Hackish tune appears to pull timing compared to stock - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2020, 05:59 PM   #41 (permalink)

Sparda D'Mon is on a distinguished road
So the kit matches oem quality or do you have a better brand in mind I could try?
Sparda D'Mon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2020, 12:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I would feel less confident with that than OEM. OEM typically uses much more reputable brands. I'd look for a better specific one for you, but lack the signal strength right now to do much

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2020, 11:52 AM   #43 (permalink)

Understood. Back to Hackish. How much is his ECU reflash?

Old March 18th, 2020, 04:29 PM   #44 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda D'Mon View Post
Understood. Back to Hackish. How much is his ECU reflash?
I did it two years ago and it was $350 USD for a non boosted tune
It’s more for boosted tunes

Plus u need a Tactrix Openport 2.0 which is $179
https://www.tactrix.com/index.php?op...ed=1&Itemid=53
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2020, 09:34 PM   #45 (permalink)

Im looking at that link, then at that open port and for a moment I think I witnessed what the pearly gates look like... Thanks!
Old March 24th, 2020, 10:56 PM   #46 (permalink)

Quote:
Im looking at that link, then at that open port and for a moment I think I witnessed what the pearly gates look like... Thanks!
Can I ask your age?
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:00 AM   #47 (permalink)

~salutes~ 32 my good sir.
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:48 PM   #48 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
Quote:
Can I ask your age?
Why the question? Do i strike you as immature? 😂🤣
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:56 PM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can I ask your age?
Lol honestly I thought you were a 16 year old kid with his first car, and that’s totally ok, we respect everyone here and accept everyone

You just seem really into wanting to boost your car which is fine I just didn’t want to see someone young and inexperienced without a lot of $$ to complete a feat like that to go down that rabbit hole and end up with an incomplete build because they ran out of funds, didn’t know how to do it properly, etc

But we’re always here to help bro

I’m just gonna tell you that while our car can be boosted and some have, its gonna cost like $3,000 and require some custom fabrication and welding to make all the parts let alone hook it all up and make it work and properly tune it etc, it’s way harder than even getting a premade turbo kit and slapping it on an old Honda Civic for example

It’ll probably be easier if you wanted a boosted car to just buy a turbo car that was turbo from the factory, that’s what I did; Eclipse is my reliable daily driver with good MPG with minor bolt on mods, my WRX is my turbo from factory toy with a lot of mods

Last edited by pcfreak4; March 25th, 2020 at 06:00 PM.
Old March 25th, 2020, 06:32 PM   #50 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Can I ask your age?
Lol honestly I thought you were a 16 year old kid with his first car, and that’s totally ok, we respect everyone here and accept everyone

You just seem really into wanting to boost your car which is fine I just didn’t want to see someone young and inexperienced without a lot of $$ to complete a feat like that to go down that rabbit hole and end up with an incomplete build because they ran out of funds, didn’t know how to do it properly, etc

But we’re always here to help bro

I’m just gonna tell you that while our car can be boosted and some have, its gonna cost like $3,000 and require some custom fabrication and welding to make all the parts let alone hook it all up and make it work and properly tune it etc, it’s way harder than even getting a premade turbo kit and slapping it on an old Honda Civic for example

It’ll probably be easier if you wanted a boosted car to just buy a turbo car that was turbo from the factory, that’s what I did; Eclipse is my reliable daily driver with good MPG with minor bolt on mods, my WRX is my turbo from factory toy with a lot of mods
Honestly... i would end up spending 5-6k for a 2G GST anyways. Im not ready to boost because im learning. And i read around here that if i cant tear down the engine on my own then i shouldnt even go into deeper waters with a turbo. Saber mentioned he's working on a turbo for us GS owners and if he can fabricate a stable set up for bone stock 4G69 engines then i would definately save to buy it. I honestly want my 2nd car to be more family friendly. So my GS is my DD but i only drive it for as long as i get to be home. Being a trucker doesnt leave u with alot of home time. Have you watched that RRE video of that blue 4G GT on the track?
Old March 25th, 2020, 07:03 PM   #51 (permalink)

Well my eclipse was wrecked and I got it from Copart insurance auction and fixed it myself

Got my 02 WRX cheap too and fixed it up myself

There’s deals to be had out there with a little DIY elbow grease to get something like an old WRX or something cheap that has some minor required fix up work

I just think putting a turbo on a non turbo car like ours is 1) NOT a diy task or cheap and 2) will highly diminish the reliability of your car as a reliable DD as they are stock
Old March 25th, 2020, 08:17 PM   #52 (permalink)

I see your point. That's why i want to know how to pull our engines appart and put it back together. Wether i go turbo or not i want to be able to fix it and not just do what most ppl do because they lack the knowledge. Junk the car or sell it.
Old March 25th, 2020, 09:33 PM   #53 (permalink)

Quote:
I see your point. That's why i want to know how to pull our engines appart and put it back together. Wether i go turbo or not i want to be able to fix it and not just do what most ppl do because they lack the knowledge. Junk the car or sell it.
What mods do u have on your car right now?

Why do you want to pull the engine apart right now? If it’s not knocking or burning oil real bad with blown rings or down on compression then there’s no reason to tear it apart NA without boost once again as these engines are actually very durable and well built, no reason to tear a 4G69 apart unless you’re trying to build it up for more boost, it can even handle moderate boost stock pretty well with proper tuning, naturally aspirated there’s no reason to upgrade its internals IMO; I’d be more worried about the transmissions in these cars holding together than the engine to be honest with you

This 4G69 4 cylinder is the successor to the legendary 4G63 and 4G64 engines from Mitsubishi which are known as some of the best tuning and modifiable and well built engines ever, along with the LS GM (Corvette), EJ Subaru (WRX/STi), RB Nissan (Skyline and Silvia/240SZ), B20 and K20 Honda, and 2JZ Toyota (Supra) engines

Last edited by pcfreak4; March 25th, 2020 at 09:37 PM.
Old March 25th, 2020, 10:23 PM   #54 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Kyle, why do you worry about the transmissions so much? Aside from the GS auto, when have you heard of common issues. You'll definitely wreck the motor in a GS or GT on any of those other transmissions before the trans goes. But, that said, 500hp has been done on a stock GS motor, and 460 on a stock GT motor. Guys have put a 175 shot of nitrous through a GT with an auto and been ok

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 26th, 2020, 06:47 AM   #55 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Kyle, why do you worry about the transmissions so much? Aside from the GS auto, when have you heard of common issues. You'll definitely wreck the motor in a GS or GT on any of those other transmissions before the trans goes. But, that said, 500hp has been done on a stock GS motor, and 460 on a stock GT motor. Guys have put a 175 shot of nitrous through a GT with an auto and been ok
I have a GS auto lol

I’ve auto heard of people with the manuals that the shift bearings go out and it’s a discontinued part
Old March 26th, 2020, 08:15 AM   #56 (permalink)
Basically Stock

That's pretty rare, and bearings of the same size from other Mitsubishi parts such as the Evo transmissions will still fit. The synchros die often in the manuals, but that just makes for notchy shifting. I killed mine with Royal Purple 3 years ago, and still race the car on the same trans.

I haven't observed any issues having raised the power, nor has anyone I've seen who didn't use a Lancer differential (those DO die very easily, and our GS manual trans is a common upgrade for high power FWD lancers)

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 26th, 2020, 08:38 AM   #57 (permalink)

Good to know
How did royal purple kill yours?
Old March 26th, 2020, 09:00 AM   #58 (permalink)
Basically Stock

It's chemically not safe with our synchro brass alloy. Dissolves the surfaces. It says on there it's brass safe, but it's only a few brass alloys, and turns out it's long known in the Evo community as not safe in Mitsubishis

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 26th, 2020, 10:41 AM   #59 (permalink)

Interesting

Never bought RP myself but found some 75w90 gear oil and 5w30 engine oil in the trunk of my WRX from a previous owner, maybe 2 owners before me as the last guy said he used Rotella T6 5w40
Old March 26th, 2020, 10:48 AM   #60 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I use redline 90 weight oil in my trans, and a variety of 5w-40 in my engine

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 27th, 2020, 09:50 PM   #61 (permalink)

Full bolt ons. I recently changed my transmission oil and i used redline for the same safe reason Saber stated. Copper parts in our MT. As for the engine question is just to have knowledge and be able to repair my own engine.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in