add some pics of my very stock car. Hope it works!

J

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Got the new stereo installed. Unit looks and operates excellent, sounds brilliant and the addition of the navigation, backup camera and hands free calling is great. I am up against the E Comm problem. Wanted the new Electronics for a long drive from Toronto to Alexandria and back last weekend.

I hired a reputable shop to install the components and wire everything up. They neglected to inform me that I have the wrong harness, a fact that was pretty obvious when I took the unit off tonight to see if I They did a great job otherwise. The under seat Kenwood sub takes the sound to the next level.

The GS harness has about half the connectors that the MITO-01 box has. I am hoping they can send me another connector or something.

I have to stop buying online. I found a great deal on Pioneer 5 way speakers on Amazon. Turns out the vendor is in Venezuela! They kind of did not mention that, so shipping will take awhile. I can't wait to see how FedEx will screw me when they deliver. Oh well, live and learn.

Even though I have lots of parts arriving. It is time to put the sailboat back in the water, so I will slow down the mods for the summer, just slowly put a part on here and there.

Except for the lowering. The tire gap is really kind of comical for such a sleek looking car. I am just still mulling the springs to use. I think the car needs to come down about 2.5 inches at least.

Cheers

Attachments

#4 ·
Hi all. Weather turned nasty today, so off to the garage it was. Got the new Pioneer 5 way speakers installed and also added RobZ's door pull mod. Rob, this is brilliant and so easy.

With these additions, the car has a crystal clear sound system. I added a 64gb mini USB that holds around 300 of my CD's in a lossless wma format. No more changing CD's for me. Also took a picture of a few things including the underseat Subwoofer.

Attachments

#8 ·
My Eclipse never had them, so no problems right? I did buy the Mito-01 and got the Ecom error. I guess I never should have got it as I had the no sub system. I have to say that the support was less than useless. I have asked several times which wires control that message. They had no concern at all to help me and will no longer return my emails. $150 useless wiring harness. Hope to have an extended trouble shooting with it this winter to see what I can do to eliminate that error.

Cheers.

#10 ·
Yes, I am not a satisfied customer. My request for the pin out did not seem unreasonable. I had the stereo/sub/backup cam install done by a local shop.

I hope to get some time to trouble shoot it in the future, I'll buy the ten pin connector and test the wires, but it is not a high priority.

Cheers.

#11 ·
Finally getting to install my RRE headers and the magna flow exhaust. Also have a DC Sport cold air intake inbound. This week. Yes.

Installed 250 mm spacers all around. Looks better, except the wheel gap....

Once all is done, I'll go to tuning. Love my 4G. I now have 75k km and the car is clean.

I did get the timing belt changed, or at last I paid to have it changed......

#13 ·
Took the car for a long drive last weekend. Great new sound, definitely more power and the car adapted to the mods. I did get a code for the lower sensors, but I cleared it and it has not returned. I will give them a tighten soon.

I have the RRE pulley and DC sport CAI ready to install.

I have been pondering the GT throttle body, but have yet to find one, might just polish the one I have.

That will probably be it for the year, the tune will be next year for sure. I guess I have to buy the cable....

Cheers.

#14 ·
The code for downstream O2 sensors is because you have no cat in the RRE header.

You're gonna love the CAI sound.

GT throttle body is a pretty useless mod. Nobody has ever proven it to add power, and the science doesn't support it either.

As for the tune... See about doing it in person with Michael. You're not far from him, he's an awesome guy, and it'll be done way faster and smoother WITHOUT you needing to buy the cable

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.