WTB: GT V6 Emgine Wiring Harness - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Marketplace > Automotive For Sale/Wanted

Automotive For Sale/Wanted Buy, sell and trade anything automotive here

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2020, 01:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

Vrfury is on a distinguished road
WTB: GT V6 Emgine Wiring Harness

I have been looking for a mivec GT v6 for one of my projects. I have a line on one but no harness with it.

Two questions I have are:

1. What are they usually worth?

2. Does anyone have one for sale?

Thanks,
J
Vrfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2020, 04:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Honestly there isn't a usual price. 4G Eclipse wiring harnesses in general are quite rare, then finding a GT one even rarer than GS, on top of that, most harness are for auto trans.

It may be in your best interest to run that engine standalone and make your own harmess

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2020, 06:37 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Honestly there isn't a usual price. 4G Eclipse wiring harnesses in general are quite rare, then finding a GT one even rarer than GS, on top of that, most harness are for auto trans.

It may be in your best interest to run that engine standalone and make your own harmess
Yeah but do any standalones work with VVT like MIVEC? I recall the Subaru guys saying u really needed the JDM ECU to run the Subaru VVT engines not standalone but that could’ve changed by now with newer ones
pcfreak4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 10th, 2020, 09:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Basically Stock

You could take one of the outputs and set it to control the VVT solenoid.

You'd still have to do maps to match either way. So there wouldn't be much difference. People have also used toggle switches on the dashboard and throttle controlled buttons to activate the VVT

It's actually very simple

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old January 10th, 2020, 09:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

This is a bummer. Everyone that sells them doesnt have the harness. Most dont have the throttle body, coilpacks, exhaust manifolds, etc included with engine.
Old January 10th, 2020, 09:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
Basically Stock

You can source your own plugs and make a harness

I may be making 4G69 harnesses in the future, but have no plans to ever do a 6G75 harness. So any time is good as any other to get started

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old January 10th, 2020, 10:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
You could take one of the outputs and set it to control the VVT solenoid.

You'd still have to do maps to match either way. So there wouldn't be much difference. People have also used toggle switches on the dashboard and throttle controlled buttons to activate the VVT

It's actually very simple
Yeah the MIVEC is activated by just applying 12v power and ground to the solenoid?
pcfreak4 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2020, 11:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
Yeah the MIVEC is activated by just applying 12v power and ground to the solenoid?
I thought from what I read on this forum, it has more than just an on/off function. I could be wrong. I believe it has 3 stages but I havent committed that to memory. My project mighte be drag car only so may not need mivec and may just use bigger cams.
Old January 10th, 2020, 11:20 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
You can source your own plugs and make a harness

I may be making 4G69 harnesses in the future, but have no plans to ever do a 6G75 harness. So any time is good as any other to get started
Wouldnt that get expensive quick? I dont know my way around these much. I come from 3000GT Stealth world. From what I've lear as of right nowned there would be injector plugs being different. I might go 3000 coils with plug wires so that eliminates 6 connectors there. Then theres MIVEC, cam/crank......maybe theres not that much needed now that I think about it.
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Yeah, it's actually not a whole lot on an engine harness.

Quick list:
Injectors, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, coilpack plugs, MIVEC solenoid, coolant temperature sensor, oil level sender, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, throttle body, EGR (you can use a vacuum EGR from an evo 8, no plugs, or delete it), alternator, power steering, ABS... And with creativity you can remove some of that stuff or use alternate systems

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old January 11th, 2020, 12:25 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah, it's actually not a whole lot on an engine harness.

Quick list:
Injectors, crank position sensor, cam position sensor, coilpack plugs, MIVEC solenoid, coolant temperature sensor, oil level sender, MAF sensor, MAP sensor, throttle body, EGR (you can use a vacuum EGR from an evo 8, no plugs, or delete it), alternator, power steering, ABS... And with creativity you can remove some of that stuff or use alternate systems
Thanks a ton sabertooth. I honestly can delete almost all of that since I have no ps, egr, map, abs. From looking at pictures it seems mitsu used the same plugs for cam an crank on 6g75 as they did on 2nd gen 6g72tt. Already have maf (likely converting to an arc2 92mm maf anyway). I have to check plug styles for coolant temp. The oil stuf is aftermarket on my car already so that's null and void. COP as well since I'll use 3S DIS with plug wires. That leaves me with injectors and MIVEC. Nt tooo bad I cant complain......🤗
Old July 31st, 2020, 10:31 PM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06/eclipse GT
inherheart is on a distinguished road
I have a harness im not using atm if your still looking.
inherheart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 13th, 2020, 11:49 PM   #13 (permalink)

Thanks for the offer! I ended up using a stock 3000 VR4 wiring harness and ordering an AEM v2. It will solve some of the headaches and give me room when I go faster.

Tags
for sale, gt v6, harness, mivec, questions, sale, wiring, wtb

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in