Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

Mishimoto trany. cooler w/elec fan install

12K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  Wexx 
#1 · (Edited)
----Mishimoto Heavy Duty Transmission Cooler w/ Electric ----
Auto city imports price-$125 Mishimotos price-$166

Mishimoto Heavy Duty Transmission Cooler is an important upgrade to your high-performance vehicle. By adding a Mishimoto Transmission Cooler you will reduce your transmission's operating temperature for better overall performance. This specific transmission cooler also comes with an eight-inch electric fan, which helps ensure transmission temperatures remain low and to keep your vehicle performing at its best.

•Mishimoto Heavy Duty Transmission Cooler
•Includes Transmission Cooler, 8" Fan, and all mounting hardware
•Limited Lifetime Warranty
•Dimensions: 15.5" x 12.8" x 2.36"
•Inlet: .34"
•Outlet: .34"
•Rows: 2

Here is How it installs:
1-Remove front Bumper to access front end.
2-remove oe parts
3-install brackets and cooler/fan
4-Wire it up and put it back together.

I had it wired up (i hate running wires)they added that capaciter thingy by the battery

See less See more
#3 ·
Ill add a video asap the sound wasnt showing up? But its Kinda cool because it stays on for 10-15 sec after car shuts off to continue cooling tranny(sounds cool)-as far as driving it stays on I think the entire time?As far as performance I was expecting any change but it definatley showed improvement -Faster and smoother shifting!

#5 ·
That thing is pretty big, it looks like it's twice the size of the stock one. It looks like a pretty easy install after you get the bumper off. Nice write up

#10 ·
i have a b&m cooler that i bought for another car... thinking about putting it on tomorrow.
is there any kind of factory cooler already in there?

#14 ·
stock 09 gs the cooler is only a small drum behind the radiator that coolant flows through for cooling. it doesnt do shit. i highly recommend any auto with that cooler to get a front mounted air cooled style

i also use the non-fan cooler makes big difference.

#34 ·
oem one. and plus it should look original to the car, maybe its cuz i went to school for automotives but i can also tell if its original or not by looking at it.

#38 ·
Updated install

Hey all, I saw this DIY and I plan on doing it as well, but with some more control over the fan. What I think I will do is tap the 12v line for the 12v aux power in the dash for my relay control power. I want to get an illuminated switch and use it to "arm" the relay for the fan. So this is how it would go:
12v source to switch (contact and light)->to contact hot on relay->from contact ground to -> to thermostat hot in->from thermostat ground out to a ground. So when you start the car and arm the switch you will have 12v sitting at the hot side of the thermostat waiting for it to reach 185f fluid temp. When the thermostat gives the ground the relay will close and give direct 12v from the battery though the relay to the fan. The thermostat then breaks the ground at 165f. Having a switch gives you much more control over the fan and also shows through the light that the fan should be running. I'll post pics once I get this mod done this winter.

Thermostat:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000A8MWL2/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

:ndance:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.