Radio Issue - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 31st, 2020, 09:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Collin is on a distinguished road
Radio Issue

So I'd gotten my 06 eclipse, and it has the Rockford fosgate sound system, but it had this weird issue where you'll be driving and it would random turn the volume all the way up and blare music, even if the radio was turned off, it'd turn itself on and start blasting.
I went and replaced the headunit with a BOSS audio touch screen I got on Amazon, using a Mito-01 adapter harness to keep the amp and everything stock. But for some reason the front right speaker didn't work. I'd ignored this issue for a bit, but then eventually the left front speaker went out as well. I've checked the connections.I've soldered and taped up all the wires to the correct colors, and any unused wires such as swc have their ends taped up.
So my question is if anyone could have an idea as to why it's not working. I checked fuses, they look fine, and show resistance on a multimeter in ohms setting. Could it be the amp blew or something? Just wanting to hear some opinions before I have to start taking things apart.
Collin is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 31st, 2020, 11:18 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
I think your stock radio speed changing volume is actually a feature of some of the fancier stock radios in these cars, it was an advertised feature by Mitsubishi, a lot of newer cars do it

It’d be nice to have because as u speed up the volume increases and as u slow down or come to a stop it decreases automatically, to account for road and wind noise
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 1st, 2020, 07:00 AM   #3 (permalink)

The thing about it was that it wouldn't change with speed, it'd just randomly wether moving or not turn the volume all the way up, to deafening levels. Now it's a aftermarket radio, and front speakers don't work.

Old August 1st, 2020, 07:33 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Wiring harness adapter or stock amp

Did they work on the factory radio
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 2nd, 2020, 10:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

The harness is for hooking to an after market radio, so it can't connect to the stock radio, as far as the amp, it did work before, I guess I could try plugging the old radio In and see if the front speakers make any noise, so I guess I'll update when I get that tested.
Old August 3rd, 2020, 05:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Garrett
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS Spyder
iBlackSunday is on a distinguished road
By the way, you can turn this feature off by holding one of the buttons, idk which one. I had issues with it for awhile before I figured out what it was. I think it's the right knob. If you have an aftermarket stereo now with issues, it could be a ton of different issues.

Maintenance: Timing belt-118k | Auto Trans Fluid-131k | Spark Plugs+Grommets+Valve Cover Gasket-125k | Passenger CV Axle-144k | Mag Oil Plug-153k | Tires-159k | Soft Top-160k

Future Work: ???

Last Oil Change-159,030 (7/5/2020)
Valvoline 5w20 Full Synthetic + STP S2808XL

Last edited by iBlackSunday; August 3rd, 2020 at 05:12 AM.
iBlackSunday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in