how Do I connect the stock amp to A/M head unit - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 25th, 2020, 08:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

navyvet06 is on a distinguished road
how Do I connect the stock amp to A/M head unit

How do I connect stock RF amp to A/M head unit.. it has a remote wire and for amp and rca’s ?? Help please
navyvet06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 25th, 2020, 08:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Name: Garrett
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS Spyder
iBlackSunday is on a distinguished road
So I've been working on this for the past week or so, and I found out that with just a basic wiring harness, you only get the 2 tweeters on the dash by the windshield as well as the '2-way' speakers in the back (I have a convertible, so the ones along the sides of the backseat. It looks like you have a convertible also). The only way I've figured out how to use the RF stock amp is by using a Mito-01 wiring harness. It allows for the use of the amp and makes all the speakers work like with the stock radio, except for the steering wheel controls, which you need the ASWC-1 wiring adaptor or the iDataLink Maestro. The Mito-1 actually makes the LCD Screen on the dash say "My Mitsubishi" instead of the "E Com" error. I've opted OUT of using the wiring harness to adapt the stock RF Amp because of price as well as it really only being used to fix the 'bass' issue. Since I'm installing two 12" subwoofers in the backseat, I won't have to worry much about bass. Fun times with a convertible.

Maintenance: Timing belt-118k | Auto Trans Fluid-131k | Spark Plugs+Grommets+Valve Cover Gasket-125k | Passenger CV Axle-144k | Mag Oil Plug-153k | Tires-159k | Soft Top-160k

Future Work: ???

Last Oil Change-159,030 (7/5/2020)
Valvoline 5w20 Full Synthetic + STP S2808XL
iBlackSunday is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 28th, 2020, 03:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

So I did everything by the book e com went away and came back with Mito-1 sub not working wtf is the problem gain not working on mito box And there are no rcas for sub? Now I need a ebreak bypass I think I missed something I’m pissed ! Gonna check it out more tomorrow !!!!

Old January 28th, 2020, 09:54 AM   #4 (permalink)
Super Moderator

I've read around that you need to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and when you plug it back in, it fixes itself. This is why I decided to go with the cheap $10 harness and just upgrade my speakers. Not really worth the $130 wiring, I'll just wire everything myself.

It could also be your wiring. User error happens a lot when it comes to electrical. Not saying yours IS wrong, just saying to double check the connections and make sure nothing is separated. The MITO-1 has known to have issues and is pretty finicky.

This thread might be of some help to you.

Maintenance: Timing belt-118k | Auto Trans Fluid-131k | Spark Plugs+Grommets+Valve Cover Gasket-125k | Passenger CV Axle-144k | Mag Oil Plug-153k | Tires-159k | Soft Top-160k

Last edited by iBlackSunday; January 28th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.
Old January 30th, 2020, 01:10 AM   #5 (permalink)

Paid for it to be done right!! Works great!
Old January 30th, 2020, 05:12 AM   #6 (permalink)
Super Moderator

Great to hear. Any other questions let us know! I just got my two 12" Alpines bumping and they sound great. Just gotta get all my wiring organized since I was in such a hurry. Should be done by the end of the week.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in