Quick clips - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 30th, 2020, 10:23 PM   #1 (permalink)

Jayannon is on a distinguished road
Quick clips

Hey friends ! Just wondering if anyone else is using quick clips on the bumper ? Seeing as just about everything I've had to do on my car involved the bumper coming off I was gonna order a set from Amazon . I'm talking about the ones with the band's not the button push ones . Just curious on placement and how many you used 🙂 I think they look cool but the functionality might be the smartest thing I do for this car lol .
Jayannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 31st, 2020, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Everyone with the bands I've spoken to regrets it. Push button looks the way to go

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 31st, 2020, 09:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

Is that because the band's break ? I did see that common in the reviews but most said it was if they were super tight and in cold weather . Most say the just replace with zip ties . I love the look of the band's but I'm doing it for functionality , guess I'll review the push button ones too

Old August 31st, 2020, 11:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I've heard of breaking, stretching, or just poorly holding the alignment.

Zip ties would probably work better

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old August 31st, 2020, 07:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

I ordered the band style purely because I like the way they look lol . But I'm going to put a zip tie with the band over top for aesthetics 🙂 Grabbed some more plastidip too , see what I come up with . Addicted to that stuff . But not the brand plastidip , there's this Canadian brand called " Protectdip" more specifically for rims , but it's designed for Canadian weather/temperature and far more durable . It also seems to cover a lot more . I've seen someone on here say 4 cans per rim ! Most say 1 can but I got 8 coats on all 4 wheels from 1 can ! And no one can believe it's plastidip . I've washed it a dozen times and use tire shine on it no prob . 100km on the highway everyday and not even a chip in it . Also had my tires taken off and it didn't even scuff the lug nuts . ( Swear I'm not a rep for Protectdip ) lol
Old September 1st, 2020, 02:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
Basically Stock

It doesn't hold up better, but it's a finer spray. It has more solvent in it for sure. It also makes it run easier.

When you try and remove it, don't even bother trying to peal. The multiple cans thing isn't for coverage, it's about being able to be removed. Just use bug and tar remover and a pressure washer.

I used to use the stuff alllll the time before I started just painting

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old September 1st, 2020, 11:24 AM   #7 (permalink)

Weird cause I didn't use cards or mask off or anything and I peeled my overspray off in one perfect piece . Same when I do touch ups . I'm sure after it's been on for quite a while it won't be so simple lol . I'm only using it for things I like to change up frequently . I've used paint for permanent things obviously . I gave up wrapping my interior , was gonna use plastidip till I read on here ! Thinking of going with a white metallic paint
Old September 1st, 2020, 01:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Basically Stock

It'll come off tires easily, as it doesn't really stick to rubber very well. Too much oil, unless they're old cracking tires.

I find that after about a year it begins to fade. You can re-black it with solvents, or just spray over it again. Spraying over again is much lower risk of damaging the surface, plus makes it thicker. Both will make it better to peal in the future, but don't count on it being easy.

White metallic paint could look really nice. I used just Krylon flat white plastics paint in my interior. The 2 in 1 paint and primer. It held up well to panels I sanded first, and some clearcoat over top really protects it from dirt

Back when I had an interior, and a silly shift knob from a civic because my OEM leather one was ruined, it looked like this

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old September 1st, 2020, 08:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

Ya my tires are only a few months old and I use tire shine frequently , actually got some tire shine on my plastidip but it blends in great and makes it look awesome . Always loved white in interior so I'm definitely gonna do something similar , probably use the duplicolor white for vinyl and add a metalizer with some clear coat for durability . Off topic I did some "vision" style eyelids with black plastidip today . Looks pretty good , wouldn't mind a color match but I've pretty much went with black accents wherever I can so it's not out of place
Old September 1st, 2020, 09:22 PM   #10 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Right on. I have some material left over I've been considering using to do another run of plastic eyelids. Could be another option right there

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old September 2nd, 2020, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

I'm sure those would be snagged up real quick on here ! You've done them before I take , how much did or will you sell them for ? Any of my parts I've seen sourcing solely from Canada because getting anything from the US has taken months so I'd gladly buy from you 🙂
Old September 2nd, 2020, 11:41 AM   #12 (permalink)

Oh and I got this Duplicolor gloss white for fabric and vinyl and Duplicolor clear effex metallic clear coat . Should look pretty good !
Old September 2nd, 2020, 02:01 PM   #13 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I was selling them 20usd+shipping with double sided 3m tape and primed

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old September 2nd, 2020, 07:49 PM   #14 (permalink)

Wow that's a hell of a lot cheaper than the ones Alex was making ! I think that's his name . Can't go wrong with that 🙂
Old September 4th, 2020, 02:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

BrutalPotato is on a distinguished road
20200804_204109_1599246028605.jpg
The push buttons are the way to go I feel. I bought bands too but I needed something stronger to help with my bumper sag. I like the look of bands better but I also dig the buttons. 👌
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200804_182839_1599246059483.jpg (17.5 KB, 7 views)
BrutalPotato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2020, 06:16 PM   #16 (permalink)

That's what I keep hearing . . . I just love the look of the band style and I got them in a color that almost matches my paint . I'm not so sure I feel comfortable with either style being solely responsible for holding my bumper on so they may turn out to be simply for esthetics and possibly reinforcement , I do have some sag at one headlight it corrects . And I'm going to space them so the band isn't super tense and just zap strap underneath (doesn't show) . Would be incredibly ideal if I wasn't worried about the bumper falling off lol . Seems every single mod I've done has involved the bloody bumper coming at least part way off ! Love those fender flares btw , was searching for some and aside from the ultra cheap 3M sided foam ones they want $800 plus for a set of 4 unpainted PVC flares ! Sounds crazy steep to me but I could be wrong . Was about to buy lowering springs yesterday but wasn't aware id need new struts/shocks and an alignment plus possible a camber kit . And I can't find lowering springs for under $500 even for cheap shitty ones . Being Canadian or at least in my province sucks for owing a 4G !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in