Review Big Three Grounding Kit - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 24th, 2020, 06:20 AM   #1 (permalink)

Shizahoffa is on a distinguished road
Probably talked about before but I have to say this is truly the most under rated modification! Not only did my car idle better, the start is as if the car is brand new and the engine sounds healthier with better grounding done to it. It’s incredible.

My sound system consists of two solo baric L7 15 inch kickers powered by a 2000 watt RMS Amp. Then I have two 6x9 JL Audio component speakers and two 6 1/2 JL audio component speakers powered by a 4 channel 1000 watt rms amp. Also have 2 tweeters and an extra battery acting as a capacitor since I was drawing a lot of power.

Before the big three ground kit, I was only able to play my music at 80% for a few minutes while driving at a decent speed before the subs would cut in and out from lack of power. My lights would flicker when I had the car just idling, and my subs would cut out after 30 seconds full blast at idle. When in accessory power... forget about it. My subs would cut out at barely 40% of what it could do after just a few seconds and lights would flicker like crazy. After the grounding kit, ENTIRELY different story.

The kit came with 3 ZERO gauge wire (2 ground and 1 power), two terminals to the battery, and a couple extra small terminals for the wires if needed, some crimps and he even threw in some heat shrink. Definitely don’t forget the heat shrink.

The outcome, PERFECTION. In accessory power, I was at a car meet tonight and had my radio full blast (40/40), subs all the way up with the bass controller all the way, bumping some EDM for 15 minutes straight NO ISSUES! Sound never cut out, the music was crystal clear and has never sounded so good. Set off 3 alarms when the bass first dropped.

We got a sponsor and got the $100 store priced kit for $60 but they said they will give us more for $100 per and even less if we buy in bulk. The owner of the sound shop got mad that his son gave us two of these for so cheap since they didn’t make much money on the sale. Saw the same kit online listed at $98 on eBay but reduced to $50 before tax and shipping on a sale. Regardless, best $60 I ever spent on my car. The zero gauge wire is great, looks badass, very easy to install and blew my expectations out of the water. I was thinking I needed a high amp alternator but all I needed was this kit.

Power went from alternator to positive. One ground wire went from chassis to engine, and one ground Wire went from chassis to negative terminal. I took some pictures but might not be the best visual.

Again, best thing I could have done for my sound system and I wish I did it sooner! If anyone needs help or wants more specific pictures let me know and I’ll be glad to help! I tried to highlight the outside of the wires so you can have an idea of the route but quality sucks haha.

Last edited by Shizahoffa; July 24th, 2020 at 06:35 AM.
Shizahoffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 25th, 2020, 08:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Some high flex 0 gauge and connectors could match that for about $40. But yeah, good connections matter. Over time wires wear out too from heat, especially when you're pulling that much current.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in