Stock Headlight alignment with HID's - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Audio & Lighting

Audio & Lighting Head units, subs, amps, caps, neon lighting, LEDs, and anything else that uses a DC power source not tuning related goes here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old December 10th, 2007, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
itsmatttt

Tournaments Won: 4

Stock Headlight alignment with HID's

Hey guys I just installed my HID's but they def. need some alignment. My car didnt come with the manual and Ive searched this site and the other. Its dark out now, but if anyone can tell me how to do it real quick thad be helpful.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old December 10th, 2007, 05:21 PM   #2 (permalink)

GT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to behold
matt do u know where the alignment screws are?
GT Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2007, 05:30 PM   #3 (permalink)

Leeclipse has a spectacular aura about
There are two phillips head allignment screws behind each light. They are hard to see but you access them through the holes in the frame behind the light.

One is angled to the side and one is straight down. The angled one adjust your up and down and the screw thats straight down adjusts side to side.

One of the screw will have a plastic cover that you have to take off some how to access the phillips head screw under it. I had to rip mine out but.

Sit your car about 10' in front of a wall. Put your stock light back in and use masking tape to mark the top and center of each light beam. Now put your HID's back in and line them up to the same tape marks.

It will really help if you have eyelids on your lights to help with the upper cutoff. This is what mine looked like after I alligned with lids.

Before

After
Leeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old December 10th, 2007, 05:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
itsmatttt

alright thanks guys yeah ill probably just look at it tomorrow cause I feel like theyre aiming straight up and blinding everyone..
Old December 10th, 2007, 05:56 PM   #5 (permalink)

GT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to beholdGT Joe is a splendid one to behold
u need to align them at night so u know where they are aiming. pull your car approx 50-100ft from a wall and aim them accordingly so u will be able to see a far distance but not over anothers hood
GT Joe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2007, 05:58 PM   #6 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 3 GTs | 2 Evos | 1 FTO
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
The cutoff issues are easily resolved by taking the projos apart and chopping off that excess metal off the cutoff plate. Else JB-welding a piece of flashing over it to create a line. I'd prefer the former, just because it's better to have more beam than less.

Oh well...
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2007, 06:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
itsmatttt

so I just took a quick look and im lost couldnt really find anything, in relation to where the bulb plugs into the back of the headlight where am I looking?
Old December 10th, 2007, 07:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
"Yayo"

Vehicle: 2003 Eclipse GTS
Kilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond reputeKilzod has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeclipse View Post
There are two phillips head allignment screws behind each light. They are hard to see but you access them through the holes in the frame behind the light.

One is angled to the side and one is straight down. The angled one adjust your up and down and the screw thats straight down adjusts side to side.

One of the screw will have a plastic cover that you have to take off some how to access the phillips head screw under it. I had to rip mine out but.
Kilzod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 10th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #9 (permalink)

Leeclipse has a spectacular aura about
If you stand in front of your car facing the lights and stand directly over the lights you will see a round hole in the frame right behind the edge of the light housing. Through that hole you access both screws. You will need to take a flashlight and light up the area right behind the frame. If you were looking at the whole light as it's positioned on the car, the adjustment screws would be between the edge of the lens cover and the bulb connector where you put in the bulb.

I think a bright light would clear things up dramatically.
Leeclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:00 PM   #10 (permalink)
fraser valley eclipse

Vehicle: 07 Spyder GT-P 6speed
spydereclipse will become famous soon enough
i think he means these things
Frost White Pearl Current modifications: ralco gs short shifter, psy-q design aluminum shift lockout, K+N short ram intake, resonator delete, flowmaster 40 muffler, megan racing coilovers, AUX cable, sony 1200 amp, 2-12" sony explod subs, Enkei J-Speed 18x8.5'' 35 offset front 18x9'' rear 42 offset, yokohama advan neova ad08 225/40/18 front 255/35/18 rear

Last edited by spydereclipse; June 9th, 2009 at 08:04 PM.
spydereclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired User

jackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to beholdjackvuu is a splendid one to behold
2 year old thread re opened haha
jackvuu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2009, 08:10 PM   #12 (permalink)
Go Slow or Go Home

Base Jumping Champion! Seator Champion! Wuzzler Champion!
Tournaments Won: 10

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 1980 Camaro Z28
rbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond repute
love it!
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:56 PM   #13 (permalink)
fraser valley eclipse

Vehicle: 07 Spyder GT-P 6speed
spydereclipse will become famous soon enough
ya ya ya, but i was looking for this and i had the answer. gawd!
Frost White Pearl Current modifications: ralco gs short shifter, psy-q design aluminum shift lockout, K+N short ram intake, resonator delete, flowmaster 40 muffler, megan racing coilovers, AUX cable, sony 1200 amp, 2-12" sony explod subs, Enkei J-Speed 18x8.5'' 35 offset front 18x9'' rear 42 offset, yokohama advan neova ad08 225/40/18 front 255/35/18 rear
spydereclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:37 AM   #14 (permalink)

Vehicle: 09 mitsubishi eclipse gs
chuunarusamurai is on a distinguished road

Hey wass sup ya'll im new here ^_^, sorrry to reopen this thread but on the picture were can i adjust the left to right alignment on the headlight?
chuunarusamurai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2009, 11:33 AM   #15 (permalink)

Name: matt
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs
gsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nicegsxtt is just really nice
its better to open a old thread then post a new one and i belive its the screw with the plastic still on it in the picture
gsxtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 22nd, 2009, 08:19 PM   #16 (permalink)

Vehicle: 09 mitsubishi eclipse gs
chuunarusamurai is on a distinguished road
thanks for the reply! but i hope this aint a dumb question how can i remove it?
chuunarusamurai is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:33 AM   #17 (permalink)

Name: Christopher
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse gs spyder
Gotts8403 is on a distinguished road
Can't reach screw so I have to take the bumper off to get to light just to adjust it? My screws r under the metal frame
Gotts8403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2020, 01:37 AM   #18 (permalink)

Name: Christopher
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse gs spyder
Gotts8403 is on a distinguished road
Ya the screw is not reachable it sucks with out having a tiny long driver to screw it but no room in my auto matic to get to it it's not in the hole in frame.. so I got to take lights out which is stupid idk.. got a 2008 eclipse gs Spyder
Gotts8403 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
alignment, car, headlight, hid, how to, manual, stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in