I am selling FS: 4G69 Build Kits (Pistons, Rods, Bearings) (OLD) - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Marketplace > Automotive For Sale/Wanted

Automotive For Sale/Wanted Buy, sell and trade anything automotive here

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 11th, 2020, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
Basically Stock

FS: 4G69 Build Kits (Pistons, Rods, Bearings) (OLD)

This post is old. Find the updated one at the link below
https://www.club4g.org/board/automot...ml#post1915771

Hey guys,

So first up in my series of kits I'll be selling, I have 4G69 engine build kits! These will be to support turbo builds with a kit I plan to launch this year, or any custom built ones you may have.

Included are Wiseco 4G69 Sport Compact Series pistons, Brian Crower rods with ARP2000 bolts (ARP625+ option available), and ACL Race Series bearings (main, rod, and thrust)

These are the same parts I used in my engine build, and they've held up great through track use. The kit will come standard with 87mm pistons (OEM) with 87.5mm available, and standard sized bearings. Everything should drop right in to a stock block, but make sure to set your ring gap first. I plan to be using an EFR 9280 turbo in the future on this combination making in excess of 1000hp

Images from Wiseco, Brian Crower, and ACL respectively

The combo will be 1200USD shipped to continental USA until February 1st (when Wiseco raises their price). After that, I'll have to update this with a new price, so there was some urgency to me wanting to get this posted.

Head studs and main studs will be available soon.

If you're interested, PM me. Payment can be done via PayPal with buyer protection

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World

Last edited by Sabertooth^2; January 11th, 2020 at 10:03 AM.
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 13th, 2020, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Sleeping-Ana is on a distinguished road
Great work Sabertooth getting these kits finalized and continuing your goal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sleeping-Ana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 13th, 2020, 03:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Thank you. Hopefully people will have interest in them, and I can use that to offset some costs with building a shop in the next year.

I'd like to expand into standalone ECUs, and I have a mechanic onboard who would like to start doing installs on turbo builds. I don't mind the tuning and design side, and I build cars with him already. So it could be great, if we can get some business together. Perhaps even flip and sell GS Turbo cars now and then. I wouldn't mind selling built motors either for people who aren't comfortable doing it themselves.

This all just takes space though, and depends on the 4G community wanting it or not.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World

Old February 5th, 2020, 03:53 PM   #4 (permalink)

Shoffman is on a distinguished road
Most definitely, most people don’t know the potential these cars have. I know I didn’t. I never would’ve thought a 4g69 could make even 400hp. So go for it. I think once your name is out there that it’ll start to draw interest. Just gotta find people that race because that’s the fastest way to get a name out there. Good luck man. I’m sure I’ll be talking to you down the road about a turbo kit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Thank you. Hopefully people will have interest in them, and I can use that to offset some costs with building a shop in the next year.

I'd like to expand into standalone ECUs, and I have a mechanic onboard who would like to start doing installs on turbo builds. I don't mind the tuning and design side, and I build cars with him already. So it could be great, if we can get some business together. Perhaps even flip and sell GS Turbo cars now and then. I wouldn't mind selling built motors either for people who aren't comfortable doing it themselves.

This all just takes space though, and depends on the 4G community wanting it or not.
Shoffman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 24th, 2020, 11:16 AM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Hey guys,

So first up in my series of kits I'll be selling, I have 4G69 engine build kits! These will be to support turbo builds with a kit I plan to launch this year, or any custom built ones you may have.

Included are Wiseco 4G69 Sport Compact Series pistons, Brian Crower rods with ARP2000 bolts (ARP625+ option available), and ACL Race Series bearings (main, rod, and thrust)

These are the same parts I used in my engine build, and they've held up great through track use. The kit will come standard with 87mm pistons (OEM) with 87.5mm available, and standard sized bearings. Everything should drop right in to a stock block, but make sure to set your ring gap first. I plan to be using an EFR 9280 turbo in the future on this combination making in excess of 1000hp

Images from Wiseco, Brian Crower, and ACL respectively

The combo will be 1200USD shipped to continental USA until February 1st (when Wiseco raises their price). After that, I'll have to update this with a new price, so there was some urgency to me wanting to get this posted.

Head studs and main studs will be available soon.

If you're interested, PM me. Payment can be done via PayPal with buyer protection

Iím already looking into finalizing a game plan for my 4G69 and Iíve read multiple threads of yours stating which set ups would be best to reach 400-500 whp... so instead of buying straight from the companies themselves I would like to help aid in your goal to build a shop in the future by purchasing through you

However, would it be possible to get the 87.5mm pistons with a compression ratio of 10.5:1 or could you only get the stock 9.5:1

Old February 24th, 2020, 11:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I wouldn't recommend 10.5:1 compression, as you could have a spool happy setup on pump gas making 400-500whp with lower compression still. But I should be able to get higher, and in 87.5mm

I run 8.2:1 in mine.

Price wise, I'll have to see how much Wiseco jacked them up. But it'll still be cheaper through me as far as I can tell than to buy at retail cost from them (they can't undercut retailers, and I can't advertise prices below retail, but CAN do package deals of multiple items for less than retail, as no one cost is displayed)

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old February 24th, 2020, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
I wouldn't recommend 10.5:1 compression, as you could have a spool happy setup on pump gas making 400-500whp with lower compression still. But I should be able to get higher, and in 87.5mm

I run 8.2:1 in mine.

Price wise, I'll have to see how much Wiseco jacked them up. But it'll still be cheaper through me as far as I can tell than to buy at retail cost from them (they can't undercut retailers, and I can't advertise prices below retail, but CAN do package deals of multiple items for less than retail, as no one cost is displayed)

The higher compression requires higher octane gas yes? And as you just stated... you are still making 400-500whp with 8.2:1?? What exactly is wrong with a spool happy set up with 10.5:1?

Old February 24th, 2020, 04:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I run 8.2:1 compression and 94 octane to make that power currently. You'd have to go with a way oversized turbo and lose out on quick spool, or to run higher octane. AFR are around 12.8:1, so I'm not at any limits by any means. I'm going to drop them to 11.2:1 though, up the boost, and add in some extra timing to see if that'll get me to the 500whp mark. But still, it outruns C6 corvettes on street gas with my compression.

If race gas is the way you want to go, or race ethanol (pump ethanol varies in content too much for me to be comfortable with it) then high compression is a fine answer to the question. I'll be using that on my compression still but at 45psi boost, which is why I had to go so low. At 10.5:1, I think you'd be looking at higher octane race fuels than even E98 for that sort of boost, so it all comes down to what your goals are, and how you want to get there

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 6th, 2020, 07:38 AM   #9 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

Name: Richard.
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS 2.4
Sparda D'Mon is on a distinguished road
Question, Saber... would this kit help my N/A engine? A month after i bought my car i got the idea to build my engine to take forced induction but keep it natural aspirated with the goal in mind to have a strong engine for alot years to come with normal maintenance.
Sparda D'Mon is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 6th, 2020, 08:06 AM   #10 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Nah. The pistons would reduce power slightly NA, as you couldn't use the lower compression to add in timing vs higher compression like you would with a turbo.

The bearings would still be nice, as fresh give confidence. Fresh upgraded rods would be nice if you are revving high, but at 7000ish redline, not important.

This stuff is set up for a boosted build that you want to run as reliable as a stock car, but make 2x the power or more

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 7th, 2020, 07:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

Noted. I dont rev past 6,000-6,300rpms. Thanks, Saber.
Old April 7th, 2020, 09:17 PM   #12 (permalink)
Basically Stock

It seems that an evo intake manifold could be a way to pull a bit more power on the GS Auto then, if that's all they're shifting at. I don't think they'll bump the peak power RPM up too high for you

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 20th, 2020, 12:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

Quote:
It seems that an evo intake manifold could be a way to pull a bit more power on the GS Auto then, if that's all they're shifting at. I don't think they'll bump the peak power RPM up too high for you
When you say abit more power how much HP are we talking about? That's how I base my gains.
GS Auto? A/T? Because mine is manual. I just dont like going higher.
When on stock tune the car reaches peak hp at a certain rpm, right? I'll say it reaches 5,500rpm as an example. Reaching peak hp at that rpm, is there any benefit on beating the car to 6,300rpm other than let's say louder engine? Or would it be smart to shift at 5,500rpm when peak hp has been reached? Not sure if I make sense...
Old April 20th, 2020, 09:21 AM   #14 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Yeah, the benefits are that the torque is still higher all the way to redline than if you had put it in another gear and the torque multiplication is lower. It's pretty significant. And as you get more mods, it'll shift the powerband higher each time with NA mods.

As for that intake manifold, Alex did a dyno run. Up until 7000rpm, he still had not hit peak horsepower. Peak torque was around 5000rpm. It's looking like an evo intake manifold may move peak horsepower to about 7200rpm. At stock torque, that would be 222hp NA. I doubt that's the exact number, but shifting power up top is significant. I'd want an NA dyno run first, but we do know his motor is stock, and at 10psi 9:1afr he did [email protected], and had not yet hit peak horsepower. So it's possible it adds that crazy horsepower. At 14psi, revving to 7800rpm, I'm comfortably outrunning cars making in the 350-400hp area

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 23rd, 2020, 09:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

I like those numbers. It doesnt put any internals at risk while NA, does it?
Old April 24th, 2020, 01:05 AM   #16 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Not at all, no. I revved to 7500 stock motor for years. Then hit boost cut, and that killed my motor somehow.

I was even using an RRE underdrive pulley, which adds crank vibration and flex

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 24th, 2020, 07:05 PM   #17 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

So boost killed your engine? Any idea how much you were making when that happened?
Old April 24th, 2020, 08:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Basically Stock

It was 3psi, 3000rpm, and low throttle. My cold boost cut was set very low, and it comes on overly aggressive for my liking, and I don't trust it at all. I have a boost cut programmed into my boost controller these days, and it just opens the wastegate and prevents it closing until boost levels drop low enough (it feels funny because it essentially makes my car NA hen it hits, lol)

So boost didn't kill my engine. I feel it was the boost CUT that did, from the ECU. I now just run a warm and cold setting on my boost controller, and have both my ECU cuts (warm and cold) set to 25psi or something like that so I don't have any chance of hitting them right now

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 25th, 2020, 12:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

Oh yeah. You expressed your concern regarding the boost cut before. I just didnt know it killed your engine. How much boost is your turbo set to right now?
Old April 25th, 2020, 01:01 PM   #20 (permalink)
Basically Stock

14psi. I was doing 16 at 14:1 AFR. I'm still waiting on my fuel pump I ordered March 31st lol

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 27th, 2020, 08:32 AM   #21 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

Did they even shipped it yet?
Old April 27th, 2020, 08:44 AM   #22 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Yep, on the 16th it got to my local UPS. Hasn't moved since

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 27th, 2020, 03:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

I'd be asking UPS if pick up at their location is possible.

Tags
1st, 4g69, bearings, block, bolts, build, custom, drop, engine, gap, kit, kits, launch, oem, option, parts, pistons, price, race, rods, stock, support, top, track, turbo

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in