What did you feed your GS today? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Eclipse Performance

Eclipse Performance Eclipse Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 16th, 2020, 06:27 PM   #1 (permalink)

Sparda D'Mon is on a distinguished road
What did you feed your GS today?

All past and preset little snacks your baby had. Cars you have taken on in rich dummy terms. 😂🤣 Unfortunately and nothing big to boast about but today my GS ate my father's 2001 Ford F-150. He asked for it. He plans to race me in his latest car. A 97 Jetta 2.0 with a cat back exhaust. If he fixes the worned out manual transmission that is.
Sparda D'Mon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2020, 12:50 AM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

My most recent notable was a 2017 Focus RS, and before that, 2010 Corvette. I haven't been to the track yet this year.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 23rd, 2020, 05:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
My most recent notable was a 2017 Focus RS, and before that, 2010 Corvette. I haven't been to the track yet this year.

🤯🤯🤯 im over here beating grannies (black lady, old fashioned with their little hats and veil over their face.) in Galants that are too stuborn to let you pass and cocky teens with their hat to the side with their right arm held out far, gripping the top middle of the steering wheel, body leaning left towards their window looking like they're ready to turn left rather than drive straight in a 2.5 Altima and your beating vettes... 😂🤣 umm... how about we trade cars? Lol!

Old March 23rd, 2020, 08:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Haha, some time and money in, and you'd have a quick one too.

I'm kinda stuck at the moment until I can get a higher flowing fuel situation.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 24th, 2020, 10:03 PM   #5 (permalink)

Higher flowing fuel situation? You mentioned better fuel pumps. Is that what is limiting you?
Old March 24th, 2020, 10:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Yeah. I'm stuck around 400whp right now at 16psi boost. I couldn't get my walbro 450 or a 525 to fit in the OEM basket, so I either will need to bite the bullet, go full return, and drop about $500 on that, or find a DW300c pump that'll drop in. Even running with NPT tees instead of the OEM center section I couldn't get it to work. I think it's because our internal regulator needs to be sitting properly, and can't just have a line run to it.

I found a DW300 (not compact) for $50 I may try out. It's 10mm longer, but I have extra gaskets, so I can raise the fuel hat for extra space.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 25th, 2020, 12:19 AM   #7 (permalink)

A fuel pump that runs E85. Well you have an idea on how to tackle your dilema. I dnt even know what the inside of the fuel tank looks like but i did watch a video of a shop tearing the inside out of a civic to reach the fuel pump. Is that the case for our cars? Also will a better flowing pump give my NA engine performance or can i expect it to be the same as with the WRX injectors?
Old March 25th, 2020, 06:51 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparda D'Mon View Post
A fuel pump that runs E85. Well you have an idea on how to tackle your dilema. I dnt even know what the inside of the fuel tank looks like but i did watch a video of a shop tearing the inside out of a civic to reach the fuel pump. Is that the case for our cars? Also will a better flowing pump give my NA engine performance or can i expect it to be the same as with the WRX injectors?
A higher flowing pump won’t help a non boosted eclipse unless your OG pump is worn out or clogged up with gunk, and the old screens are clogged

So technically an upgraded pump would be better just because it’s new

But a new OEM denso pump is adequate for a non boosted application on these cars for sure no questions asked even with bolt ons
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2020, 08:09 AM   #9 (permalink)
Basically Stock

You won't gain power, as the stock pump is able to hold full fuel pressure NA even at full throttle. Adding extra fuel without adding more air will result in loss of power, as the fuel won't all be burned, and what does burn will burn slower

I do have a couple Walbro 525 pumps that will be used when I put in the other turbo. They'll be fine for 1200whp or more on E85

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:40 PM   #10 (permalink)

I see so upgrading is a dead end when NA but it wont hurt to replace it just to keep the flow steady and with no problems.
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Basically Stock

It's also a waste of money unless you have fuel pressure issues from a dying stock pump, which is very very very rare. You could put that money into a performance part that will add power, handing, predictability, etc, or a maintenance item that'll reduce risks of issues, or restore handling/power

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 25th, 2020, 04:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

On another note, my father just revved his 97 Jetta and it has like a stock limiter that held at 6,000rpm's and when he let off the exhaust popped beautifully. Im wondering if our GS has that too. If i want my exhaust to pop or crackle i rev up to 3,000 then let off and it pops mildly. My father's was loud. Im mostly about that. Exhaust popping, loud noise with a nice note but with abit of power to not fall in the "RICE" category. So abit of light and help would be greatly appreciated.
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:30 PM   #13 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Not with stock timing. It adds a ton of timing advance off throttle, and won't pop in any significant way. I can get you significant pops if you get a tune

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:42 PM   #14 (permalink)

Yeah the stock fuel pump shouldn’t die unless you run the car out of gas and it sucks a bunch of air and overheats or if the filter screens are so clogged that the pump starved for fuel and it burns out that way

Casually driven Jap cars with Denso fuel pumps like ours run 250k miles plus on stock fuel pumps with no issues, replacing the filter screens is a good idea though eventually, in fact I think I need to change my filter screens
Old March 25th, 2020, 05:45 PM   #15 (permalink)

Yeah that tactrix cable is eluding me at the moment due to the situation we're all in. Speaking of restoring handling. What could make my steering wheel shake 63-68mph?
Old March 25th, 2020, 06:02 PM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah that tactrix cable is eluding me at the moment due to the situation we're all in. Speaking of restoring handling. What could make my steering wheel shake 63-68mph?
When was an alignment done last?

Also jack up the car get a few wheels off the ground and then grab the top and bottom and each side and give the wheels some aggressive shakes back and forth and see how much play and wiggle there is, there shouldn't be any at all
Old March 27th, 2020, 10:20 PM   #17 (permalink)

Honestly i dnt know what the previous owner did to the car. Ill give that a check and see how much allignment is as well. Curious enough the previous owners besides the guy i bought it from was San Antonio Sheriff department. 😱😱 wonder what my baby got involved in before i got her.
Old March 27th, 2020, 10:31 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Honestly i dnt know what the previous owner did to the car. Ill give that a check and see how much allignment is as well. Curious enough the previous owners besides the guy i bought it from was San Antonio Sheriff department. 😱😱 wonder what my baby got involved in before i got her.
The shop that does an alignment will put it on a rack and tell you what needs to be replaced first as far as suspension components before doing an alignment
Old March 28th, 2020, 10:48 AM   #19 (permalink)
Basically Stock

The most common reasons to least, that come to mind right now:
-Lost a wheel weight (balance)
-Uneven tire wear from worn suspension components or bad alignment (eg, cupping)
-Poor toe alignment (causes tires to skip as you speed up, but may hit a resonance you don't feel or turn to a full slide)
-Rim full of debris, like mud, snow, or ice (probably not snow or ice this time of year)
-Damaged tire belts possibly while hitting a bump (balance)
-Dented a rim on a bump (balance and shape)
-Badly curbed rim that is out of balance (huge chunks missing, you'd notice a half oz of aluminum missing)
-Bent an axle rock crawling (should consider bigger tires and some more lift if so)
-So much sick downforce that you're scraping on the ground (bro science)
-Aliens (*tinfoil hat intensifies*)
-Localized earthquakes (Maybe)

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

« Exhaust upgrade? | - »