I have a question Factory stereo does not match most, can I still install an AUX? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2020, 01:02 AM   #1 (permalink)

chrayonz is on a distinguished road
Question Factory stereo does not match most, can I still install an AUX?

Hey guys, first post so I hope I'm in the right spot.

All videos and posts I've seen show the black/red/white aux pins installed in a 22 pin connector. However, my connector is a 10 pin. And instead of holding down the CD button to select aux, I must hold down Channel 1 and press the power button.

Attached below is the diagram of my stereo. Putting in an aux doesn't seem promising. It seems my stereo's 10 pin connector is labeled as a Remote Control connector, I'm not quite sure what that means. Should the pins correspond to the different speakers in order to be "aux elligible"? None of the pins correspond to any speaker.

And here is Mitsubishi's instruction on installing the aux. My stereo looks exactly like the one they list for Eclipse Spyder, but has a 10 pin instead of a 22 pin.
http://mmc-manuals.ru/manuals/common/acc/MZ360135EX.pdf

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

EDIT: Accidentally listed Mitsubishi's guide twice.

Last edited by chrayonz; March 12th, 2020 at 01:12 PM.
chrayonz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 21st, 2020, 04:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

Snowblight is on a distinguished road
Try a 13 pin DIN adapter

After some research, I think you'd have to find a 13 pin DIN to RCA or 3.5mm adapter. I'm having the same issue and I have a 13 DIN-RCA coming in on Tuesday for my 08 GT that has the 10-pin factory radio, which I'll then adapt to 3.5mm.

In the diagram below for the 22-pin connector you've seen in all the videos, you can see pins number 2, 3 and 13 designated for Auxiliary connections, but your 10-pin lacks those connections, so the three-pin adapter won't work, unfortunately. I'll try to update you when the 13p DIN adapter comes in if it works, but if you don't want to wait a week, feel free to try it yourself and plug it in to the DIN socket in the back of your radio.

The adapter I'll be trying is the "Xscorpion KENWOOD 13 PIN DIN-RCA ADAPTER" from amazon. I can't post links as a member yet, so hope this all helps.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pinout_1175616808_5u67-pinout.jpg (88.0 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by Snowblight; March 21st, 2020 at 04:38 PM.
Snowblight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2020, 06:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

Snowblight is on a distinguished road
Quick Update

The Kenwood adapter didn't work. By any extent of the imagination one could find a DIN adapter that would work if it were compatible with this particular radio, but -short of wiring a DIN plug myself- I can't find one I can say with confidence that would work.

Sorry I couldn't help you, I'll likely just install an after market radio, myself. Hope you found/find a solution on your end.
Snowblight is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 25th, 2020, 07:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Aftermarket radio all the way if you have a non RF stock radio
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 26th, 2020, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowblight View Post
The Kenwood adapter didn't work. By any extent of the imagination one could find a DIN adapter that would work if it were compatible with this particular radio, but -short of wiring a DIN plug myself- I can't find one I can say with confidence that would work.

Sorry I couldn't help you, I'll likely just install an after market radio, myself. Hope you found/find a solution on your end.
Thanks and no worries, I finally got off my lazy butt to try it myself after reading your post this morning and yeah, it doesn't work. I even tried to stick a blank CD in there to see if I could trick it somehow. Makes me wonder why we are able to get AUX to pop up.. What a tease haha.

On a different note, have you gotten your aftermarket radio yet? If so, were you able to keep your stock head unit? I am quite attached to this old style unit for some reason so I'm hesitant to upgrade my stereo.
Old March 26th, 2020, 05:59 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
Ah so it's the RF stock radio that has the 22 pin connector? I read a bit about problems with RF vs non RF radios.. Rockford or something right? But yeah I will likely just install an aftermarket radio anyhow.
Old March 26th, 2020, 06:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrayonz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
Ah so it's the RF stock radio that has the 22 pin connector? I read a bit about problems with RF vs non RF radios.. Rockford or something right? But yeah I will likely just install an aftermarket radio anyhow.
RF is Rockford Fosgate

The stock upgraded cars with Rockford Fosgate have a stock amplifier, rear mini subwoofer, and different head unit with 6 CD changer

This all causes issues when someone with the stock RF system decides to go aftermarket because the stock amp is driving the front door speakers and the subwoofer, while the tweeters and rear speakers get standard output from the head unit, the stock amp must be integrated with a glitchy and expensive MITO harness or the stock amp must be gutted and the aftermarket head unit wired up normally and the door speakers and subwoofer need rewired

Without the stock Rockford Fosgate system, you just have the stock headunit driving all of the speakers normally and no stock amp, everything’s a lot simpler and you can use the cheaper and more reliable basic Metra wiring harness

Having the non RF is better for going aftermarket later basically

Stock RF is good if you keep it all stock

It’s similar to the old Mach systems in the Mustang’s they had multiple amps and the speakers were all weird impedences of Ohms and the amps would fail and replacements couldn’t be found and you end up having to gut all the stock amps, speakers, and wiring and wiring up just an aftermarket head unit with basic wiring like power and such and then running RCA’s to new amps wired to new speakers or just wiring speaker wires from new speakers directly to the head unit speaker wires from its built in amp

Last edited by pcfreak4; March 26th, 2020 at 06:06 PM.
Old March 26th, 2020, 07:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
Basically Stock

You could also do what I did to my TT. Just pick up an amp, and hard wire all the stock wires in to that after tracing out what every wire to and from the amp is (I went with a head unit with RCA though, and my amp has RCA inputs)

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2020, 06:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
You could also do what I did to my TT. Just pick up an amp, and hard wire all the stock wires in to that after tracing out what every wire to and from the amp is (I went with a head unit with RCA though, and my amp has RCA inputs)
You mean with high level inputs to the amp? I also did that for a while on the stock head unit and went the proper route in the end
Old March 27th, 2020, 08:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Take the stereo outputs, cut the wires, run them into an amp. Take the amp outputs, cut the wires, run them from the new amp

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2020, 01:32 PM   #11 (permalink)

Gotcha
Would work but definitely not the best way since those wires from the stereo are low level speaker wire not rca, and the high level speaker input wouldn’t work

Would work but would possibly induce noise

Tags
aux, black, button, connector, eclipse, factory, install, list, mitsubishi, pins, posts, power, qui, red, remote, show, speakers, spyder, stalling, stereo, white

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in