4G69 Intake Manifold Variations - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6; AP1 s2000
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
4G69 Intake Manifold Variations

As far as I can see the Mitsu Galant and Lancer have identical intake manifolds to where the Eclipse manifold is slightly different. I'm wondering if the slight differences would mean one style is better than the other. I'm planning on exploring this in a couple weekends to see if there are any volume difference between the two. But for now here's some info (Pics are of an actual 07 Galant manifold):

The Galant/Lancer manifold is a bolt on affair for us

The EGR valve is on the inside of the #4 cyclinder runner (instead of outside rear)
- You may need to lengthen the wire harness to reach

The EVAP Solenoid is on left hand side of the intake (instead of the right side)
- You will have to lengthen the wire harness to reach
- You may not have to run new hose, as theres extension from the factory (see pic 2)

The Brake Booster port is located on the left front side (instead of the backside)
- You may not have to run new hose, as theres extension from the factory (See pic 3)

The black manifold resonator on top of the plume is eliminated

MAP Sensor is in proximity as our manifold

Throttle bodies are the same

Throttle body plume opening are the same

Valve Ventilation hose is in the same area

EVAP Lines

Brake Booster Lines

No resonator port, this may be one of the biggest benefits as it won't disrupt air flow

RRE does offer a port/polish for this manifold for the Ralliart guys

http://www.roadracemotorsports.com/s...6f97b04ce22692

Who's selling their 4G next
Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.

Last edited by trevroar; January 19th, 2011 at 09:46 PM.
trevroar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 21st, 2011, 08:43 AM   #2 (permalink)
Black Irish

Name: Ross
Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gs
muscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to all
Definitely subscribing to this thread. Keep us updated on your findings
muscles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 21st, 2011, 06:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
4G69er

Name: Daniel
Location: Where the only team in the NFL that had a perfect season resides...
Vehicle: CS7A
Lanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of light
Well I guess I'll just throw this out there ... The evo8-9 IM is interchangable with the 4g69 as some lancer ralliart guys have done this for a boost in torque but a slight drop in hp.. Take it for what it is .....

Old January 22nd, 2011, 06:06 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Evil Wizard

Name: Jamie
Vehicle: 94 Galant GS
majin is a jewel in the roughmajin is a jewel in the rough
^^^I thought it was the other way away: Drop in torque for a boost of HP. The Ralliart Lancer guys swap to the Eclipse IM for a boost in torque
Old January 23rd, 2011, 09:24 AM   #5 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzerralliart View Post
Well I guess I'll just throw this out there ... The evo8-9 IM is interchangable with the 4g69 as some lancer ralliart guys have done this for a boost in torque but a slight drop in hp.. Take it for what it is .....
I've googled this, but couldn't find an evo manifold that looked like it would bolt up. I'm really interested in finding out more about this.. do you have a link i could check out bro

Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
Old January 23rd, 2011, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Trying to be fully built

Name: Roman
Vehicle: 2007/eclipse/gs
roman lujan has a spectacular aura about
i thought the intak maniflod on the ra couldnt fit are head due to one bolt the was off like two centinmeters

mods/ obxr lt header/es motor mounts/cold air intake/megan racing catback/ rre und pully/gt tb/stage one delta cam/ aem fic/ msr stlye 44 rims/tein stechmods i have waiting to be put in stage 2 cam/ manly rods/ apr head and mian studs/ wisco pistions/in need of a nitrious kit/ head/intake manifold
roman lujan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 24th, 2011, 10:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman lujan View Post
i thought the intak maniflod on the ra couldnt fit are head due to one bolt the was off like two centinmeters
Researched that earlier on... both cars use the same manifold gasket, so bolting them up should be no problem at all.

Old January 25th, 2011, 01:35 AM   #8 (permalink)
Trying to be fully built

really hold on let me find the thread and read up on it

mods/ obxr lt header/es motor mounts/cold air intake/megan racing catback/ rre und pully/gt tb/stage one delta cam/ aem fic/ msr stlye 44 rims/tein stechmods i have waiting to be put in stage 2 cam/ manly rods/ apr head and mian studs/ wisco pistions/in need of a nitrious kit/ head/intake manifold
Old January 25th, 2011, 02:37 AM   #9 (permalink)
Trying to be fully built

https://club4g.org/board/4g-eclipse-g...-manifold.html
Heres one of the threads

Old January 25th, 2011, 06:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Trying to be fully built

Never mind dude it will bolt up it's just that it hits the fire wall the to long If I can remember why

Old January 25th, 2011, 10:46 AM   #11 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Thanks for that roman, good stuff to know

Old January 25th, 2011, 01:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Trying to be fully built

Your welcome man just trying to help don't want any one to buy it and find out it doesn't fit just looking out

Old January 30th, 2011, 12:17 PM   #13 (permalink)
Turbo GS

Name: David
Vehicle: 06-GST
meDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of lightmeDave is a glorious beacon of light
I've taken my extra manifold to RRM and put it side by side to their PNP manifold, and along with the other differences listed (EGR mounting point etc.) we have one more sensor that runs out of our manifold.
Performance: Air Research T3/T4 Turbo w/STR cast iron manifold, AEM UEGO Wideband, AEM Tru-Boost EBC, 3.0" Turbo to Axle Exhaust w/ 2.0" Dual Outlets, Ported Intake Manifold with GT TB Swap, Ralco RZ Short Shifter, RPW Thermal Spacer Kit
Suspension: Evo Brembo Swap, Cusco Strut Tower Bar, BC BR Coilovers, Progress Rear Swaybar, 4G Rear Body Brace Bar, Wavetrac LSD
meDave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 30th, 2011, 11:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

I swapped the manifolds today, and to say the least, it bolts right up. There is no clearance issues at all, and I'm using a thermal gasket. You will need to lengthen the wires for the EVAP solenoid, EGR Valve, and MAP Sensor. Dave, not sure about which sensor you're talking about, but every sensor was present on the manifold, just adjust the wiring and you're set.

As far as the vacuum hoses, the manifold originally has what you need for them. Mine didn't have the brake booster hose, so for now I just stretched the existing hose over the plume, but I'm planning on use the OEM gallery once I can locate one (see pics above).

Besides that, the other difference that isn't mentioned above is the flange for the throttle body is slightly slanted on the Eclipse manifold, where it is straight out on the Lancer/Galant manifold. However it didn't hinder connecting my cold air intake at all.

Visually, the Lancer/Galant manifold plume looks noticeably larger and I think the runners are also longer than the Eclipse plume. I have no supporting facts proving one is better than the other. Personally, I chose to run the Lancer/Galant manifold because it doesn't have the resonator cutout that the Eclipse one has. As Roman mentioned above, the Lancer/Galant manifold may give an increase in torque, but a loss in hp

I know I'm going to be asked if I felt any difference... but for tonight I didn't get to drive it much so we'll have to see how it does tomorrow. It did start right up, idled and drove 10 miles home with no problems at all. I did make one mistake when I had it apart, and I pushed the throttle body open and then pushed it closed again with my finger. My friend said I may have just uncalibrated the throttle body. I'm not sure if I did.. but it did't seem like it.

PROOF!

Last edited by trevroar; January 31st, 2011 at 12:29 AM.
Old February 4th, 2011, 08:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
Black Irish

muscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to all
Any updates?
Old February 4th, 2011, 11:50 AM   #16 (permalink)
4G69er

Lanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of lightLanzerralliart is a glorious beacon of light
Nice swap!!!!
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:27 PM   #17 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanzerralliart View Post
Nice swap!!!!
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by muscles View Post
Any updates?
With the crap weather we been having in update NY, I haven't been able to get on it too much lately. But from putting around it seems like the idle has smoothed out and it will pull more eagerly now... but it could just be me.

Old February 7th, 2011, 01:13 PM   #18 (permalink)
Black Irish

werd. prob wont know unless you dyno it.
Old May 29th, 2011, 06:35 PM   #19 (permalink)
Black Irish

bump
Old September 12th, 2011, 01:37 AM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse GS 5 Speed
nokiauser is a jewel in the roughnokiauser is a jewel in the rough
Just a side note after reading a blog on the intake manifolds.
Longer runners = more torque and less hp
Shorter runners = less torque and more hp

This is taking the volume into consideration...
larger = less torque but better flow at higher RPMs
smaller = more hp at lower RPMs because of higher air speed

Intake Manifold Tech: Runner Size Calculations - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

If there's anyway to try to measure the length of the runners between the Ralliart and the Eclipse, would give some insight into this matter. Thanks.
nokiauser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 12th, 2011, 02:55 PM   #21 (permalink)
4G69er

I have a ralliart intake manifold I could measure ....
Old January 4th, 2013, 06:57 PM   #22 (permalink)
chucknasty

Name: charles
Vehicle: 99 corvette
chucknasty01eclipse will become famous soon enough
EVO VIII intake manifold on a N/A 4G69 - evolutionm.net

1984 corvette - z51 package, stainless brake lines, borla exhaust, gutted cat
chucknasty01eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2019, 11:05 AM   #23 (permalink)

Name: Josh
Bakuro117 is on a distinguished road
Hey guys! Sorry to bump a really old thread. But I was looking for some data on the differences between the Eclipse and Lancer Intake Manifolds. I did some searching and found this thread but not really anything other than people discussing if the swap is possible. Obviously, it is. But what are the differences? Are there noticeable HP or Torque differences between the two? I've seen dyno sheets comparing the Lancer IM to the Evo IM and you can see that some power is lost mid-range, but picked up in the top end. But I cant find anything of the sort comparing the Lancer and Eclipse IMs.
Bakuro117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2019, 03:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakuro117 View Post
Hey guys! Sorry to bump a really old thread. But I was looking for some data on the differences between the Eclipse and Lancer Intake Manifolds. I did some searching and found this thread but not really anything other than people discussing if the swap is possible. Obviously, it is. But what are the differences? Are there noticeable HP or Torque differences between the two? I've seen dyno sheets comparing the Lancer IM to the Evo IM and you can see that some power is lost mid-range, but picked up in the top end. But I cant find anything of the sort comparing the Lancer and Eclipse IMs.
Just put a 38mm wastegate blockoff plate on your Eclipse intake manifold where that black resonator is located, I just hacksawed the top of the black thing off and bolted on the blockoff plate
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2019, 06:06 PM   #25 (permalink)

Name: Carter
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
MrRalliart09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakuro117 View Post
i believe the throttle body is a totally different size so unless youre switching to throttle cable i dont think itd make sense on an eclipse.

personally i think porting the stock manifold to a GT throttle body is our best bet. the only reason i could see for switching the manifold would be if you had easy access to one like at the junkyard. definitely wouldnt spend much to get a couple HP and probably loss of drivability on our eclipses.
MrRalliart09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 21st, 2019, 09:17 AM   #26 (permalink)

Name: Josh
Bakuro117 is on a distinguished road
Thanks guys! I'm going to go ahead and use the Eclipse manifold. I have the Eclipse, Ralliart, and Evo style manifolds at home. I was just bouncing around the idea of if it was worth swapping to one of the others. I think it'll be fine to keep this one for now.
Bakuro117 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4g69, black, body, brake, eclipse, factory, galant, harness, intake, intake manifold, manifold, offer, pics, ralliart, rear, resonator, spyder, top, valve, wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in