What did you do for your car today? - Page 127 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 2nd, 2020, 02:20 PM   #5041 (permalink)

Walketfretts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmturner View Post
Decided to drive the car today to work. still breaking in new clutch
I just got those headlights installed yesterday. They made my car go from catfish to tiger shark real quick!

Last edited by iBlackSunday; August 2nd, 2020 at 09:18 PM.
Walketfretts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 2nd, 2020, 02:21 PM   #5042 (permalink)

Walketfretts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmturner View Post
Decided to drive the car today to work, still breaking in new clutch.
Whats the offset of those wheels? I love that fitment.

Last edited by iBlackSunday; August 2nd, 2020 at 09:18 PM.
Walketfretts is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2020, 10:04 PM   #5043 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Colten
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse GS 5 Speed
cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walketfretts View Post
I just got those headlights installed yesterday. They made my car go from catfish to tiger shark real quick!
The headlights do make a big difference!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walketfretts View Post
Whats the offset of those wheels? I love that fitment.
And they are 19 x 9.5in +40 offset
255/35/19 tires

Old August 6th, 2020, 03:09 PM   #5044 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Garrett
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS Spyder
iBlackSunday is on a distinguished road
Bought a few things to do some preventative maintenance like things to do a partial coolant flush, a convertible top protectant for the new top so it's water proof and has some type of UV Protection. Also I razor bladed and scrubbed all the glass on the car, can't even tell glass is there anymore.

Maintenance: Timing belt-118k | Auto Trans Fluid-131k | Spark Plugs+Grommets+Valve Cover Gasket-125k | Passenger CV Axle-144k | Mag Oil Plug-153k | Tires-159k | Soft Top-160k

Future Work: ???

Last Oil Change-159,030 (7/5/2020)
Valvoline 5w20 Full Synthetic + STP S2808XL
iBlackSunday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2020, 08:31 PM   #5045 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I turned a $4 screen door return spring into 7psi of boost. Should be at least 75hp. Saved me buying a $200 actuator lol

I did end up altering where the spring mounted though. It's worth about 9psi of gate pressure as it sits right now. I may remove more coils

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2020, 07:14 PM   #5046 (permalink)

Jayannon is on a distinguished road
After a month of waiting finally got my DC Sports CAI 🙂 Super easy to install and had absolutely zero fitment issues anywhere . Didn't have to jack the car or take the tire off either 🙂 Nearly passed out in the 37 degree heat with no shade though lol . New timing belt , water pump etc on Tuesday ($1200) 😞 Plastidipping my rims black Thursday and that should be it for a while , at least until I recover from the $1200 belt !
Jayannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 16th, 2020, 07:39 PM   #5047 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Got my windows tinted with 20%, really thinking I should have gone with 5% but 20% is still really good. Here's a picture of my new convertible top too, which looks amazing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1734.jpg (99.1 KB, 10 views)

Maintenance: Timing belt-118k | Auto Trans Fluid-131k | Spark Plugs+Grommets+Valve Cover Gasket-125k | Passenger CV Axle-144k | Mag Oil Plug-153k | Tires-159k | Soft Top-160k

Old August 16th, 2020, 07:58 PM   #5048 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Awesome guys!
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2020, 03:54 PM   #5049 (permalink)

Tint looks great man ! I've got the factory rims myself , someone gave me them brand new for free 🙂 Gonna plastidip black tomorrow . Tints gonna be my next thing , were allowed any % on the rear and rear side windows , no tint allowed on front side windows , and on the front your only allowed tint 3 inches down from the top of the windshield . I'll go pretty dark on the rear but I'd still like something on the side just a little lighter , I'm the last guy who needs any attention from law enforcement lol .
Old August 17th, 2020, 05:54 PM   #5050 (permalink)
Authorized Kool Kid

Name: N/A
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Mooyo1 is on a distinguished road
Sanded down my Spec-D headlights with failing clear, then put on some Vvivid Bio Pulse smoked tint
Mooyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2020, 05:56 PM   #5051 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooyo1 View Post
Sanded down my Spec-D headlights with failing clear, then put on some Vvivid Bio Pulse smoked tint
Did u wet sand?
Old August 17th, 2020, 06:03 PM   #5052 (permalink)
Authorized Kool Kid

Name: N/A
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Mooyo1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
Did u wet sand?
yes sir, once I got up to 3000 grit... not entirely sure I did everything right but it's held up for the past 2-3 hrs under the tint.
Mooyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 17th, 2020, 08:19 PM   #5053 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooyo1 View Post
Quote:
Did u wet sand?
yes sir, once I got up to 3000 grit... not entirely sure I did everything right but it's held up for the past 2-3 hrs under the tint.
Awesome I’ve been trying to clear up the foggyness on mine
Old August 17th, 2020, 10:51 PM   #5054 (permalink)

New intake and plastidipped the factory rims ( I love plastidip ! ) . Car goes in the shop in the morning for new timing belt / water pump etc . And then I'm broke for a while ! Would love to drop it but coil overs are way out of the budget and the roads here are brutal , spend my day dodging man holes and pot holes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200816_154253_1597722524942.jpg (31.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200817_163913_1597722545073.jpg (20.9 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200817_195750_1597722569034.jpg (16.8 KB, 7 views)
Old August 18th, 2020, 12:34 AM   #5055 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayannon View Post
New intake and plastidipped the factory rims ( I love plastidip ! ) . Car goes in the shop in the morning for new timing belt / water pump etc . And then I'm broke for a while ! Would love to drop it but coil overs are way out of the budget and the roads here are brutal , spend my day dodging man holes and pot holes
How'd you plastidip the wheels? Note cards and spray a few coats? I'm afraid that it will chip off from road debris, I'd want to add a clear coat or something over it.

Old August 18th, 2020, 10:05 AM   #5056 (permalink)

I bought the rattle can plastidip , took a Scotch Brite pad to the rims , wiped them with soap and water after , wrapped my brakes in grocery bags , cards/paper wouldn't fit in my rims for some reason but there's actually an easy better way 🙂 If you get a tire shine sponge or spray some tire shine on a rag and rub it on the tire ( make sure you don't get it on the rim ) it will literally peel off in one pull/piece . I actually couldn't see the overspray until I rubbed the tire and it wrinkled and I peeled it off . They say 1 can does 1 wheel and you want 4-7 coats , I got at least 7 coats on all 4 wheels from just 1 can for some reason , they say the more the better so I used a 2nd can and probably have 20 coats on mine lmao , kept an extra can if I ever need a touch up and returned the other one . It's so incredibly easy I didn't have any mess/runs/drips , took maybe 2 hours with prep and cleanup and they look amazing . Might try it out on my mirrors next
Old August 18th, 2020, 11:56 AM   #5057 (permalink)
Gamer

cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
Decided to clean the car today, since I had to take vacation
Old August 18th, 2020, 01:11 PM   #5058 (permalink)

That's slick ! I really need to drop mine , I've gotta say that has to change the look of the car more than anything . If the roads in my area aren't the best and I do a lot of highway driving is there a certain height I wanna stick to ? It'll be just springs until I can eventually afford coilovers . The Megan Racing ones I've been looking at are a 1.5" drop
Old August 18th, 2020, 01:59 PM   #5059 (permalink)
Gamer

Quote:
That's slick ! I really need to drop mine , I've gotta say that has to change the look of the car more than anything . If the roads in my area aren't the best and I do a lot of highway driving is there a certain height I wanna stick to ? It'll be just springs until I can eventually afford coilovers . The Megan Racing ones I've been looking at are a 1.5" drop
I ran tien S tech springs 2.5" drop for 5 years, and had no issues at all, especially highway driving, if that's too low for you, then I'd go with a 2 in drop
Old August 18th, 2020, 02:41 PM   #5060 (permalink)

Really hey ? That's good to know ! When I bought the car the guy had 18" Dodge truck rims on it , I couldn't even turn into my parking spot and it made a horrible rubbing noise . Someone gave me brand new factory 17" so I've got those on now . Wondering how people have 20" rims on theirs ! Must be something to do with the offset ?
Old August 18th, 2020, 03:18 PM   #5061 (permalink)
Gamer

Quote:
Really hey ? That's good to know ! When I bought the car the guy had 18" Dodge truck rims on it , I couldn't even turn into my parking spot and it made a horrible rubbing noise . Someone gave me brand new factory 17" so I've got those on now . Wondering how people have 20" rims on theirs ! Must be something to do with the offset ?
Yea a lot of factors plays into it, wheel size, width and offset,
I currently run 19x 9.5 +40 offset, and they are almost flush, any higher of a offset and they would stick to far Into the wheel well and rub
Old August 19th, 2020, 09:38 PM   #5062 (permalink)

I definitely noticed it was a much more rugged bumpy ride with the 18's , but they were also pretty dinged up and he had 4 mismatched tires and fronts on the back , left's on the right etc lol . Dude just butchered this car I'm surprised I was able to rescue it
Old August 20th, 2020, 03:38 PM   #5063 (permalink)
Gamer

Also to note, the thinner the tire, the bumper the ride will be, tires absorb alot of harshness of the road
Old August 20th, 2020, 11:18 PM   #5064 (permalink)

Ya the 18's he had on it had low pros or something , was horrible though even at 20km my phone would bounce around so much in the cup holder it would text and call people non stop , just a nauseating ride . Soon as I put new rubber and factory rims on it felt like a Cadillac in comparison lol . All the rims I really like are in the bigger size and for some reason cheaper too . Hard to find anything I like in 17 . Someone in my area has these gorgeous Rikens from the 80's fully restored and custom . $900 is outta my budget when I got brand new factories for free 🙂 The plastidip I did is holding amazing and the shop that did my belt said it was the best job theyve ever seen and didn't believe it was plastidip . And I just did a quick Scotch Brite once over and threw it on . Gonna add this metallic purple over the black to go with my still blue pearl paint 🙂
Old August 20th, 2020, 11:28 PM   #5065 (permalink)

Just go to tirerack.com or discount tire or something for rims
Old August 21st, 2020, 09:22 AM   #5066 (permalink)

Name: Josh Swiger
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse
swiger is on a distinguished road
Installed the new exhaust and tires. Gonna purchase a new control panel and bezels soon. Also I have cool plans for the interior, found very cool seat covers lately on eBay. I was planning to be resting in my real estate in Cannes in this month but I can't move anywhere because of the pandemic so I decided to work on my project car
swiger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 21st, 2020, 12:43 PM   #5067 (permalink)

I've thought about seat covers just cause my AC doesn't work and I don't wanna be sweating in my seats lol . Their in great shape so I'd like to protect them but aside from custom I'm not sure how well they'd fit , and I really like the cut out in the headrest
Old August 21st, 2020, 08:23 PM   #5068 (permalink)

Name: Andres
Vehicle: 2009 GT
SuperEvilnine will become famous soon enough
Did some cleaning of the brakes/rotors, also fixed a cracked corner on the bumper. New fender mounting points as well. Reinforced the side splitters, they were flaring out slightly , got it on point. Scrubbed all the rims, washed her.up

Sent from my Galaxy Note 9

Last edited by SuperEvilnine; August 21st, 2020 at 08:26 PM.
SuperEvilnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 6th, 2020, 05:41 AM   #5069 (permalink)

Gonna attempt to rebuild the OEM cv axles. Any pointers are appreciated as this will be my first time doing this. I also wrapped the 3rd taillight. Had that VHT nightshade spray on it, I won't be using again. I'm using Vvivd smoke tint

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old September 6th, 2020, 05:52 PM   #5070 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperEvilnine View Post
Gonna attempt to rebuild the OEM cv axles. Any pointers are appreciated as this will be my first time doing this. I also wrapped the 3rd taillight. Had that VHT nightshade spray on it, I won't be using again. I'm using Vvivd smoke tint

Why? Replacements are cheap unless you’re making serious power they will still last a long time and won’t break, like if you’re not FI
Old September 7th, 2020, 01:46 AM   #5071 (permalink)

Quote:
Why? Replacements are cheap unless you’re making serious power they will still last a long time and won’t break, like if you’re not FI
Because I'm bored AF

Old September 19th, 2020, 04:04 PM   #5072 (permalink)

I know their certainly not everyone's " cup of tea " lol , but I really wanted a spoiler so went ahead and put one on yesterday 🙂 so love it and got a few compliments on the way home but curious what you guys think ! I think it's gonna look even better lowered ( Installing S Techs this week) . Cheers guys n gals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200918_173237_1600549473446.jpg (39.2 KB, 3 views)

Tags
car, muffler, show

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in