Want to buy this, need opinion, 2000 gt - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2000-2005 Eclipse (General 3G)

2000-2005 Eclipse (General 3G) General discussion and information about 2000~2005 (3rd Generation) Eclipse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Caleb
Vehicle: 2000 eclipse gt
Czechmeowt is on a distinguished road
Want to buy this, need opinion, 2000 gt

So I recently checked out a 2000 gt v6 automatic out, drove it, seemed good. Body looka great, mechanically the Srs light is stuck on, I'm assuming this just seems to be a sensor issue? Strut for trunk was broke, no biggy... i asked if he had any transmission issues or motor problems and he said no, he did mention there was an oil leak, and he's had it for a few years bit cant remember back, was told it is the valve cover gasket which I've looked up and is a common issue and doesn't look bad as a diy fix. I'm going to go back out Saturday to open it up and see how it deserves on the highway and see how it drives at a higher speed. He did say when it sits for a day or more of no driving that when you start it up to go it's almost got a delay of the throttle and says he was also told it needs and adjustment of the throttle cable? Or that it is sticking? It seems fine at idle. How was this be as a daily driver? Open to opinions.
Czechmeowt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 17th, 2015, 11:55 PM   #2 (permalink)

Car has just under 136k.
Old September 17th, 2015, 11:58 PM   #3 (permalink)

This is the post that was advertised ...

Mitsubishi Eclipse GT, adult owned and never driven hard. We've owned this car since 2002, it's now a third car and we just don't drive it much anymore. It is very clean, inside and out and has always been garage kept, no rust. Leather interior, sliding moon roof, 6 disc Infinity changer, power windows and seat. Decent size trunk and lots of room with rear seats folded down. Front tires have 10k miles, rears 5k. Brakes were done less than 10k ago. A few minor issues but it's a strong runner, run to drive and good gas mileage with the 3.0 engine.

Old September 17th, 2015, 11:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Here are a few pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 01414_bCzt9eN6w4I_600x450_1442552322207.jpg (33.9 KB, 19 views)
File Type: jpg 00909_jg15GrSsYDM_600x450_1442552332330.jpg (31.0 KB, 15 views)
File Type: jpg 4109_1442552366609.jpg (28.6 KB, 18 views)
Old September 18th, 2015, 10:05 AM   #5 (permalink)

Name: alex
Vehicle: 2007 gt
ambrotos is on a distinguished road
It's a almost 16 year old car with no major issues that the owner claims. The idle thing could just mean it needs a tune up. Has the timing belt been changed? When was the last time the transmission fluid been changed? When was the last time the radiator been flushed? Last time the spark plugs been changed?

These are the questions I would go in wondering. I bought a 2001 spyder with 25k miles back in 2005 and had a handful of issues I didn't expect.

Could be worse, could be better. After having 2 eclipses in different type of make years, I would be hesitant at first.
ambrotos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 20th, 2015, 05:14 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
Nice looking Eclipse, but like Alex said, you need to retool the car to be your own. Any used vehicle needs a good look-over, even if its been handled with kit gloves. The timing belt would take top priority, it's the heart of the engine, and car... No engine-No drive. Drain and flush all fluids, including the brake and power steering fluids.

If you are buying, you'll need this.
2000-2002 Eclipse Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2000-2002-eclipse-service-manual/

The 2006-2012 Eclipse Factory Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2006-eclipse-fa...ervice-manual/

Last edited by Clovisman; September 20th, 2015 at 05:18 AM.
Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in