Go fast mods - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Regional Forums > California

California CA local discussion here...

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old January 10th, 2019, 03:07 PM   #1 (permalink)

Agugus is on a distinguished road
Go fast mods

Anybody still have 4G here in California? If so, what go fast mods are we able to put on here without being illegal?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Agugus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 10th, 2019, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Josh
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Joshinator99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agugus View Post
Anybody still have 4G here in California? If so, what go fast mods are we able to put on here without being illegal?

Do you have a GS or GT? Im not in CA, but suggest you just just buy mods that are CARB certified. I believe the DC Sports intake is. Catback exhaust should be ok too (if not too loud).
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2019, 07:39 PM   #3 (permalink)

Shizahoffa is on a distinguished road
Cold air Intakes, Exhausts, and port and polish are really the only leagal mods here in Cali I believe. I still Run my Road Race Headers and straight piped exhaust. I have a 3 inch high flow spprt resonator thats, pretty long, on my echaust for some back pressure but also to quite it down. Ive popped my hood several times for cops and they dont seem to care. But there will always be one cop that will. Also, California laws changed exhaust tickets so they are actual tickets you must pay instead of fix it tickets. I have a stage 2 head job, with a proflow throttlebody, port and polish on my intake manifold, headers, exhaust, AEM intake, throttle body intake manifold spacers applied with gasket maker so no leaks, and no cats with the hackish reflash. No codes can help you talk your way out of a ticket with an officer. I tell them I have a cat efficiency of 100% which is why I dont have a code. You can also throw a heat shield on the headers and most wont know the difference.

Ill aslo be installing my stage 2 RIPP supercharger in about a month or so. Just keep your stock parts and you should be fine. But yes half the mods on this car are a No-No

Last edited by Shizahoffa; January 10th, 2019 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Typos
Shizahoffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 10th, 2019, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Do you have a GS or GT? Im not in CA, but suggest you just just buy mods that are CARB certified. I believe the DC Sports intake is. Catback exhaust should be ok too (if not too loud).
I have the GT. Okay I'll look out for those CARB cert mods. Thanks.

Old January 10th, 2019, 08:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizahoffa View Post
Cold air Intakes, Exhausts, and port and polish are really the only leagal mods here in Cali I believe. I still Run my Road Race Headers and straight piped exhaust. I have a 3 inch high flow spprt resonator thats, pretty long, on my echaust for some back pressure but also to quite it down. Ive popped my hood several times for cops and they dont seem to care. But there will always be one cop that will. Also, California laws changed exhaust tickets so they are actual tickets you must pay instead of fix it tickets. I have a stage 2 head job, with a proflow throttlebody, port and polish on my intake manifold, headers, exhaust, AEM intake, throttle body intake manifold spacers applied with gasket maker so no leaks, and no cats with the hackish reflash. No codes can help you talk your way out of a ticket with an officer. I tell them I have a cat efficiency of 100% which is why I dont have a code. You can also throw a heat shield on the headers and most wont know the difference.

Ill aslo be installing my stage 2 RIPP supercharger in about a month or so. Just keep your stock parts and you should be fine. But yes half the mods on this car are a No-No
Oh so the headers from RRE are okay here?

Old January 10th, 2019, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

Ohh absolutely not haha. They remove all the cats so if you pass the smog test you will certainly fail inspection. If you out the heat shirlds on the front a rear thrn they might not be able to tell but it gets rid of the cats. Plus it says not carb legal and not for street use. I kept both of the GT exhaust manifolds if I ever get caught with them. Its kind of hard to say my car is stock when my engine looks like this haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20190110-180632_Video Player_1547172404000.jpg (23.0 KB, 14 views)
Old January 10th, 2019, 10:28 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizahoffa View Post
Ohh absolutely not haha. They remove all the cats so if you pass the smog test you will certainly fail inspection. If you out the heat shirlds on the front a rear thrn they might not be able to tell but it gets rid of the cats. Plus it says not carb legal and not for street use. I kept both of the GT exhaust manifolds if I ever get caught with them. Its kind of hard to say my car is stock when my engine looks like this haha
Nice! Oh well. Guess I'll just do CAI and exhaust.

Old January 10th, 2019, 11:05 PM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Josh
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Joshinator99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agugus View Post
Nice! Oh well. Guess I'll just do CAI and exhaust.

You could do a ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, ported heads, etc. On the Stingray Corvettes, they saw 10-15 horsepower by porting the exhaust manifolds in lieu of headers. Those are mods that would never be detected on the outside of the car. If youll always run premium fuel, you could shave the heads a tick for more compression. Theres always things to do if youre committed.
Joshinator99 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old January 10th, 2019, 11:18 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
You could do a ported throttle body, ported intake manifold, ported heads, etc. On the Stingray Corvettes, they saw 10-15 horsepower by porting the exhaust manifolds in lieu of headers. Those are mods that would never be detected on the outside of the car. If youll always run premium fuel, you could shave the heads a tick for more compression. Theres always things to do if youre committed.
Thanks for the tips! I'll look into those.

Old January 10th, 2019, 11:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

And if you want, I have two extra intake manifolds that you can either buy and have them ported or we can port and polish them to gasket match with a set of gaskets we have here (essentially a stage one). This id also an extra throttle body I got that we also cleaned up and did a port and polish on it as well to match the same one I have. Since you have a V6 and in Cali I got a LOTTTTT of spare parts you might be interested to come pick up as well. But yeah porting and polishing heads, intake manifolds, throttle bodies and such are under the radar mods that really help out cumulatively
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Snapchat-1687241262_1547181072637.jpg (35.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg 20190104_231630_1547181113715.jpg (29.3 KB, 8 views)
Old January 11th, 2019, 01:08 AM   #11 (permalink)

Aww yeah bro!! How much for those? Ported and polished?

Old January 11th, 2019, 01:22 AM   #12 (permalink)

Just got off the phone with my guy. He said we can gasket match and port and polish the upper and lower intake manifold for you for $160. We can so this 2 ways.

We can do the port and polish on one of the sets we have here and trade you these ones for yours plus the $160 for materials and parts. Kind of like a core charge

Or you can straight buy these manifolds off of us which will be $160 for the port and polish and $100 for the intake manifolds. So $260 all together.

Im located in So Cal, hopefully itll be close to make this easier. Same thing with the throttle body about the same price for porting and polishing to gasket match. Either trade us yours plus cash on top or straight buy it.
Old January 11th, 2019, 02:37 AM   #13 (permalink)

Where in socal are you? I'm over at Oceanside. What about if I had mine ported and polished instead? And don't I have to get my intake first?

Old January 11th, 2019, 02:47 AM   #14 (permalink)

Pm sent
Old January 11th, 2019, 04:22 PM   #15 (permalink)

Is the intake manifold a two piece? Sorry I'm a newb

Old January 15th, 2019, 03:45 AM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Cavan
Vehicle: 2012 GS
CavanSm is on a distinguished road
Hey I'm SoCal too, pretty close to Irvine. Just got my 2012 GS, got a cold air and new headlights on the way. Pretty much in the same boat with you Agugus, probably gonna just go for illegal mods and do my best to hide them though. If you guys are down to meet up or work on mods lmk.
CavanSm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
california, fast, illegal, mod, mods

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in