Weight Reduction - Numbers - Page 3 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Eclipse Performance

Eclipse Performance Eclipse Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 20th, 2009, 01:35 PM   #81 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
^ thats funny
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 20th, 2009, 01:38 PM   #82 (permalink)
Theta II

Name: David
Vehicle: 12 Kia Optima SX
DarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond reputeDarkSidEclipse has a reputation beyond repute
Yeah it was a while ago I can't remember who it was that had the actual numbers I wanna say Lawrence, but I could be wrong

"No, no, no, light speed is too slow. We're gonna have to go right to MIVEC speed."
https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...-new-ride.html
DarkSidEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 20th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #83 (permalink)

Name: Andrew Jacobsen
Vehicle: 2000/Eclipse/RS
DieselxIndustry is on a distinguished road
Well the possibilities are They either made the crbon fiber thicker, or they used a heavier/Stronger fiber fabric to create the fenders. Which is not necessary unless you only want the fenders for show. Those fenders should only weight about 2-3lbs. each if done right and Steel is like what 10-15 I am guessing.
DieselxIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 20th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #84 (permalink)

Name: Andrew Jacobsen
Vehicle: 2000/Eclipse/RS
DieselxIndustry is on a distinguished road
Also they might not be 100% carbon fiber, to save on costs they might have used fiberglass as well. Just a guess though.
DieselxIndustry is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #85 (permalink)
x-street

Name: Matt McAlear
Vehicle: 06/GT/AT
bullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nicebullet06 is just really nice
oem hood weight is 40 lbs r-spec carbon fiber hood is 20 lbs & the rear windshield wiper is only 2.5 lbs
bullet06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 14th, 2010, 10:50 PM   #86 (permalink)

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 2002 Honda S2k
Daxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud ofDaxenth has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet06 View Post
oem hood weight is 40 lbs r-spec carbon fiber hood is 20 lbs & the rear windshield wiper is only 2.5 lbs
jesus.... what if you get the OEM cf one? the plain CF one. cause shaving 20lbs off... and a custom look... for 400 im down lol

Mods=Daxenth's Satin Girl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldsou View Post
I, Panda and Dax, decree that on this Sunday morning, the third generation Eclipse is now revoked of all it's right to be part of the Eclipse family. From now on it is to be known as the "Mitsubishi Stillbirth".
Daxenth is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 15th, 2010, 05:23 PM   #87 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
I have an OEM cf hood from vfiber. It weighs 16 pounds so that's a good chunk lighter. a big saving comes from the hatch.
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2011, 06:01 PM   #88 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

Name: roy
Vehicle: 08 gt
roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
welp ive been on a diet since nov time for my car to follow im selling my sub and amp and takin seats out they never get used
roy_robinsonV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2011, 07:37 PM   #89 (permalink)
The thread killer...

Name: Jeff
Vehicle: 07 GT 6spd
Freeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to beholdFreeker is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by roy_robinsonV View Post
welp ive been on a diet since nov time for my car to follow im selling my sub and amp and takin seats out they never get used
i took my seats out long ago

I got Mods.
Freeker is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2011, 10:01 PM   #90 (permalink)
Black Irish

Name: Ross
Vehicle: 2006/eclipse/gs
muscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to allmuscles is a name known to all
ha yea same.. nobody ever wants to sit in the back of our cars.
muscles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 25th, 2011, 02:36 PM   #91 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

roy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud ofroy_robinsonV has much to be proud of
ya know im between a cf hatch or nitrous lol or a new gun
Old February 25th, 2011, 03:03 PM   #92 (permalink)
fastest 4g in colorado

also wat about the headliner i wonder if any one has pulled that off and those curtain air bags r up there hmmm
Old March 9th, 2011, 06:18 PM   #93 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Name: 370z's are pieces of lateral shit
Vehicle: 2012 nissan frontier v6
snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
im running with no bumper core supports,together they do add weight.take it for what its worth.

Last edited by snakeeyes; March 29th, 2012 at 02:03 PM.
snakeeyes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2011, 09:56 PM   #94 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 08/eclipse/GT
bc4G is on a distinguished road
great info !gonna pull back seat this spring(canada)
bc4G is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:14 AM   #95 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 3 GTs | 2 Evos | 1 FTO
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
Wow. This thread, back from the dead after so long

And my have things changed since. (For one, I'm not so enthusiastic as I used to be about posting on here... )

Funny thing is, most cars out there that push a lot of power typically have to have heavier chassis due to stiffening requirements, or have extremely lightweight shells with reinforced chassis. It's rather hard to marry the two ideas together in a production car, as (of course) all chassis and shells rolling out of production lines are made of steel! And you can't convince the NHTSA, DOT, and various other regulatory organizations otherwise.

True weight reduction would involve some kind of shell sheetmetal reduction, with some other way to reinforce the chassis. It's not like we're racing stock cars with true race chassis here, though we've seen that Eclipse(-esque) shell over a race chassis once.

Anyway, what I'm saying is, unless you're willing to sacrifice safety for an incremental gain in trap times, it's going to be... well... minimal gain.

Again, you've gotta pay to play
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:16 AM   #96 (permalink)
What Drives You?

Name: Kibo... past, present, and Future
Vehicle: 3 GTs | 2 Evos | 1 FTO
Slippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond reputeSlippercream has a reputation beyond repute
oh... and hello BC
And if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without His notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid?" - Benjamin Franklin
Slippercream is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 27th, 2011, 11:17 AM   #97 (permalink)

Name: Daniel
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
fasolxpl is on a distinguished road
when u removed the driver seat which resistors did u use to avoid the airbag light?

Injen CAI, Custom 3" HKS Exhaust, BC Racing Coilovers, Drilled & Slotted Rotors W/Hawk Pads, Stiffy, Short Shifter W/O Reverse Lockout, TB Bypass, Outlaw Spacers, Adjustable Rear Sway Bar, Eyelids, 6000K Low&High Beams, 19's ADR's, Custom Halo Rings, Flat Black Front & Rear Bumper
fasolxpl is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2012, 02:50 PM   #98 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Name: Jeremy
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT
Animefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really nice
06+ MITSUBISHI ECLIPSECARBON FIBER TRUNK LID I'd start with that and a hood.

I don't wanna lose any of the comfort things on my car. So weigh reduction isn't going to happen much for me.

Also don't the stock sway and tower bars way more than the after markets ?
Animefreak1983 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2012, 04:07 PM   #99 (permalink)
illusionperformance

Name: travis
Vehicle: 08 pathfinder - modded
akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animefreak1983 View Post
06+ MITSUBISHI ECLIPSECARBON FIBER TRUNK LID I'd start with that and a hood.

I don't wanna lose any of the comfort things on my car. So weigh reduction isn't going to happen much for me.

Also don't the stock sway and tower bars way more than the after markets ?
there isnt much of a difference in weight between the strut bars, atleast for the tanabe and the oem gt strut bar
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:10 AM   #100 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Animefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really niceAnimefreak1983 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by akley88 View Post
there isnt much of a difference in weight between the strut bars, atleast for the tanabe and the oem gt strut bar
Thanks for the info.

Don't happen to know how much the rear hatch (the actual door / hatch not the cover) ways do you? Trying to see hows much lighter the CF ones are vs stock.
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM   #101 (permalink)
illusionperformance

akley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to beholdakley88 is a splendid one to behold
i dont know the weight. i can tell you that people who have installed the cf hatch say that the hatch struts will lift the cf hatch up if you hit the release button
Old March 30th, 2012, 02:07 PM   #102 (permalink)
I love To Drift

Quote:
i dont know the weight. i can tell you that people who have installed the cf hatch say that the hatch struts will lift the cf hatch up if you hit the release button
I know the cf hatch is 20-25lbs according to the ebay seller.
So I would assume the stock one is at least 10 lbs above that if not more.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 05:08 PM   #103 (permalink)
Love My Truck

snakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to beholdsnakeeyes is a splendid one to behold
weighed my car today with the gas needle sitting right before E..3180 and thats with a 75 lb amp and sub combo in the back.lighter hood is in my future and MAYBE the hatch depending on how much abuse it can take from my bass.i have the sun and sound package allso.my weight reduction (minus the sub) has paid off thus far.

edit;so around 159lbs in weight reduction without my aftermarket sub and box

Last edited by snakeeyes; May 29th, 2012 at 11:53 AM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:02 PM   #104 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
Sweet I should be close to the 2950 at least
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:07 PM   #105 (permalink)
Love My Truck

even if we were matched on mods,you'd still be heavier lol

Last edited by snakeeyes; May 22nd, 2012 at 08:37 PM.
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:13 PM   #106 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
after reflash, exhaust and nitrous, I will be doing a short period of focus around weight reduction.
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:17 PM   #107 (permalink)
illusionperformance

where did you find the curb weight of 3370 for a manual being that high?
Old May 22nd, 2012, 07:32 PM   #108 (permalink)
Love My Truck

Quote:
where did you find the curb weight of 3370 for a manual being that high?
my bad it was 3264 on a quick search.i didnt realize the auto was that much heavier.so according to you with an auto gs that weighs 3370, im 265lbs lighter than a stock auto with sun and sound on E lol..if i took out muh bass
here is one link for the weight of the gs
http://www.leftlanenews.com/new-car-...bishi/eclipse/

and another
http://www.edmunds.com/mitsubishi/ec...res-specs.html
and another
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...-eclipse-6.htm

and another
http://www.autospectator.com/cars/mo...ubishi-eclipse

Last edited by snakeeyes; May 22nd, 2012 at 09:49 PM.
Old June 5th, 2012, 12:15 AM   #109 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
The plastics surrounding the trunk area are easy as fuck to remove. I used them to hide my amp/ speaker wire. You could snatch those off too. The most important weight reduction you'll ever do is in your rims......

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 27th, 2013, 09:13 AM   #110 (permalink)

Name: Carlos
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
wazatataza has a spectacular aura about
bump... this thread is awsome,

lexan glass would be nice... i assume our windsheilds wiegh around 100 pounds or so each. may not be DOT legal though....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero View Post
My wife is always within slapping distance.
wazatataza is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 7th, 2013, 09:25 AM   #111 (permalink)

Name: Stephen Rogers
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
crymsonglacius is on a distinguished road
I am new to the forum and will be helping revive this thread.

I just picked up a 2007 Eclipse GT Automatic with Sunroof and heated leather so I am probably sitting on one of the heaviest Eclipses on the market. Given that I must recover from the new purchase I will have to do all available free mods which the most obvious is weight reduction.

I'm going to be purchasing two scales from work, one for bulkier parts and a precision one for smaller stuff.

My plan is to weigh EVERYTHING I take off the vehicle. Every logo I take off, license plate bracket, left over wiring, panel, etc. This car will remain "street sweet" for the first year so it may take some time before you see real solid posts but I will provide info as I have it.
When I'm done this car will still be street legal but entirely for joy riding purposes only.

This my first project car so I will also provide positives and negatives to the parts I'm pulling.

See you all soon.
crymsonglacius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 17th, 2019, 01:24 PM   #112 (permalink)

Name: Cless
Vehicle: 06Evo 9 / 08 Eclipse SEGT
Clessy has a spectacular aura about
Just thought i'd throw this out. Lithium Ion batteries are a game changer. The one in my eclipse weighs less than 2 pounds.
Old December 17th, 2019, 01:33 PM   #113 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Colten
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse GS 5 Speed
cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clessy View Post
Just thought i'd throw this out. Lithium Ion batteries are a game changer. The one in my eclipse weighs less than 2 pounds.
Where did you find yours?
I'd be down for a battery change, mine is alittle bigger then stock, (need more cranking amps)
so going back down a size would be nice lol
Old December 17th, 2019, 03:06 PM   #114 (permalink)

Name: Cless
Vehicle: 06Evo 9 / 08 Eclipse SEGT
Clessy has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmturner View Post
Where did you find yours?
I'd be down for a battery change, mine is alittle bigger then stock, (need more cranking amps)
so going back down a size would be nice lol
I have an Advance Auto lithium motorcycle battery.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...ithium+battery

I'd love the 500cca however they've discontinued this whole line of batteries for some reason. I've got these in 2 of my cars no issues. Granted NC is pretty warm. On the eclipse it some times a smidge of struggle to start but in my Mirage turns over every time. Idealy I wish someone would make these again for these prices. Wish i'd have loaded up on those 500cca now that no one has them.
Old December 18th, 2019, 06:21 PM   #115 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GS
NamelessFoe will become famous soon enough
Yeah, the lithium batteries are extremely expensive now. I'm looking at the Braille batteries. Not as light as lithium but lighter than generic. Think one for our cars weighs like 15 lbs.
NamelessFoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
0-60, 2009, cai, car, eclipse, eclipse gt, exhaust, good, handling, hood, interior, kit, lower, mitsubishi, oem, performance, racing, seat, seats, sound, subwoofer, tire, total, wheel, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in