Beginners guide to modding you're 2.4l 4cyl GS (What route should I go??) Thread - Page 3 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GS/SE Specific 2.4L I4 (4G69) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:30 PM   #81 (permalink)

Name: mike
Vehicle: 07/eclipse/gs
firemanz00 is on a distinguished road
does anyone know how to take off the fuel door on my 2007 gs eclipse? I want to swap it out with a different one. I heard thier are screws thier but when i opend up the fuel door thier were no visiable screws.....
firemanz00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 11th, 2012, 01:39 PM   #82 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
there are three bolts inside the door, surrounding the gas tank nozzle. I'll take a picture on my lunch break and show you.
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2012, 01:43 PM   #83 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Name: Eric
Vehicle: was a 09 Mitsubishi Eclip
Cubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really nice
I know that on my 2009 eclipse there are visible screws that you can unscrew to take it off, I don't know about the 07

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
Cubansoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 11th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #84 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Cubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really nice
Yo jhun, about your tb thread, does putting on a custom 65mm tb on a gs reduce your mpg? Along with some of the other mods you described, jw.

Old June 11th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #85 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Well I will say this, from my personal experience and others who have dyno'd. Without a tune the gt 65mm tb will cause you to lose power. You gain better throttle response, which gives the illusion that you gain power, but you truly lose it. I've noticed it takes longer to get to 130mph then it did before all my mods. Mainly because I need a tune. Now after reflash, it'll be a whole nother ball game. As far as mpg goes, you won't notice a difference as long as you don't always drive like crazy fast.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:28 PM   #86 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

So switching out the throttle body won't add more power??? I thought you said it would??

Old June 11th, 2012, 02:31 PM   #87 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

It will add more power, but not until you tune. It gives more low end tq and throttle response before and after tune.
Old June 11th, 2012, 02:45 PM   #88 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Oh ok, got you, so do u really thinks its worth the upgrade then?

Old June 11th, 2012, 03:27 PM   #89 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

absolutely. Especially after reflash or FIC. The stock one is just too small. Shoot i'm considering going even bigger than the one I have now.
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:29 PM   #90 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Name: 370z's are pieces of lateral shit
Vehicle: 2012 nissan frontier v6
snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhun35 View Post
absolutely. Especially after reflash or FIC. The stock one is just too small. Shoot i'm considering going even bigger than the one I have now.
that thought has crossed my mind as well.i would love for someone to send me a proflow tb just to try on my gs for a week ..if it worked out,well i know what i would be buying next !
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:33 PM   #91 (permalink)
All go and no show

Name: Greg
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GS
Army_NJ is a jewel in the roughArmy_NJ is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
that thought has crossed my mind as well.i would love for someone to send me a proflow tb just to try on my gs for a week ..if it worked out,well i know what i would be buying next !
Get with animefreak, I believe he's working on a project to do with that.
Installed: DC Sports CAI, Outlaw Engineering TB Spacer, GT TB, TB Bypass, Tenzo R Lowering Springs, Sickspeed Oil Catch Can, RF Head Unit, RF Speakers, Aem Uego, Gutted exhaust manifold, Redline Tuning hood struts, Magnaflow Catback.
On hand: A ton of stuff that im too lazy/dont have time to install.
Next project: Sneaky sneakys.
Army_NJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 11th, 2012, 03:42 PM   #92 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Ight I got you jhun, so your car won't register the difference at all until you give it a tune? Or incorporate the FIC?

Old June 11th, 2012, 03:51 PM   #93 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

The ecu tries it's best to take any mod you do, and convert the air flow back to stock readings. that's just the way learning ecu's work. but after reflash or fic, the ecu will be running accordingly.
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:52 PM   #94 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Ight I got you, and the FIC is something you would have to buy and then use? And then what, it just hooks up to ur car somewhere and reprograms it?

Old June 11th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #95 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

in your case, well honestly in anyones case, the reflash by hackish is the way to go. the fic just tricks the ecu, the reflash actually changes the ecu itself. Hackish, a member on here, does the reflash for $500 plus the cost of you to buy your own tactrix cable. give me asec and I'll go find the reflash thread for you to read through
Old June 11th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #96 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

https://club4g.org/board/tuning-elect...h-options.html
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:01 PM   #97 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

i updated the original post with a more broad overview.
Old June 11th, 2012, 05:58 PM   #98 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Ight thanks

Old June 12th, 2012, 06:56 AM   #99 (permalink)
All go and no show

Jhun you should include upgrading the grounding wire in this.
Installed: DC Sports CAI, Outlaw Engineering TB Spacer, GT TB, TB Bypass, Tenzo R Lowering Springs, Sickspeed Oil Catch Can, RF Head Unit, RF Speakers, Aem Uego, Gutted exhaust manifold, Redline Tuning hood struts, Magnaflow Catback.
Old June 12th, 2012, 07:34 AM   #100 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeeyes View Post
i would love to do this.the gt guys are lucky having the tube on the outside of the im
if i get a spare engine im gonna talk to a shop about blocking it off.
Old June 12th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #101 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Name: 370z's are pieces of lateral shit
Vehicle: 2012 nissan frontier v6
snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
if i get a spare engine im gonna talk to a shop about blocking it off.
sweet.keep me updated
Old June 12th, 2012, 10:54 AM   #102 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army_NJ View Post
Jhun you should include upgrading the grounding wire in this.
That's a good idea. Maybe if Snake will help me write a good explanation of it I can get it in here.
Old July 23rd, 2012, 07:00 PM   #103 (permalink)
All go and no show

Had someone ask me the other day which battery they should use for the gs. I wadnt sure so i said optima red top. Any chance we can get something added in here regarding reccomended battery? Im not talking about the manufacturer reccomended one. I mean something that will be able to handle a little more than a stock gs would require
Old July 29th, 2012, 03:11 AM   #104 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Well I will say this, from my personal experience and others who have dyno'd. Without a tune the gt 65mm tb will cause you to lose power. You gain better throttle response, which gives the illusion that you gain power, but you truly lose it. I've noticed it takes longer to get to 130mph then it did before all my mods. Mainly because I need a tune. Now after reflash, it'll be a whole nother ball game. As far as mpg goes, you won't notice a difference as long as you don't always drive like crazy fast.
Yo, so to get the best response and performance from all your new mods, would you HAVE to get a reflash by hackish? Or could you just go to a shop and have them tune everything and get the same result?

So Fresh and So Clean
Old July 29th, 2012, 09:27 AM   #105 (permalink)

Name: Gabriel
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse GS
gser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubansoldier20 View Post
Yo, so to get the best response and performance from all your new mods, would you HAVE to get a reflash by hackish? Or could you just go to a shop and have them tune everything and get the same result?

So Fresh and So Clean
Well... I personally wouldn't take it to a shop. First off, you'd need a piggyback device in order for them to tune it (Aem FIC) and that's a good $500 already... THEN, you'd have to pay the shop for dyno/tune time and that would run you another 5-6 hundred... And at times, they don't do such a great job, although few do great jobs. The purpose of getting the FIC is to do it yourself basically or have BrianJ tune it for you for a fee. Another thing, the FIC tells the ECU what to do.. Which in some cases after a while might not be the best thing (see JoeyB's ride for reference)
Now... On another note. Hackish reflash, it goes like this. You get the Tactrix Cable, and then pay the $500 fee that Hackish asks for. He tunes the ECU directly, therefore there's no piggyback telling the ECU what to do, which technically is way better.. I personally have the reflash by Hackish. He gives you a basic good tune for the modifications that you have.. My personal opinion is this... Have your full bolt on setup and then reflash. You want to get the best results out of eeeeevery single mod you've done. An intake and exhaust won't give you that much more power.
But, yet again... There are options for a reason.. I would personally go with Hackish.. As I'm satisfied with my reflash and I can vouch that it gives you more power all along the rpm line.
Hope this helps!

Operation Black on Black Eclipse.
https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ter-going.html
CAI, Progress Lowering Springs, RRE UDP, Magnaflow Exhaust, GT TB, RRE Header, Debadged.
RIP Matt (Bullet06) Gone but not forgotten.
gser7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #106 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gser7 View Post
Well... I personally wouldn't take it to a shop. First off, you'd need a piggyback device in order for them to tune it (Aem FIC) and that's a good $500 already... THEN, you'd have to pay the shop for dyno/tune time and that would run you another 5-6 hundred... And at times, they don't do such a great job, although few do great jobs. The purpose of getting the FIC is to do it yourself basically or have BrianJ tune it for you for a fee. Another thing, the FIC tells the ECU what to do.. Which in some cases after a while might not be the best thing (see JoeyB's ride for reference)
Now... On another note. Hackish reflash, it goes like this. You get the Tactrix Cable, and then pay the $500 fee that Hackish asks for. He tunes the ECU directly, therefore there's no piggyback telling the ECU what to do, which technically is way better.. I personally have the reflash by Hackish. He gives you a basic good tune for the modifications that you have.. My personal opinion is this... Have your full bolt on setup and then reflash. You want to get the best results out of eeeeevery single mod you've done. An intake and exhaust won't give you that much more power.
But, yet again... There are options for a reason.. I would personally go with Hackish.. As I'm satisfied with my reflash and I can vouch that it gives you more power all along the rpm line.
Hope this helps!
Sweet, ight gser thanks for the insight, that was a great and detailed answer, I completely understand now, so in due time when I'm complete, I will go with hackish's reflash, thanks man.
Now when its time for him to reflash it, how does he do it? Bcuz obviously we live in different states, so does he require that I disconnect the ecu and mail it to him, or what. And also about how long did the whole process take you?
So Fresh and So Clean
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #107 (permalink)

gser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubansoldier20 View Post
Sweet, ight gser thanks for the insight, that was a great and detailed answer, I completely understand now, so in due time when I'm complete, I will go with hackish's reflash, thanks man.
Now when its time for him to reflash it, how does he do it? Bcuz obviously we live in different states, so does he require that I disconnect the ecu and mail it to him, or what. And also about how long did the whole process take you?
So Fresh and So Clean
It's in my response, you need a tactrix cable.. When you purchase the reflash, they send you an email with procedures and program to download. With this cable and the program, you will read your ECU and it will be uploaded to their server. Hackish will then look at the file and tweak it here and there based on the files he already has and the modifications you have. Then, when he's done... He sends you a modified file, you read this file with the cable back to your ECU and boom. Done.
The process itself of flashing takes 30 seconds. Hackish tuning your file and all, can take up to two weeks or so IF he doesn't have a file for your set of modifications. Jhun got his first tune in a few hours. I got mine in a week or so.. It all depends. Taking in account that he works with many other forums also, he has many files to tune, etc.

CAI, Progress Lowering Springs, RRE UDP, Magnaflow Exhaust, GT TB, RRE Header, Debadged.
Old July 29th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #108 (permalink)

PM me if you have any other questions, I'll e glad to help you out.

Old July 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM   #109 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
It's in my response, you need a tactrix cable.. When you purchase the reflash, they send you an email with procedures and program to download. With this cable and the program, you will read your ECU and it will be uploaded to their server. Hackish will then look at the file and tweak it here and there based on the files he already has and the modifications you have. Then, when he's done... He sends you a modified file, you read this file with the cable back to your ECU and boom. Done.
The process itself of flashing takes 30 seconds. Hackish tuning your file and all, can take up to two weeks or so IF he doesn't have a file for your set of modifications. Jhun got his first tune in a few hours. I got mine in a week or so.. It all depends. Taking in account that he works with many other forums also, he has many files to tune, etc.

wow, I had no idea it works like that, thanks, I understand better. I guess when I get to that point then I will pm you if I have more questions, thanks man.

Quote:
PM me if you have any other questions, I'll e glad to help you out.

So Fresh and So Clean
Old July 31st, 2012, 09:30 AM   #110 (permalink)

Name: Charles
Vehicle: 2008 spider gs
groundpounder will become famous soon enough
man kickass guide nice work
groundpounder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 31st, 2012, 11:18 AM   #111 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

KUDOOOOS!!!

So Fresh and So Clean
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:10 AM   #112 (permalink)

Name: Foster
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse GS
Phawstar is on a distinguished road
hey this thread is perfect. 2 questions. first off is the 4G69 motor the same one used right through the 4th gen cycle? im assuming yes. if so then my ride has a busy winter in the shop. secondly the aem fic how bad can that be on a engine with stock internals? im assuming the airway needs to be opened up if that controller is installed. great thread dude, great thread.

Last edited by Phawstar; August 7th, 2012 at 09:14 AM.
Phawstar is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:12 AM   #113 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawstar View Post
hey this thread is perfect. 2 questions. first off is the 4G69
Huh? You have to finish your question lol

So Fresh and So Clean
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #114 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Hey man the 4g69 is the engine all 4g Gs's have. It's shared with multiple Mitsu platforms. The fic just allows you to tune your car. Your car can be completely stock and the fic with a good tune will boost you 20-30hp. Same for the ecu reflash. So no upgrades are needed. It.just allows you to get the best possible out of your car before and after a new mod is added.

Sent from your moms house using tapatalk
Old August 7th, 2012, 01:28 PM   #115 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Hey man the 4g69 is the engine all 4g Gs's have. It's shared with multiple Mitsu platforms. The fic just allows you to tune your car. Your car can be completely stock and the fic with a good tune will boost you 20-30hp. Same for the ecu reflash. So no upgrades are needed. It.just allows you to get the best possible out of your car before and after a new mod is added.

Sent from your moms house using tapatalk
There you go phawstar

So Fresh and So Clean
Old August 7th, 2012, 09:58 PM   #116 (permalink)

Name: Foster
Vehicle: 2012 Eclipse GS
Phawstar is on a distinguished road
sweet thanks for the info jhun35! and thank you for contributing cuban soldier lol. I'll remember to finish the questions first!
Old August 7th, 2012, 10:32 PM   #117 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawstar View Post
sweet thanks for the info jhun35! and thank you for contributing cuban soldier lol. I'll remember to finish the questions first!
Lol, ight brother

So Fresh and So Clean
Old November 27th, 2012, 07:56 PM   #118 (permalink)

Name: Gavin
Vehicle: 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse
MXrider29 is on a distinguished road
How safe is the TB bypass?
MXrider29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 27th, 2012, 08:09 PM   #119 (permalink)

Name: Andrew
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
ashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to all
As far as I can tell, empirically, there are only two things that can go wrong with it.

1. The bypass leaks and your engine overheats, worst case you buy a new engine (stop worrying and keep reading!).
2. The throttle position electric motor overheats from a lack of coolant and you have to replace the throttle body.

I don't think either case has been reported...ever...at least not on here. If you don't do something right, you can ruin your engine, this is true of something as simple as an oil change, replacing sparks plugs, etc...

Mine leaked initially but it was immediately obvious and it was because I had the wrong size coupler. You need a 3/8" I.D. coupler, OR you route one piece of hose from block to block and don't use a coupler. I didn't feel like my hose was long enough to do that and I wasn't going to let it crimp.
Old November 28th, 2012, 07:34 PM   #120 (permalink)

Name: Gavin
Vehicle: 2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse
MXrider29 is on a distinguished road
Alright thanks, i'm probably getting an Injen CAI, and the GT TB, and was gonna bypass it if it wasn't to dangerous to the car.
MXrider29 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4cyl, aem, body, brake, cai, carbon, cars, custom, eclipse, exhaust, exhaust system, fuel, gas, good, headers, hood, intake, kit, modding, parts, question, rre underdrive pulley, short ram intake, tune, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in