Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority - View Single Post - Radio Issue
Thread: Radio Issue
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2020, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Collin

Collin is on a distinguished road
Radio Issue

So I'd gotten my 06 eclipse, and it has the Rockford fosgate sound system, but it had this weird issue where you'll be driving and it would random turn the volume all the way up and blare music, even if the radio was turned off, it'd turn itself on and start blasting.
I went and replaced the headunit with a BOSS audio touch screen I got on Amazon, using a Mito-01 adapter harness to keep the amp and everything stock. But for some reason the front right speaker didn't work. I'd ignored this issue for a bit, but then eventually the left front speaker went out as well. I've checked the connections.I've soldered and taped up all the wires to the correct colors, and any unused wires such as swc have their ends taped up.
So my question is if anyone could have an idea as to why it's not working. I checked fuses, they look fine, and show resistance on a multimeter in ohms setting. Could it be the amp blew or something? Just wanting to hear some opinions before I have to start taking things apart.
Collin is offline   Reply With Quote