Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority

Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority (https://www.club4g.org/board/)
-   Member's Rides (https://www.club4g.org/board/members-rides/)
-   -   Road renegade build thread (https://www.club4g.org/board/members-rides/100809-road-renegade-build-thread.html)

dotd0t June 21st, 2018 03:16 PM

Alrighty, what issues do you have to compare to some of the issues we've had tuning mine.

p.s. mines been getting tuned since before september :P it is now finally almost there after we figure out what was going on.

ROAD RENEGADE June 21st, 2018 03:56 PM

My Idle RPM is 3000. The car drives itself in 1st and 2nd gear. Im running extremely rich. It appears for some reason that my ECU shows my car is only warming up to 75*c. I know these things take awhile, especially yours sense your rocking the turbo build which is much more complex than a supercharger.

dotd0t June 21st, 2018 04:00 PM

Hmm i didnt have that at any point. Did this start after tune or before? Kinda sounds like bad temp switch causing it think stay in fast idle. :/

ROAD RENEGADE June 21st, 2018 04:02 PM

I have never had a problem with idle prior to installing the supercharger and tune. I did get one tune from Michael but even that idles at 1600 rpms. I'm not totally sure whats up with it. This is my first boost project so im learning as I go.

Zkdawg2 September 7th, 2018 08:21 AM

Any updates?

ROAD RENEGADE September 10th, 2018 12:00 PM

No updates sense last post. Ive been waiting sense then for Michael to fix a problem with the live tuning. Its driving me nuts. The car has been down for so fucking long! If it was a mechanical issue, no problem I'd be on it and fixing it. But when it comes to the tuning game, I'm new to it and to be honest kinda fucked cause with how busy Michael is you locked into using his program as its practically the only way for us to adjust our ECUs.

I bought brembos and rotors not long ago and haven't installed them as I'm waiting because ill have to get wheel spacers for the front due to how large the front calipers are. But if I'm going to get the wheel spacers I'm going to pursue doing my wide body project I sought out to do a year ago.

I dont post much these days, as medical issues are still effecting how much I'm able to get out and do things. Thanks for showing interest though :kiss:

DeAtHsWhIpLaSh September 11th, 2018 10:02 AM

I can fix it!...But if you decide to use hackish then your stuck waiting for him!

pcfreak4 September 11th, 2018 10:04 AM

You’re a tuner?

DeAtHsWhIpLaSh September 11th, 2018 11:29 AM

In the term of do I make a living from tuning car's nah....I just tune all my race car's (including my own 4g) and just offering any help I can give! I'm trying to help get his car running correctly, because I strongly dislike the way this online tuning works which Is why I have steered 4g drivers to another route and they have thanked me every time due to when they see members having problems with getting a fresh tune......

ROAD RENEGADE September 12th, 2018 11:09 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 75727

Attachment 75729

Here is a rotor comparison from OEM to EVO swap. Much much bigger :hail:

dotd0t September 13th, 2018 08:42 PM

Looking good road. Sorry your live tuning don't work mine doesn't either. Haven't tryed to get him to fox it on mine yet. My car took nearly a year to get drivable which now drives well just a few little hiccups when starting off tapping on gas. Other than that I just needmaybe 1 or 2 revisions once I get clutch broken in.

I wanna do the brembo swap soon just waiting to get clutch broken in the. Maybe a paint job then to dealer for the recall on brakes. Can't get recall done if brakes are modified 😞. Looking good brother can't wait to hang out

ROAD RENEGADE September 13th, 2018 10:23 PM

Thank Dotd0t, I actual got with Michael the other night and we fixed my problem. Hopefully by the end of this month ill head to Orlando and get it dyno tuned at Kings Performance. For sure brother im dying for a Florida Mitsu meet. When we get both our cars finished well definitely get something going

cmturner September 14th, 2018 08:31 AM

Lol, I can't live tune eather, he said not enough memory on mine or something like that
Still trying to fix my heater codes issue

ROAD RENEGADE September 14th, 2018 09:35 AM

Its a shame everyone seems to be having difficulty running live tune. I really do hope issue are resolved soon cause I know I felt like pulling my mustache off I was so frustrated

Zkdawg2 September 17th, 2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROAD RENEGADE (Post 1895435)
Attachment 75727

Attachment 75729

Here is a rotor comparison from OEM to EVO swap. Much much bigger :hail:

What diameter are the Evo rotors in mm? I have some Brembo calipers from Mercadies I want to use but having a hard time finding the size I need in our bolt pattern. Might have to redrill some rotors

spinal55 November 8th, 2018 11:47 AM

Beautiful car Tristen, congratulations!