How to program a new key fob explained - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > 2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G)

2006-2012 Eclipse (General 4G) General discussion and information about the 2006-2012 (4th Generation) Eclipse.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old September 5th, 2014, 09:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Duane
Vehicle: 06 GS
PaleRider is on a distinguished road
How to program a new key fob explained

When I needed to get a new key fob for my 06 I searched on here and did not find an easy explanation of how to program a new key fob except for the usual take it to the dealer or the you have to have two programmed keys already.

Well that is not true, it is literally a minute job to program a new key fob. So here is a simple explanation.

I apologize if this is on here someplace already.

First get your new key/fob. Look on eBay, I picked this one up for $59 shipped.

Next just straighten out a paperclip

Now find your data port which is by your right knee under the dash. What you will do is insert the paper clip into slot 1 and 4.

Now that you have these you are ready to begin. This is a sequence/timed event and you only have so many seconds to finish the next task. So first start by putting the key in the ignition, but do not turn it.

Within 10 seconds, insert the jumper into slot 1 and 4 in the data port.

Now push the hazard button 6 times.

Once you push it 6 times the doors will lock and unlock letting you know the car is now within program mode. Now push the lock button on your remote three times. Again the car will lock and unlock. Do this for all keys you want to have access to your car.

Once you are done with all the keys for your car simply pull the wire out and key out of the ignition.

Simple as that and you just saved yourself the hassle of going to the Stealership and a boatload of money.

Last edited by PaleRider; September 5th, 2014 at 09:25 AM.
PaleRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 5th, 2014, 05:38 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 06Eclipse Gs
ryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to behold
Wow nice write up! : )

+erep!

good job and thanks for posting this for the club! : )

btw, your new key, has the wrong blade! ( key to the left, not cut yet...)

the key you got on ebay is for a 08-2012....
they all say theyll work but there wrong....it will not fit in your ignition.

Your oem key, to the right, thats cut already, is for a 06-07. ( your car )
your keys groove is on the right...

the ebay key, to the left in the pic, is for a 08-2012
the blades groove is to the left, and it has 'stops" or shoulders...

pm me if you want any help or clarification. : )

I know, cause I sell the flip keys ( hydrodipped ) for the 4g.....
https://club4g.org/board/automotive-s...se-evo-vw.html

also, to tell which side your keys groove is on, you hold the key in front of you, as if it were hanging on a hook, with the blade pointing down to the ground.. then look at it and see which side the groove is on....

or

06-07 eclipse = RIGHT groove

08-12 eclipse = LEFT groove

and you cant really replace the blade in yours, you can try if you want, but you might break it....

I'd offer to help, or replace the blade for you, to help you out, but I might break it too, and the 08-12 blade is a little wider, so if you were able to swap them, it might be sloppy or loose.

I can get you a new key shell though, if you want... youd just put your chip in it....

Or if you wanna get one of my flip keys, I can custom make you one. ; )

anything you need or any help, just pm me or reply here.

if you want help picking out the correct key shell, I can help you. you dont need to buy another chip....

Last edited by ryguy; September 5th, 2014 at 10:44 PM.
ryguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 5th, 2014, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Ronald
Vehicle: 2006/ECLIPSE/GT
LAFINESTS is on a distinguished road
nice write up
LAFINESTS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old September 6th, 2014, 11:51 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
Halfkiddio will become famous soon enough
This should be a sticky.
Halfkiddio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2014, 11:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Duane
Vehicle: 06 GS
PaleRider is on a distinguished road
Thanks RYGUY.

After I programmed the key I noticed that the blades were reversed and you were right the ebay ad said it would fit. Lesson learned. But at least I do have a backup to unlock the car in case we lock the original one in the car and I will have to find a shell key and move the chip over to it.
PaleRider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #6 (permalink)

viller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy View Post
Wow nice write up! : )

+erep!

good job and thanks for posting this for the club! : )

btw, your new key, has the wrong blade! ( key to the left, not cut yet...)

the key you got on ebay is for a 08-2012....
they all say theyll work but there wrong....it will not fit in your ignition.

Your oem key, to the right, thats cut already, is for a 06-07. ( your car )
your keys groove is on the right...

the ebay key, to the left in the pic, is for a 08-2012
the blades groove is to the left, and it has 'stops" or shoulders...

pm me if you want any help or clarification. : )

I know, cause I sell the flip keys ( hydrodipped ) for the 4g.....
https://club4g.org/board/automotive-s...se-evo-vw.html

also, to tell which side your keys groove is on, you hold the key in front of you, as if it were hanging on a hook, with the blade pointing down to the ground.. then look at it and see which side the groove is on....

or

06-07 eclipse = RIGHT groove

08-12 eclipse = LEFT groove

and you cant really replace the blade in yours, you can try if you want, but you might break it....

I'd offer to help, or replace the blade for you, to help you out, but I might break it too, and the 08-12 blade is a little wider, so if you were able to swap them, it might be sloppy or loose.

I can get you a new key shell though, if you want... youd just put your chip in it....

Or if you wanna get one of my flip keys, I can custom make you one. ; )

anything you need or any help, just pm me or reply here.

if you want help picking out the correct key shell, I can help you. you dont need to buy another chip....
Damn I did not notice that. I just ordered a flip shell key for my new Spyder hope I get the right one lol. if not I will just use it on one of the other g4s.

If I need another one I know what to look for better thanks ^^
viller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2014, 12:23 AM   #7 (permalink)

viller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaleRider View Post
Thanks RYGUY.

After I programmed the key I noticed that the blades were reversed and you were right the ebay ad said it would fit. Lesson learned. But at least I do have a backup to unlock the car in case we lock the original one in the car and I will have to find a shell key and move the chip over to it.
Yes you can program the fob for door lock and unlock panic and trunk but that key even cut with the proper blade will not start the car unless its coded to the computer for the transponder in the fob.

only the dealership and maybe a certified locksmith can do that as far as I know.

~Viller~
viller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 21st, 2014, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Xavier
Vehicle: 2006
AlmightyFalcon is on a distinguished road
Is it possible to use a 3G remote with the 4G eclipse?

I let a local key locksmith create a new transponder key for reserve, but ofcourse it doesn`t have the open/close/trunk-buttons..
AlmightyFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2014, 03:20 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Hampus
Vehicle: 06/Eclipse/GT
Hampoh is on a distinguished road
Quote:
When I needed to get a new key fob for my 06 I searched on here and did not find an easy explanation of how to program a new key fob except for the usual take it to the dealer or the you have to have two programmed keys already.

Well that is not true, it is literally a minute job to program a new key fob. So here is a simple explanation.

Now find your data port which is by your right knee under the dash. What you will do is insert the paper clip into slot 1 and 4.

Now that you have these you are ready to begin. This is a sequence/timed event and you only have so many seconds to finish the next task. So first start by putting the key in the ignition, but do not turn it.

Once you push it 6 times the doors will lock and unlock letting you know the car is now within program mode. Now push the lock button on your remote three times. Again the car will lock and unlock. Do this for all keys you want to have access to your car.

Once you are done with all the keys for your car simply pull the wire out and key out of the ignition.

Simple as that and you just saved yourself the hassle of going to the Stealership and a boatload of money.
I tried this with my key that could run my car and lock manually but the remote keysystem didn't work. It totally worked and now I never have to put my key in the door again!! Thanks so much!!
Hampoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 25th, 2014, 03:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Mitsubishi >

Name: Matt
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
MattGT567 is on a distinguished road
I need to find me a paper clip ASAP!!
MattGT567 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2014, 09:53 AM   #11 (permalink)

ald111 is on a distinguished road
Question does this program for use or just remote

Quote:

Has anyone else tried this to see if it actually programs the chip or just the remote. One site I came across said it only does the remote portion and to use in ignition you still need to go get it programmed.
ald111 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 22nd, 2014, 11:49 AM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 Eclipse GT
Andy4G is on a distinguished road
I have this key, would I be able to just buy a new shell? All I want is the unlock and lock cus I hate with a passion sticking the key into the god damn door lol, I also have another key that Looks like a regular key to your room door but it's just bigger but that isn't able to start my car, only able to unlock and lock. Got it from the dealer when I first bought my car. I'll take a picture of the second key if anyone wants to see
Andy4G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2015, 02:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: christian
Vehicle: 2007/eclipse
xtianxb is on a distinguished road
Bad news to me. Does somebody knows what can i do? I have only 1 Key and sometimes it doesn't works. This solution fits to 07 eclipse? Please could you consider that I'm in Peru, so buy a Key to program it is practicaly out the dealer. (Pay somebody Else to do that is almost $200) this post will made all soo easy if this works
xtianxb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 8th, 2015, 08:06 AM   #14 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 06 eclipse
Flaboy806 will become famous soon enough
Andy4g to my knowledge you cannot just buy a shell but a fairly cheap alternative is to get an alarm installed that come with a remote. You can usually get one installed for around 100$ that has lock unlock and trunk release. That about half price for a remote head key I just paid 195 for a new remote head key cut and programmed

Last edited by Flaboy806; March 8th, 2015 at 08:07 AM.
Flaboy806 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2015, 01:26 AM   #15 (permalink)

Name: Rana
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse SE
rana23 is on a distinguished road
Thank you

Just saved me some money. LOL at "stealership"
rana23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2015, 05:54 AM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
If you have 2 already and need to program a 3rd it tells you in the manual how to do it. Takes like 60 seconds and it's just putting each key in the ignition and in the on position. If you don't have 2 keys then you need to do this or dealer.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 3rd, 2015, 01:38 AM   #17 (permalink)

Name: Ghost
Vehicle: 08/spyder/gt-p
Ghost69 will become famous soon enough
Hi All how are u ? I have questions anyone tried to reprogram Canadian model 2008 eclipse gt spyder ...
Will that works?

Thanks
Ghost69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2015, 01:09 PM   #18 (permalink)

kidintheshadows is on a distinguished road
I created an account solely to state that I tried this method on a 2011 Mitsubishi Galant and it worked!

Just be sure (as this was not very clear to me), that if you program one remote, you have to reprogram all others as well.

In other words: If you have one working remote that still unlocks your car, and another that you're trying to reprogram, be sure to "push the lock button on your remote three time" for ALL the remotes (working or not), not just the one you're trying to reprogram.

Last edited by kidintheshadows; May 23rd, 2015 at 01:14 PM.
kidintheshadows is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2015, 03:02 PM   #19 (permalink)

Name: Martino
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
Plain Jane is a jewel in the roughPlain Jane is a jewel in the rough
Will this also unlock bloodmode?

Good explanation. I need to get a spare key made sometime soon. I have an '07 GT. Where/who's the best to buy from?
Old May 23rd, 2015, 04:45 PM   #20 (permalink)

Name: John
Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Will this also unlock bloodmode?

Good explanation. I need to get a spare key made sometime soon. I have an '07 GT. Where/who's the best to buy from?
The Stealership, I just had my case replaced. The key blank is part of the case, so $71 for the case, and $15 to have the new blank cut, so $86 .

Ahh!! you will also need the FOB, so $140 + plus blank cut. My dealership said they would program the FOB for free, I sure as Hell hope so....

If you check on E-Bay I'm sure you'll find it cheaper.

The 2006-2012 Eclipse Factory Service Manual Link:
http://tearstone.com/2006-eclipse-fa...ervice-manual/

Clovisman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:01 PM   #21 (permalink)

Ouuf. That's a pretty penny. Maybe I'll take a page out of my G5 playbook (FOBs are also KO'd) and leave the doors unlocked. It's an undesirable car with a manual transmission, so chances are good that she'll remain unstolen.

best anti-theft device ever made

Last edited by Plain Jane; May 23rd, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Plain Jane is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2015, 06:05 AM   #22 (permalink)

Clovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to beholdClovisman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plain Jane View Post
Ouuf. That's a pretty penny. Maybe I'll take a page out of my G5 playbook (FOBs are also KO'd) and leave the doors unlocked. It's an undesirable car with a manual transmission, so chances are good that she'll remain unstolen.

best anti-theft device ever made
Thieves that can't drive a stickshift ~~ LOL!!

Hands up!! Don't shoot!! ~~Ovficer, I waznt't
trying to steel that old lazy's car... I'z can't even drive a stick!!

~ Hey, will this work for a "Hands up!! Don't shoot!!" icon?? LOL!!

Last edited by Clovisman; May 24th, 2015 at 06:21 AM.
Old May 24th, 2015, 07:58 AM   #23 (permalink)

"They can't drive a stick? That's like unmanly!"

Words to live by.

You seem to really like emotes. That one with the newbs might get you on the FBI watch list lol
Old June 3rd, 2015, 04:01 AM   #24 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: GS 2007
TjDobbs78 is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this guide!

I just wanna say thanks for this guide. I have a 2007 GS model and purchased a blank key with a virgin fob from eBay and got it cut, then found this guide via Google to program it. The place where I brought my car wanted almost 200.

You saved me 140!

thanks again!
TjDobbs78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:30 PM   #25 (permalink)

Name: Darrell
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse GS "Spyder"
DRC69 will become famous soon enough
GREAT write-up.
Just one comment / suggestion.
The time-out for me was LESS then 5> seconds. I did it, but it took great timing.
Might be easier with 2 people. JMO
Thanks Again.
DRC69 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2015, 07:02 PM   #26 (permalink)

Name: Bill
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse
Shredder is on a distinguished road
OK, so it seems like there are differing views. Does the pushing the hazard 6 times method only do the keyless portion or the transponder? If not then is there a way to program the transponder portion if you only have 1 key? I would like to hear from some that actually did this.

Thanks for clearing this up for me.
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2015, 07:49 PM   #27 (permalink)

This will only program the keyless entry not the transponder chip. Like Ryan said though if you still have the red internals from your key your fine... and in absolute dier need I have heard of people taping the red chip to the end of there key and it running there car so this might work until you can get a new key in from Ryan

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old September 2nd, 2015, 08:04 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Bill
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse
Shredder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaboy806 View Post
This will only program the keyless entry not the transponder chip. Like Ryan said though if you still have the red internals from your key your fine... and in absolute dier need I have heard of people taping the red chip to the end of there key and it running there car so this might work until you can get a new key in from Ryan.

Ok, thanks. So I guess the only way to program an additional transponder is the dealer
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 2nd, 2015, 08:20 PM   #29 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
Ok, thanks. So I guess the only way to program an additional transponder is the dealer

Don't pay dealer price! Call around a lot of loca key smiths can do it. I saved over 100$ by calling around

Old September 3rd, 2015, 02:27 AM   #30 (permalink)

Good info in these books about programing keys.

GROUP 54A CHASSIS ELECTRICAL
http://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/2006...002100-54A.pdf

GROUP 42 BODY
http://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/2006...0005400-42.pdf

Old September 4th, 2015, 03:38 PM   #31 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GT (Solar)
Lumenix is on a distinguished road
Related question: I have a spare key that came with my car (used) and if you unlock the door with it manually it sets the alarm off. However once you start the car with the same key the alarm silences and youre able to drive no problem. Is this key missing the transponder or is it just a bad copy? There are no buttons on the key and its a generic replacement brand.
Lumenix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 4th, 2015, 04:01 PM   #32 (permalink)

If the transponder was missing it wouldn't start the car as its needed to start the car might be an issue with the door lock itself

Old September 4th, 2015, 04:53 PM   #33 (permalink)

ryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to beholdryguy is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumenix View Post
Related question: I have a spare key that came with my car (used) and if you unlock the door with it manually it sets the alarm off. However once you start the car with the same key the alarm silences and youre able to drive no problem. Is this key missing the transponder or is it just a bad copy? There are no buttons on the key and its a generic replacement brand.

if there are no buttons on the key... then I'm going to guess that its JUST a blade....
like this?
http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-Tr...Mitsubishi+key

so your missing the keyless entry/alarm part...

If it has the black rubbery part on top of the key head, then theres a transponder in there... built in...(thats why your able to start your car.)

so basically, your missing the keyless entry/alarm part...

When you start the car, the transponder tells the car its ok to turn over, then the alarm turns off...

When you unlock it with the blade, your cars alarm dosent see your keyless entry part... so your alarm turns on...thinking someones tampering with your locks/etc...

This thread is to program the keyless entry/alram part.
(since your missing it, youd want to do this process when/if you get a new/used keyless entry. this should solve your problem.)

I think there is a way to disable JUST the alarm... not sure though...possibly in a link Clovisman has posted....
( That may be something you want to do for the time being...if you dont have the keyless entry part) you could maybe find the horn/siren for the alarm, and disconnect it so its not loud and people think your trying to steal a car....

Last edited by ryguy; September 4th, 2015 at 05:03 PM.
Old September 5th, 2015, 01:19 AM   #34 (permalink)

If you don't have a programed transponder the key would not allow you to start the engine.

It sounds like the key transponder is corrupt, and it just needs to be programed.

Old January 19th, 2016, 04:15 PM   #35 (permalink)

Name: Adam
Vehicle: 2011 Mitsubishi Galant ES
AHenning is on a distinguished road
Please help...not working

I have a 2011 Galant and I had to recently replace the original transponder key with built in keyless entry. The locksmith gave me the same kind of key (minus the truck open button) but did not program the keyless entry part (in part because he only charged me for a regular transponder key and not one with keyless entry). Anyway...I tried this method and I can get to the pressing the hazzard button 6 times and the car locks and unlocks. The problem is when I press the LOCK button 3 times nothing happens. I tried it several times and I get to the same point everytime. Is there something I'm doing wrong or could there be an issue with the key?
AHenning is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 19th, 2016, 05:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHenning View Post
I have a 2011 Galant and I had to recently replace the original transponder key with built in keyless entry. The locksmith gave me the same kind of key (minus the truck open button) but did not program the keyless entry part (in part because he only charged me for a regular transponder key and not one with keyless entry). Anyway...I tried this method and I can get to the pressing the hazzard button 6 times and the car locks and unlocks. The problem is when I press the LOCK button 3 times nothing happens. I tried it several times and I get to the same point everytime. Is there something I'm doing wrong or could there be an issue with the key?
For fun, try a different battery in the key

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2016, 06:42 AM   #37 (permalink)

Name: Damian
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS Auto
D Rocc is on a distinguished road
Hello guys. I'm fairly new to the club and don't post much but I'm always browsing the forum for new information. I have a 08 GS a/t with a 3 button (lock+unlock+Panic) remote key that is coming apart from the frame and is missing both the lock and unlock button pads (sometimes gets real annoying to press down with my fingernails). I was browsing eBay for a new shell and found a 4 button (lock+unlock+trunk+panic) remote key with the groove on the LEFT (just like my current key). I was wondering if the trunk release button could work if I switched over from my 3 button key to the 4 button key? Or would I need to reprogram the key to get it to open the trunk? I have a picture of my current key and the eBay link to the 4 button key if someone would please help me out. I appreciate the time and help.http://m.ebay.com/itm/4-Button-2007-...ATCHING_ACTIVE
D Rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 2nd, 2016, 08:21 AM   #38 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocc View Post
Hello guys. I'm fairly new to the club and don't post much but I'm always browsing the forum for new information. I have a 08 GS a/t with a 3 button (lock+unlock+Panic) remote key that is coming apart from the frame and is missing both the lock and unlock button pads (sometimes gets real annoying to press down with my fingernails). I was browsing eBay for a new shell and found a 4 button (lock+unlock+trunk+panic) remote key with the groove on the LEFT (just like my current key). I was wondering if the trunk release button could work if I switched over from my 3 button key to the 4 button key? Or would I need to reprogram the key to get it to open the trunk? I have a picture of my current key and the eBay link to the 4 button key if someone would please help me out. I appreciate the time and help.4 Button 2007 13 Mitsubishi Remote Left Uncut Key Fob Shell Case Housing Vet | eBay
PM me.
I'll help you out... : )

How do you have a 3 button key in the 1st place? You should have a 4 button...
PM me pics of your key please.

If anyones chip/keyless entry part is broken, (the red internal part, not the shell) you guys have this option too if you want to try to save it and not have to buy a hole new key...
https://club4g.org/board/interior-ext...ts-picsss.html

I have one of these shells if someone needs one....(its dipped in Carbon Mist - Carbon Fiber)

In that threads pics, you can see how our transponder,(the rectangular black thing) is inside our keyless entry fob. that rectangular black chip is what your car needs to start...the rest is the keyless entry...(the electronic board,battery to power it)

if your internal red part is not broken, you can just get a new shell, or switch to the 4g flip key but make sure you get the correct blade!... if your not buying from me. ; )
PM me if you need any help ....also see my thread below...

Last edited by ryguy; February 2nd, 2016 at 08:43 AM.
Old February 2nd, 2016, 03:38 PM   #39 (permalink)

Name: Damian
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS Auto
D Rocc is on a distinguished road
Here is pictures of my original key
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1454448816205-822549212_1454448844114.jpg (30.1 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 1454448940689-1021121094_1454448956889.jpg (31.2 KB, 29 views)
D Rocc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 3rd, 2016, 02:50 PM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Rocc View Post
Here is pictures of my original key
Thank you.
(You can delete the pics now if you want.)

I think you have a 4 button fob. Just someones bought the wrong shell...
( your trunk button is under the shell...you just need the correct shell now,with trunk button.)

PM me.... Well get you straightened out. : )

Tags
600, art, button, car, dash, ebay, eclipse, event, how to, ignition, key, key fob, lock, money, program, programming, remote, start, unlock, wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in