My new Outlaw Intake Spacers - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > 4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific

4G Eclipse GT/SE Specific 3.8L V6 (6G75) Specific Forum

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Name: Dane
Vehicle: '07 GT, Ultra Red
Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
My new Outlaw Intake Spacers

Ok, I finally got my spacers and I finally found my spark plugs........everything went in nice and smooth, however I'm getting an EGR code.....is this normal? its code 04030 I think.....I'm gonna check it again tomorrow, I reset it once and it came back......odd tho....I can drive around after resetting and it doesn't come on until I turn the car off then restart it.....and its on when I start the car......

i'll get some pics of the install up......in a few

Advertisement

Old November 11th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
Ok, here we go....

took it all apart first

now there has been a few that put these in that said the back brackets cant be hooked up.....but sean at outlaw told me how to get around this....I cut the top of the bracket off....the bolt now sits at the very top of the bracket but it is bolted and not just flopping around

here are some pics of the gasket installed

the engine cover stands up a little now......you can't see it from in front of the car but on the sides and thru the windshield you can def tell a difference

and the spark plugs I pulled out....not too shabby lookin'.....I put in one step colder plugs......

lemme know what ya think........the EGR connector sprang off the manifold when I took it off and it went right back on no problems, so I don't know why it would be throwing a code......
Old November 11th, 2008, 11:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Aviator

Name: Jonathan
Vehicle: Sexy?
Jonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond reputeJonrod has a reputation beyond repute
noticable gains?

Win. You've had a long hiatus from the site your rants are legendary.
Quote:
Originally Posted by randman View Post
Glad your back this site plummets with almost every noob sign up. Bomb away
Jonrod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old November 11th, 2008, 11:46 PM   #4 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

The butt dyno was off the charts......it was a holy shit gain.....I don't know if that is from the colder spark plugs or the spacer......but wow, it was a huge difference....I haven't taken it real hard yet its raining here.......but the low end was incredible......
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 3 GTs | 2 Evos | 1 FTO
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Awesome, Danester!

That does make me wonder too... is there a noticeable difference in the heat of the manifold to physical touch? Coz that's the one thing I can think of that should make a difference.

erep for great photos!

Oh... and you could have sprayed some carb cleaner all around in there too while you were at it
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:06 AM   #6 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

lol....I actually looked around the garage....and found no cleaning solutions.....i could have sworn I had a can of brake cleen....my wife used it on a spot on the porch apparently...

and yes when I was out, I stopped at autozone to get the code checked and i could lean on the manifold and leave my hand there at operating temperature......big diff....
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Nice!

So the code was indeed an EGR? P0403? Out of curiosity, but did you remember to put the EGR pipe flange gasket back on. Or it could possibly also be dirt that got lodged into the tube itself? I dunno... just stabs in the dark.

I'm not sure if our ECU differentiates between 0403 and other EGR-related codes, but there are ways to test whether or not the solenoid is at fault. In this case, the cause of failure seems unlikely to be the part itself.
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

the guy at autozone said that the metal gasket if stressed right can warp an cover the hole somehow.....I don't know....I'll pull it off tomorrow and check it.....the gasket went back on....perhaps its just leaking.....or maybe me tweaking on the egr pipe, I messed up something.....

and ya it was p0403 code.....

Last edited by Danester; November 12th, 2008 at 12:42 AM.
Danester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:11 AM   #9 (permalink)
What Drives You?

I honestly don't know what to tell ya man Sorry.

For all that I yap about that's about this engine, I haven't really done any modifications to it myself, so all I know is in reference to the 6G72. All I have are suppositions.

See, there's another EGR code for "differential EGR" that has something to do with tolerances... like, say, if you can imagine "load" on, or "vacuum" against the EGR solenoid having an acceptable range, then a change in MDP (colder, right?) could be the cause of such a code. Or perhaps it's just simply the extra length it takes (load) to push air into the manifold (though doubtful). Like I said, I'm not sure if Mitsu collapses all these other EGR-related codes into just one all-encompassing P0403.

Someone like Manybrews could have probably answered this question with more credibility than I.

Try pm-ing him
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

OK, I fingered it out this morning....I put a light under the back of the manifold and found a plug staring at me........I'll bet my ses light goes away if I plug that lil dealy back in.......Won't be able to test drive it for a few...its raining hard here and I'm cutting the base for my speaker box.........I found 2 shops in town that have dynojet dyno's so i'm gonna see how much and see if I can get a run in........
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:37 PM   #11 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Nice, Dane....

Heeere's yer sign...
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
This is MY time

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT-SE
ReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danester View Post
OK, I fingered it out this morning....I put a light under the back of the manifold and found a plug staring at me........I'll bet my ses light goes away if I plug that lil dealy back in.......Won't be able to test drive it for a few...its raining hard here and I'm cutting the base for my speaker box.........I found 2 shops in town that have dynojet dyno's so i'm gonna see how much and see if I can get a run in........
"FINGERED" it out, huh?...

Fujita CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust,
18x9.75 Chromium Black XXR 530s w/ Potenzas,
Eibach Pro Kit Springs, 20% tint, Vision-style Eyelids,
Custom-Painted front bumper, 6000K HIDs...
ReggaeRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 12:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

that was the word I chose due to the lack of room for a hand to get in there.......
Old November 12th, 2008, 01:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
What Drives You?

He's a giver
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:02 PM   #15 (permalink)
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..

jb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond repute
nice writeup sir
jb4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: jaun gorden
Vehicle: 08 ECLIPSE GT
cleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to all
so there were really noticable gains huh and what kind of plugs did u get.
cleangt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Very noticeable gains.....the plugs are in the first picture.......NGK Iridium IX's....one step colder from stock......
I discussed it with some other gearheads, and the concensus was the same......On our cars we run rather rich, so to take advantage of all this extra fuel a one step colder plug would give a more complete burn, and increase fuel mileage and HP at the same time........

Last edited by Danester; November 12th, 2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #18 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Mmmm... great info on penorlick gaskets = massive eReption for you, sir!
Old November 12th, 2008, 05:26 PM   #19 (permalink)
The O.G.

WOW Connect Champion! Monster Memory Champion! Excite Bike Champion! Exofusion 2 Champion! 12 Swap Champion! Battle Garden - Highscore Champion!
Vehicle: 2006 eclipse GT-TT
horse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond reputehorse-eater has a reputation beyond repute
Did the gaskets come with replacement 'longer' bolts?

Outlaw never replied back to me.

Panty dropping ability courtesy Portland Speed Industries, Road///RaceEngineering, Delta Cams, Custom Import Heads, Comp Turbo
horse-eater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:19 PM   #20 (permalink)
Lathe Master

Vehicle: 05 Lancer Evolution
Ricoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant futureRicoswave has a brilliant future
I have a thought...........

I'm thinking this spacer will free up just enough space underneath the intake manifold for a super stealth direct port nitrous setup. How sick would it be if you could tap all 6 intake runners from the bottom, and hide all of your plumbing? Mmmmmmmm, the possibilities. Direct port hits so fucking hard!
Progress Lowering Springs, Fujita CAI, Full 2.5" Stainless Exhaust, Aero Turbine 2540I Muffler, Ripp Long Tube Headers (SES Free), Dynomax High Flow Cat, Thrush Stainless Resonator, Ripp Poly Motor Mounts, Glowshift Gauge Pod and Gauges, GTech SS, Custom Glass Radiator Hose, TWM GS Short Shifter w/ custom reverse lockout, TB Bypass, Red Neon Decklid
Ricoswave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #21 (permalink)
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠

Name: Justin
Vehicle: 95 Eclipse GSX
Justin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond repute
Could you make this a how-to for the garage? We dont have one for this yet.

My Hustle never stop like a car with bad brakes.
'95 GSX/6 Bolt Swapped/HX35/Custom SMIM/FP Intake/2.5" Short Route IC Piping/Greddy Type S BOV/Big FMIC/750cc FIC's/Chipped EPROM ECU/DsmLink V3/AEM UEGO/AEM TruBoost/B&M STS/Punishment Racing radiator w/2x slimfans/BBS RX 17" Powdercoated GunMetal
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 08:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Dane did you have to Gap at all or where they correct out of the box

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 12th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #23 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

wow...thx guys......

the Kit comes with bolts that are 1/2" longer for everything you need.........and the iridiums were all pregapped I didn't have to change a thing......

as far as a how to, I used the spark plug thread for tips and hints of how to actually remove the thing, it was fun getting the gaskets to all line up in a row and get those long bolts through it, the instructions that come with it are actually pretty good even tho they are for a diff engine......the only thing I had to look up myself was the torque specs and then convert them for my wrench

Spark Plugs = 216 in-lbs

Intake Plenum bolts = 192 in-lbs

Throttle Body bolts = 192 in-lbs

EGR Connection = 168 in-lbs
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:32 PM   #24 (permalink)
What Drives You?

So did you get the code to clear, man?
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

ya, its all cleared up ..... still cant take her out and see what she's got....its been raining for 3 days now.......at least its not snowing, but i'm going downtown tomorrow, maybe i'll be able to get the butt dyno goin on and see what she's got
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:56 PM   #26 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Awesome!
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠

Justin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond reputeJustin has a reputation beyond repute
Excuse my newb but what is a "butt" dyno

'95 GSX/6 Bolt Swapped/HX35/Custom SMIM/FP Intake/2.5" Short Route IC Piping/Greddy Type S BOV/Big FMIC/750cc FIC's/Chipped EPROM ECU/DsmLink V3/AEM UEGO/AEM TruBoost/B&M STS/Punishment Racing radiator w/2x slimfans/BBS RX 17" Powdercoated GunMetal
Old November 12th, 2008, 10:59 PM   #28 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

that's how the horsepower/torque feels in your ass through the seat......
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:01 PM   #29 (permalink)
♥♣J-Hu$tle♣♠

Haha oh thanks for the vocab lesson.

Old November 12th, 2008, 11:06 PM   #30 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Urban Dictionary: butt-dyno
Old November 12th, 2008, 11:17 PM   #31 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Butt Dyno [ARSE411] - $399.95 : KaleCoAuto, Hard to find automotive items!

Old November 13th, 2008, 12:15 AM   #32 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

^^did you read the reviews for that.....lol.....stickers........

Quote:
This thing is junk, I added a electric supercharger (that kinda looked like a computer fan) and it said I only added 8hp. My car now pulls like crazy. I blew the doors off a dsm, and a mustang in my accord in the same night. Although they where in the turning lane.....
Quote:
Guys come on when does the 4wd version get released? I have to put my skyline on bricks to use this... First i take the rear tires off the car and put the axels on bricks and run the front wheels , Then i do the same process with the back wheels.
Quote:
I'm returning this piece of junk...I bought it to accurately gauge how much horsepower I gained from the 2" lift and 32" tires I put on my Wrangler, but it doesn't work. I installed it on my seat, just like the instructions said, but in all my excitement while flooring it, I farted (a little squirty, I admit) and the thing shorted out and gave me a nasty little shock on my posterior. WTF? A little butt gravy and the thing goes FUBAR? There should be some kind of warning on it! I want my money back!
every time you click the link up there it puts in a new review like these

Last edited by Danester; November 13th, 2008 at 12:20 AM.
Old December 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM   #33 (permalink)
"Uncle" Clayton

Tournaments Won: 1

Name: Clayton
Vehicle: 2007 GT
Chaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant futureChaos has a brilliant future
any update on that SES lighht man? and hows the ole' but dyno registering these changes?
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2008, 05:13 PM   #34 (permalink)

Dyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of light
sorry dane but i got to ask...i saw the picture of the spacer, i see where it goes and all that but whats the function. how does it add power and such does it just keep the top away fromm the heat so your running colder? a better explanation would be better. o
Dyas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM   #35 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

that's ok dyas, it has been explained in a few threads but I'll give it a go anyways

The thermal spacer is placed between the lower intake manifold and the intake plenum. What it does is it separates the plenum from heat transfer from the block and the throttle body, as the air flows into the plenum it is heated by the plenum itself, so by separating the 2 you get colder air to your manifold, therefore you get an increase in power/torque, not to mention gas mileage.

I'm sure there are better explanations out there but that's the gist of it.........Oh, and the butt dyno is definitely feelin some serious gains......I'm not sure how many of you GT auto's can chirp 3rd on a warm dry day, but I've never done it until this was done..........that is any of you without headers like me......
Old December 7th, 2008, 07:47 PM   #36 (permalink)

Name: jaun gorden
Vehicle: 08 ECLIPSE GT
cleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to allcleangt1 is a name known to all
wow nice gains chriping 3rd in a auto wow ha awsme geuss my new mod will be these spacers how much was everthing thanks.
cleangt1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:41 PM   #37 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

65 bucks for the plugs
114 for the spacer
both shipped prices, self installed
Old December 7th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Hit the nail right on the head, Dane
Old December 8th, 2008, 01:03 AM   #39 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippercream View Post
Awesome, Danester!

That does make me wonder too... is there a noticeable difference in the heat of the manifold to physical touch? Coz that's the one thing I can think of that should make a difference.

erep for great photos!

Oh... and you could have sprayed some carb cleaner all around in there too while you were at it
Thats one of the main reasons i got mine was the heat that was coming outta of the engine once these spacers and ran the car i could touch the manifold and it was was still cool. Def worth it and the gains are there alot more pep in the car's step.
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 8th, 2008, 07:57 AM   #40 (permalink)

Dyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of lightDyas is a glorious beacon of light
so i checked out outlaw engineering's site didnt find our vehicle...
Dyas is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
art, back, car, code, drive, install, intake, pics, plugs, spacer, spark

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in