How To : Steering Wheel Control for chinese headunit w/ built-in SWC wire/support! - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 7th, 2017, 02:44 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Imran
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse SE
imranh101 is on a distinguished road
How To : Steering Wheel Control for chinese headunit w/ built-in SWC wire/support!

Hey guys! Took me a little time to figure this out. I am using a radio similar to this one;

https://www.amazon.com/Developed-102...eywords=joying

With the MITO 01 adapter for my factory RF sound system.

These chinise headunits usually come with two wires "Key 1" and "Key 2" that if hooked up correctly will let you use factory steering wheel controls without need for any other adapters. The documentation on how to hook up these controls however are scarce if existant at all. So it took me about an hour of googling followed by about 30 minutes in the car to get it working. It's quite simple though!

You need the 22 pin plug that goes in to the MITO's wire harness. Linked is an image below to help you figure it out. Only one of the factory wire plugs has 22 pins so you can't get the wrong one.

You should be looking at the factory plug, the male end that goes INTO the female end of the harness. You should see that pin 11 and 22 are there in the factory harness, but are not used in the MITO harness. The way I went around this was to strip off a little bit of wire behind the harness on the two wires needed, followed by getting a good centimeter of wire exposed on the "Key 1" wire, and then wrapping it around the expose pin 11 wire, and then taping it off. Then, do the same thing to pin 22, but wire this one to the vehicle's ground. I just used a screw from the factory radio's install (The 4 screws around the factory radio) and then put it through the bottom left screwhole where you can clearly see the metal bracket behind it, and sandwiched the pin 22 ground wire between the plastic and the metal.

Works great!

Any questions feel free to ask but I hope that I have explained in enough detail that you can figure it out
imranh101 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old November 12th, 2017, 04:58 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Richard
Vehicle: 2006 GT 6MT
Pinturicchio will become famous soon enough
Big thanks to you man! I was planing on giving up the controls but this works!
Pinturicchio is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 1st, 2020, 08:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Kent
kencam is on a distinguished road
Thanks for this information.
kencam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
amazon, blue, bluetooth, bracket, detail, factory, good, harness, headunit, how to, install, metal, mito, navigation, plugs, questions, qui, radio, rip, screw, sound, steering wheel, system, wheel, wire

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in