Full built 3g only cost 7500 to convert into an evo fwd and 15000 if awd but im focus - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2000-2005 Eclipse (General 3G)

2000-2005 Eclipse (General 3G) General discussion and information about 2000~2005 (3rd Generation) Eclipse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 9th, 2019, 01:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Applejacked91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Full built 3g only cost 7500 to convert into an evo fwd and 15000 if awd but im focus

SEARCH IN THE CURRENT
AND SHOW ME
Index
Club4G.org Site Forums
New Members Forum
Applejacked91
Join: about 2 hours ago

about 1 hour ago #1
3g or 4g and how to choose based on what you really want from it
So i like evos ill start there i currently own a heavily modded 3g gs now back to my point i like both the 3g and the 4g for differant reasons ill start with why i like 4g then explain why i chose a 3g a 4g i thaught was bad ass i liked it i test drove both btw before buying also looked at the body weight of both neither r light but 3g is much lighter ther 4g i liked the sound of the 4g gt exhaust but felt it lack top end power i liked the seat the console setup i did not like the whole round space ship loom though also didnt like newr looking gauges felt it at enough gas to match evo8 gas milage so i drove the 3g n heres why i chose a 3g gs specifically its was lighter number one it sits slightly lower has a more agressive front end in my opinion and heres what i hated about my 3g it only came with 100 whp if that lol poop slow so i read and read about hp upgrades for 4 yrs before even buying a dumb intake kept said car in closed storage and saved money ill tell you what my total was to acheive my build later so as i read n saved i also called f &s motor sport to get detail on 3g engine they use one in there 6.87 second evo with an evo 8 crank evo 8 main studs evo 8 arp stud and evo 8 stock ecu they run long rods in it and make 1000 hp i didnt need 1000 hp only like3-500 so i got an entire parts list for a built 4g64 dohc that mean now the long put away 3g would wake up and be an evo well almost minus awd but thats ok plenty of fwd gst push 500 or more im a mechanic so i did all the work myself i used 2g rods 2g gst rod bearings evo 8 4g63-64 main bearing all king bearings arp evo 8 stud n mains fit like a glove torqued it three steps honed it myself broke it in last summer n got a tune done by me u have tatrix cable mad 315 hp first run after a 1500 mile break in im a 12 yr full time mechanice so i did a few extra miles for saft i currently have 2200 miles on her so heres facts ready i did all machining myself onhead valves etc nothing was spent other then parts heres the real cost of a full built high hp 3g gs 7500 bucks i can make up wards of 500 using lsd and all oem rebuilt trans with special shims shout out to shepard trans u know so think on that n maybe you want high hp or heavy turd its up to you god gave hands there no good if we dont use them i only paid 300 for the car it has all aem gauges tucked n out of sight for good reasonevo 8 ecu big front mount n runs great if any body wants a list on evo swapping a 3g im around
Applejacked91 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in