Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority - View Single Post - I have a question 2007 4G GT blows Engine control 20Amp fuse
Thread: I have a question 2007 4G GT blows Engine control 20Amp fuse
View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2020, 11:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
pcfreak4

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_sauvage View Post
An update: hopefully it will be helpful to someone. 20Amp fuse # 9 goes to majority of engine sensors. I started checking sensor wiring and noticed that heat shield is touching oxygen sensor wire. Could not see any damage to the wire, but after I eliminated the contact things went back to normal. Been driving for a week now and no blown fuses. I guess somehow the circuit was grounding as I was driving and it would blow the fuse. Interesting, the engine would not stall, even when most sensors were disabled by blown fuse. But I could feel some loss of power, but not much. Hopefully things will stay OK.
Thanks for the update, yeah if any sensor goes offline, the ECU has preset failsafes programmed in to keep running anyway, aside from the crankshaft and camshaft sensors, and probably the knock sensor at the minimum for it to at least run
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote