4g69 to 6g75 swap: Spectator View - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2011, 08:35 AM   #41 (permalink)
Black Irish

Name: Ross
Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gs
muscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to all
lol nicee
muscles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 19th, 2011, 01:02 PM   #42 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Name: Trevor
Vehicle: 07 Spyder GS6; AP1 s2000
trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilsonD7 View Post
while its out i would start building inside first. There are one set of BC rods left in the group buy if you would be interested buying the motor...
I got to pass on those for now. I'm going to stick with the original plan to get it in and running... once that is done, we are prolly looking at next year for building it up

Who's selling their 4G next
Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
trevroar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 19th, 2011, 01:19 PM   #43 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
Here's what I don't get, your gonna do far more work and invest more time and money than any of the GT guys for what will largly be a stock GT. Sure you have some boltons but if this were my swap I'd save my $ and all at once swap a fully build custom turbo with built block. Just my .02.
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old February 19th, 2011, 02:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

trevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to beholdtrevroar is a splendid one to behold
I know what you're saying Chaos, but I'm not looking to build a 600+ hp monster, I will be happy with a bolt on beast mated with a stage 1 SDS making ~350hp. I got nothing but time, if I'm feeling froggy in the later days, I'll slowly build it up for more hp.

Boosted V6 Swap, Ross Pistons 9:1 compression, H-beam Forged Rods, Comp Cams Valve Springs, Ripp Mods SDS Vortech V5G Stage II @ 8psi.
Old February 22nd, 2011, 08:23 PM   #45 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Transmission arrived today, and its a heavy sonabitch, weighed in at 141lbs dry weight. I didn't weigh my gs 5spd, but had to been closer to 75lbs. First look of the tranny looks good, no obvious flaws. I was able to hand spin the spline in every gear and it was silky smooth.... as it should be with only 13k miles on it.

Here are your pics...

Driver side

Bell Housing/Passenger side

This side faces the hood, where to transaxle mount goes

More parts to order Friday....

Old February 23rd, 2011, 03:37 PM   #46 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

CV axles bought today, and currently bidding on a used complete oem clutch kit on ebay which is ending tomorrow...

Last edited by trevroar; February 23rd, 2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM   #47 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Ordered a bunch of the little stuff I'm going to need, dealership didn't break the bank too bad $190-ish for everything I'm going to need. I updated the the OP with part#'s and cost... Not too much longer till the install

Old February 27th, 2011, 09:01 PM   #48 (permalink)

Name: Aaron
Vehicle: 2009/Galant/Ralliart
Infliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to allInfliction is a name known to all
why the hell have i never noticed that youre in binghamton??
im just south of syracuse.
Old February 28th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #49 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevroar View Post
As soon as I'm turn key with the swap, the old motor goes on the chopping block.
NNiice, be good to have another Mitsu guy around this summer. I'll get at you sometime

Old February 28th, 2011, 10:43 AM   #50 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Anyone have a wrecked GT they're parting out?!?!?!?

Old March 6th, 2011, 05:20 PM   #51 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Parts, parts, parts...

Old March 6th, 2011, 09:14 PM   #52 (permalink)
Lathe Master

Vehicle: 05 Lancer Evolution
Ricoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant future
Yeah Trev ur not so far from me near Syracuse either.....
Keep it up we should roll this summer.
Progress Lowering Springs, Fujita CAI, Full 2.5" Stainless Exhaust, Aero Turbine 2540I Muffler, Ripp Long Tube Headers (SES Free), Dynomax High Flow Cat, Thrush Stainless Resonator, Ripp Poly Motor Mounts, Glowshift Gauge Pod and Gauges, GTech SS, Custom Glass Radiator Hose, TWM GS Short Shifter w/ custom reverse lockout, TB Bypass, Red Neon Decklid
Ricoswave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 6th, 2011, 09:18 PM   #53 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Asteroids Revenge Champion!Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
The more I think about this the more I see why GS guys want to do it. Though I do think it is smarter just to sell the GS and get a GT, if that isn't an option then doing a swap to an engine with 100more horses and gobs more tq is sure going to feel nice over the GS.

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:10 AM   #54 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswave View Post
Yeah Trev ur not so far from me near Syracuse either.....
Keep it up we should roll this summer.
We have a pretty good car scene here, you'll definitely want to get in on it this summer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
The more I think about this the more I see why GS guys want to do it. Though I do think it is smarter just to sell the GS and get a GT, if that isn't an option then doing a swap to an engine with 100more horses and gobs more tq is sure going to feel nice over the GS.
I got my GS cheap at $10k a year ago, and it would make sense to trade it in for a GT if I didn't already have money into it. Besides I've saved very little of the stock stuff -I'd actually loose money on trade if I went that route. I'm hoping to keep total cost around $3500 for the v6 swap, plus you need to factor in selling my perfectly good 4g69 which easily go for $1200 or more as a complete set. I don't know if anyone knows this, but the 4g69 is a sought after motor for Mitsubishi Mirage owners. If you youtube Mirage & 4g69 you will find plenty of drag vids... here's an example of a N/A running 13's 1/4 miles.

YouTube - CoolTek [email protected] @ PHSS Street Import Night 5

Last edited by trevroar; March 7th, 2011 at 12:12 AM.
Old March 7th, 2011, 12:27 AM   #55 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
We have a pretty good car scene here, you'll definitely want to get in on it this summer!

I got my GS cheap at $10k a year ago, and it would make sense to trade it in for a GT if I didn't already have money into it. Besides I've saved very little of the stock stuff -I'd actually loose money on trade if I went that route. I'm hoping to keep total cost around $3500 for the v6 swap, plus you need to factor in selling my perfectly good 4g69 which easily go for $1200 or more as a complete set. I don't know if anyone knows this, but the 4g69 is a sought after motor for Mitsubishi Mirage owners. If you youtube Mirage & 4g69 you will find plenty of drag vids... here's an example of a N/A running 13's 1/4 miles.

YouTube - CoolTek [email protected] @ PHSS Street Import Night 5
Yeah the 69 is sought after by a lot of people. Check out project zero G sometime its a sight about all the 4g6x sirrus series engine's and how they can be frankenstiened. A lot of the mirage guys like to destroke it.

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 12:42 PM   #56 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Small update.... the ECU made it earlier in the week as promised by the seller. The kid on eBay douched out with the stock flywheel, had to open a dispute to get my money back after he did nothing after two weeks, the jerk then relisted it on ebay for twice as much from what I won it at. To top it off, the salvage yard I wanted to get the 6spd shifter assembly also couldn't pull through... so still prospecting parts before going back to the dealership to buy new... I'm trying to hold out as long as I can...

oh the joys...

Old March 19th, 2011, 03:16 PM   #57 (permalink)
Not Your Friendo

Name: Dethklok
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/4g63 GS(T)
Tsensational is just really niceTsensational is just really niceTsensational is just really niceTsensational is just really nice
Quote:
Anyone have a wrecked GT they're parting out?!?!?!?
www.car-part.com

I've been looking for repair parts there. It might come in handy for you too.

I Instagram sometimes
Tsensational is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 05:08 PM   #58 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Love that site, its been in my favorites for years.. thanks for looking out!

Old March 19th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #59 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
excellent progress man. keep us posted. I love this project

+rep

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 05:38 PM   #60 (permalink)
Not Your Friendo

Name: Dethklok
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/4g63 GS(T)
Tsensational is just really niceTsensational is just really niceTsensational is just really niceTsensational is just really nice
Quote:
Love that site, its been in my favorites for years.. thanks for looking out!
haha yea I'd expected as much.

I Instagram sometimes
Tsensational is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 05:51 PM   #61 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
don't listen to the ppl who "don't get it"

if i had the money i would have a RWD GT

Good luck man!

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2011, 12:50 AM   #62 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

^^^^ Thanks fellas!!! ^^^^

Old March 28th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #63 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Today was a good day! Found an oem flywheel for $75 delivered, which is about half of what I have been seeing them go for. I'm coming down to the last few items I'll be needing but unfortunately, they're all the high priced items.

At this point, I'm thinking about taking advantage of doing internal upgrades while the motor is out of the car. So I may splurge for pistons and rods. Also, a little hesitant on OBX headers and the KYB struts, so I may also save for Ripps LTH and D2 coilovers.... I got nothing but time, so I might has well do it right

Old March 28th, 2011, 08:20 PM   #64 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2009/GS Rocket Ship
MyVEC is on a distinguished road
Keep it up! But does this mean you wont be posting in the GS section after this?

Mods: Headers, pulley, CAI, Gt fab spacers, driver mod?, lowering springs, Dash mounted hula dancer.
MyVEC is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:31 PM   #65 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

I'm sure I will, I like both flavor eclipse. Although the motors are completely different, you'd be surprised at how much they are a like in many ways

Old March 28th, 2011, 08:48 PM   #66 (permalink)
Perfection over power

Name: Trevin
Vehicle: 06 GS-Turbo
Elemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to allElemenohpee is a name known to all
AHHHH, I havent seen this thread untill today WTF. I can wait to see this finished, props to you for actually doing it I have seen a few people talking about it. Goodluck with everything you have ahead of you and I hope you dont have too many problems along the way if any at all. I'll be skulking over that engine you have too If you ever do decide to sell it hmmm. good shit though again!!
Elemenohpee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:03 PM   #67 (permalink)
Lathe Master

Vehicle: 05 Lancer Evolution
Ricoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant future
Be patient with the parts, pretty much every day a GT bites the dust somewhere in the US.
Progress Lowering Springs, Fujita CAI, Full 2.5" Stainless Exhaust, Aero Turbine 2540I Muffler, Ripp Long Tube Headers (SES Free), Dynomax High Flow Cat, Thrush Stainless Resonator, Ripp Poly Motor Mounts, Glowshift Gauge Pod and Gauges, GTech SS, Custom Glass Radiator Hose, TWM GS Short Shifter w/ custom reverse lockout, TB Bypass, Red Neon Decklid
Ricoswave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 28th, 2011, 09:22 PM   #68 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elemenohpee View Post
AHHHH, I havent seen this thread untill today WTF. I can wait to see this finished, props to you for actually doing it I have seen a few people talking about it. Goodluck with everything you have ahead of you and I hope you dont have too many problems along the way if any at all. I'll be skulking over that engine you have too If you ever do decide to sell it hmmm. good shit though again!!
Thank you... and I'm too far into it to quit now!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricoswave View Post
Be patient with the parts, pretty much every day a GT bites the dust somewhere in the US.
Yes sir, and I am very anxious to jump on the opportunity. I need the shifter assembly and cables which are $400 from the dealer. This will be the last piece I buy for sure, I'm willing to pay $200 for it if anyone knows of any wrecked GT's

Old March 28th, 2011, 10:35 PM   #69 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Asteroids Revenge Champion!Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
we will make a new section called GS to GT convert... lol

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 31st, 2011, 05:42 PM   #70 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
Christatic is on a distinguished road
This is awesome, You will have the power of a gt with out the higher insurance payment.
Old March 31st, 2011, 06:38 PM   #71 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Yep on paper it's still a GS
Old April 29th, 2011, 11:29 AM   #72 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 08/GS
Mech Automator has a spectacular aura about
Long time no update... everything ok?
Mech Automator is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 29th, 2011, 12:23 PM   #73 (permalink)
Amarillo 4g

Name: Dustin
DustinH is just really niceDustinH is just really niceDustinH is just really nice
Probably getting everything together.
Old May 1st, 2011, 10:30 AM   #74 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Yep still working on it..... going to lay down the order for the flywheel and clutch from one of the vendors on here next Friday. Had to put some money into my daily driver so it set me back a little. Will keep you guys updated!

Old May 19th, 2011, 03:53 PM   #75 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

OH HAPPY DAY!!!! Found the 6spd manual shifter assembly at a junk yard for $80 delivered. New was $200+..... hopefully it comes with the cables... we'll see.

Original post updated for cost and part numbers...

Here's a pic of the donor car

Last edited by trevroar; May 19th, 2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old May 19th, 2011, 06:28 PM   #76 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
Awesome progress Trevor. What all are you missing?
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 19th, 2011, 08:42 PM   #77 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

To get the motor in, all I need is the clutch kit and headers. Once its in, then the real fun starts, I'll need everything on my first post that isn't X'd off... and prolly a bunch of little stuff that will come up along the way. Main goal from there is to get the engine to turn over and run. Then just upgrades to suspension and brakes..... I'm a little behind on cash from my accident I had with it.

Old May 19th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #78 (permalink)

Name: Travis
Vehicle: 13 Genesis Coupe
MitEclipse07 will become famous soon enough
are you going to wait to rebuild it fully and than throw it in, or just going to throw it in and work on it from there?
MitEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM   #79 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

I got to drop it in all stock first, make sure it runs, I don't want to do anything else to it till I know it runs well as stock

Old June 7th, 2011, 12:40 PM   #80 (permalink)
Contributing Member!

Man, I got to get moving on this.... I've decided to start parting parts off the four banger, keep an eye out for FS threads, should have some things up later tonight.

Last edited by trevroar; June 7th, 2011 at 01:16 PM.

Tags
2007, a/c, accessories, brake, cai, clutch, eclipse, ecu, exhaust, flywheel, gasket, intake, interior, kit, kyb, mitsubishi, oil, parts, racing, struts, suspension, swap, tranny, transmission, works

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in