Spare key - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 10th, 2020, 01:16 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jayannon is on a distinguished road
Spare key

Hey guys n gals , when I bought my eclipse it came with the traditional key+fob but he also gave me just a key no fob . It starts the car but I'm just wondering , how do I fit it in a fob if I buy a replacement ? My regular one is just the blade it doesn't have the end that goes through a keychain .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200810_111223_1597083387408.jpg (13.8 KB, 6 views)
Jayannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 10th, 2020, 02:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 06Eclipse Gs
ryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to behold
Are you sure that key will start the car?

Did you have your oem key with the buttons next to it on a key ring when you tried?
Old August 10th, 2020, 04:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

Ya it fired right up . . . My OEM key was 4 floors up on my night stand . I thought there was like a chip in the OEM fob you needed to start the car , unless mine just has some crazy range on it lol

Old August 10th, 2020, 04:42 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Your ECU is probably tuned with the immobilizer disabled or you have a hidden key chip hidden up in your steering column to always give the signal to the computer
pcfreak4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 10th, 2020, 04:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 06Eclipse Gs
ryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to behold
Thats strange.

There is a chip in the oem key that lets the car start.

That blade should not let you start it.

Possibly what pcfreak4 said.
Maybe thats what the previous owner did with the 2nd oem key. Taped it to the steering column. Or its possibly tuned.

Last edited by ryguy; August 10th, 2020 at 04:46 PM.
ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 10th, 2020, 06:56 PM   #6 (permalink)

I wouldn't be surprised , there's definitely been no end to the surprises I've found with this car . The day after I bought it I had codes pulled and it looked over quickly and the first thing the guy asked was if I could get my money back . Codes galore and he said " man this guy was shady he's got this n that disabled , sensors pulled , still find strange wiring here and there . Theres some module with 2 red wires glue gunned behind my faceplate just below where the double din sits , someone though it's for the alarm but I dono . Also does that weird ticking noise 10 times when it's turned over but before I crank , won't start if I don't wait for the dash lights and the stereo to load up . Will have to see if theres a chip hidden somewhere , I'm guessing there is . Thanks as always guys
Old August 10th, 2020, 08:05 PM   #7 (permalink)

The 10ish clicking noises when u turn the key is totally normal actually on these, they all do it, it’s the throttle body

Also when u first start it and go into drive and hit about 8 mph u should hear a “click” up front, that the ABS module activating, it’ll happen every time the car has sat for a while after being turned off
Old August 10th, 2020, 08:25 PM   #8 (permalink)

Finally !!!! Lol , I've commented on so many threads about starting issues etc . That's exactly it though , after the 10 clicks and my warning lights on the dash disappear I can start it no problem . Pretty sure I replaced a perfectly fine battery thinking that was the issue lol . Damnit . And ya once I get rolling out of my parking garage I hear the other thing
Old August 10th, 2020, 08:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yup those are totally normal

U should be able to just crank it right away tho without waiting, u only need to wait to crank until those clicks are done after an ECU reset with a scan tool or battery disconnect where the computer needs to relearn throttle body position
Old August 11th, 2020, 09:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

Hmm , I've gotta wait for those clicks , my dash lights to disappear and the dvd screen to finish loading before it'll let me turn it over . And that's every single time I get in the car , if I run into a store for 5 min gotta do it all again . If I try to early it sounds like a light switch being flicked and no power , no crank just totally dead .
Old August 11th, 2020, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Need a new battery? Starter?
Old August 11th, 2020, 04:58 PM   #12 (permalink)

When I had my oil change and inspection done they said the battery was close to new , and I thought maybe they just said that and didn't actually check cause it wouldn't turn over the next day , so I put a brand new battery in , and the starter seems fine , fires up no issue at all once that sequence of the dvd and clicking noises stops lol . Whenever my cars gone to the shop I have to tell them how to start the car and no ones had any idea as to why it does that .
Old August 11th, 2020, 07:57 PM   #13 (permalink)

Weird
Old August 12th, 2020, 01:46 AM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Steven
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse GS
Sexynerd34 will become famous soon enough
Hypothetically speaking, if it's the tune, would swapping his ECU with a compatible one fix the problem?
Sexynerd34 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 12th, 2020, 06:15 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sexynerd34 View Post
Hypothetically speaking, if it's the tune, would swapping his ECU with a compatible one fix the problem?
No that would make everything worse, car wouldn’t run at all then, and these ECUs are very specific, first off it would have to be the exact same part number on the sticker as the one u have, which is going to be specific to the 4 cylinder or 6, auto or manual, and even specific to the year of the car

Then you need special dealer level scan tools to reprogram the VIN into it and then reprogram keys into it
Old August 12th, 2020, 12:45 PM   #16 (permalink)

I mean it's not so much a problem as it is strange . Whenever I have a passenger their like umm are we just hanging out here or what are you waiting for lol .
Old August 12th, 2020, 12:48 PM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayannon View Post
I mean it's not so much a problem as it is strange . Whenever I have a passenger their like umm are we just hanging out here or what are you waiting for lol .
My gf always asks me why tf it takes me so long to turn off my car too haha cause I’m paranoid about making sure the windows roll up all the way with our auto frameless windows and stuff 😂
Old August 12th, 2020, 12:51 PM   #18 (permalink)

Ya I always gave mine shit cause she would SLAM the door everytime and I have seat belt covers and she leaves like 5 feet of slack hanging out the door everytime and I hear the buckle smashing in the door . Funny though cause she closes it SO carefully now .
Old August 12th, 2020, 03:46 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayannon View Post
Ya I always gave mine shit cause she would SLAM the door everytime and I have seat belt covers and she leaves like 5 feet of slack hanging out the door everytime and I hear the buckle smashing in the door . Funny though cause she closes it SO carefully now .
Oh that’s my brother slamming my Eclipse door too hard and getting my WRX seat belts that won’t roll up good anymore stuck in the door jamb lol

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in