Zkdawg's satin AWD racer - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 4th, 2017, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Back For More

Name: Zach
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS/SE
Zkdawg2 is on a distinguished road
As of mid September 2018, the car runs and drives. Only have to figure out how to fix the speedo issue(says I'm doing 40 when I'm doing 30 per GPS). Might have to get the f5a5a trans and make that work.

(11/14 update) hackish is looking over the rom from the endevour (for the trans) as the trans is being a PITA. The car is not registered and won't be as I am having to sell it due to financial reasons( $3500 it the for sale section on the forums). It runs and drives and I have driven it about 50 miles now with no break downs. It doesn't shift right in auto when you push the car but works good in manual shifting. We put the redline to 7k. I got the ac working... Now that I don't need it of course.

Modifications

Engine:
Custom intake
Custom headers
Custom 2.5" exhaust with 2 thrush glasspack straight through mufflers and a thrush turbo muffler(not really the sound I want but will have to do for now)
A tune from hackish

Brakes:
Brakenetic drilled/slotted rotors and carbon pads.

Misc.:
Removed rear seats
New headlights and taillights
Aftermarket rad. fans and controller
3g rad. for when I get a nice 3 row rad.

Hey y'all, I have been a member for years under the ZKDawg name as I had an 06 GT that had to get traded in but now I'm back. I recently found/picked up an 07 Satin GS/SE with 200k mile and some bent valves from the previous owner blowing the Tbelt for $600. When I had to get rid of my 06, me and my wife were heart broken so I promised her that when we were able to get another one that I would turn it in to a street/track car for her and I. Back then, there wasn't anyone who had done the AWD conversion yet so I hadn't even thought about AWD before coming back to the forum recently and finding that there were several who have now done it and so I have set out to do the AWD V6 conversion to my GS/SE. Over the next year, I will be working on the car and turning in to a very competitive race car. Mods to-do list: V6 AWD first thing, striping the car of unnecessary weight, some power mods( full exhaust, intake, tune for now), body mods( full body kit w/fiberglass fenders, adjustable CF spoiler, paint), wheels/suspension ( bronze wheels w/blue calipers and race tires, D2 racing RS coilovers), and finally CF hood and hatch. I'll be posting pics and updates as everything happens. Here is the turd as of the the day I brought here home
https://youtu.be/jLtBBxiwOmU

Last edited by Zkdawg2; December 2nd, 2018 at 01:41 PM.
Zkdawg2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 4th, 2017, 12:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Name: Andy
Vehicle: 06 GT Manual, 05 GTO
Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Wow, that is... ambitious. This will be a project more costly and time consuming than anything we've ever seen on the forum... Typically people who do this amount of work to a car are sponsored by companies and auto shops which allow them to afford it.

I hope you have access to lifts, expensive mechanic tools, and years of automotive experience because that's the only way this will happen. All I can say is best of luck.
Desert Rat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2017, 01:45 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Andres
Vehicle: 2009 GT
SuperEvilnine will become famous soon enough
I admire your dedication and your wallet size...good luck fam!

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk
SuperEvilnine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 5th, 2017, 05:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Smokey
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
Smokeynbandit is on a distinguished road
There havnt been many I only know of the one guy in russia thats actually done it, people say theres others but those people dont come on here, Ive yet to see another awd 4g but seeing as how your engine needs replacing find a awd drive donor vehical for parts and engine, drive train. Thats what I would do throw a v8 or a heavily mod the gt6 engine turbo and all a full built custom trans and drivetrain for 600 plus and any engine you could throw in it would be a race car forsure . But the way im describing isnt a everyday driver. Itl remain a project. But if you can make a awd with minimal welding and using most of our parts Im on bandwagon either way it rolls and if mine could become awd for less than 1,000 bucks id keep it forever lol
Smokeynbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2017, 05:19 AM   #5 (permalink)

Also wouldnt do exhaust til after you figure your rear end on the car cause your going to be re routing some stuff from what ive read exhaust has to make room for the axle going to the back ect. And from what i also read awhile back i wouldnt use a endeavor rear end or anything except the transmission maybe? But even then as many evo parts as you can use cut a rear subframe for the rear end use all the suspension parts off evo so youl have the evo aftermarket options. Basically anything endeavor used isnt going to hold power properly. Thats just a head start for you on your undertaking a lesson learned by the one on here. I dont remember his user name at the moment but someone will lol.
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:23 AM   #6 (permalink)
Basically Stock

2 AWD 4g's in North America from members on here, 1 in Russia. That's all I recall. Then a company with a shop in New York also was offering it, but only to automatics

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2017, 09:42 AM   #7 (permalink)

I wasnt trying to be negative but was focusing on being clear its not many of them lol but im a supporter for anyone who can do it or wants to if theres a will theres a way.
Old June 5th, 2017, 10:54 AM   #8 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Desert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really niceDesert Rat is just really nice
Everyone who's ran an AWD setup used the endeavor transmission (but not engine because its non-mivec) but its auto only and stuck at a 50/50 power split.
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
DR3

Name: Diego
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse SE (GS)
DR3 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Everyone who's ran an AWD setup used the endeavor transmission (but not engine because its non-mivec) but its auto only and stuck at a 50/50 power split.
That's no true. It was hypothesized that it would work for auto 4gs since it would bolt on easily. No one ever attempted it. All the awd 4gs use an evo 8/9 tran. Each person made a custom adapter plate from the tran to the engine.
What they all did use was the endeavor drivetrain since it's the only one that will work for the 4gs.
DR3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2017, 03:08 PM   #10 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR3 View Post
That's no true. It was hypothesized that it would work for auto 4gs since it would bolt on easily. No one ever attempted it. All the awd 4gs use an evo 8/9 tran. Each person made a custom adapter plate from the tran to the engine.
What they all did use was the endeavor drivetrain since it's the only one that will work for the 4gs.
My bad, the drivetrain must have been where I go confused, then. I thought at least one person did the endeavor tranny?
Old June 5th, 2017, 03:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
DR3

Nope. If they did they then there would be an awd auto 4g out there that we don't know about.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of that one NY company that Sabertooth^2 was talking about.
Old June 5th, 2017, 03:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Man, I wish I had as much knowledge on engine know how as much as 90% of all members on here.

Old June 5th, 2017, 05:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Quote:
Nope. If they did they then there would be an awd auto 4g out there that we don't know about.
Are you sure you aren't thinking of that one NY company that Sabertooth^2 was talking about.
Idk

Maybe I'm just dumb
Old June 5th, 2017, 06:58 PM   #14 (permalink)
Back For More

Thx for all the support guys. I do plan on getting the endeavor drivetrane including the transmission. I would love to have a manual but my wife doesn't like manual so auto it is. As for the 50/50 ratio... What does it matter, it's an AWD Eclipse. Ain't no complaints here. I will be using the Eclipse 3.8 not the endeavors since the Eclipse has more power. I'm lucky to have a wife that enjoys cars about as much as me. I also have 2 LKQ Pick your part yards within 30min from me, one being 10min so that will keep the cost of parts down. There are 3 06 4gs in one of those yards now and an endeavor in the other. Later when I do the turbo, I'll just Jack something from one of the hundreds of cards in the yards.
I just got done rebuilding a Porsche 928 5.0L engine and put it back in. Isn't running right so have to find out what the problem is with the electronics then in the garage will be the Eclipse. I'll end up rebuilding the 4cyl motor and selling it.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:31 PM   #15 (permalink)
0 - 60 Eventually

Perhaps we're mistaken, boys, this could be legit
Old June 5th, 2017, 07:59 PM   #16 (permalink)
DR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
Perhaps we're mistaken, boys, this could be legit
I feel like you're the only one who had doubts...
Old June 6th, 2017, 06:23 AM   #17 (permalink)

Dedication talks..all other walks. Keep on brother

Old June 6th, 2017, 10:18 AM   #18 (permalink)
Back For More

Once I get this dam Porsche out of my garage, the Eclipse is all mine. On another note, I sold my company in FL before moving to SC and I don't have to work but I am doing Mobile mechanic work and to majority of that 3k a month will go to the Eclipse.

Old June 6th, 2017, 11:16 AM   #19 (permalink)

The problem with the endeavor trans is the power it can recieve before failure. Thats what i was saying is the biggest negative it has and there arnt as many aftermarket parts as for evos which is why my sugestion is to find a donor evo for parts then sell whats not used for budget return. Otherwise you will pay more parting individually unless its a good deal youl be in 1,000s before you know it. Thats why a parts car if it has the parts you can use in good order would be beneficial. Just opinions from someone who has researched. The way i would go at it if my engine was gone and I had a second daily driver I would look for something that puts down better power stock with awd or even 4x4 but thats if i had a good budget. Ive been considering these things for awhile. But originally you stated you wanted a race car and the endeavor trans doubt itl hold much more than 300 some hp for anything more evo and other factory awds would be better options least id think.
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:18 AM   #20 (permalink)

Shoot thats a good budget you got there and good luck with your ventures on the side, with that budget you could figure something out forsure
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:25 AM   #21 (permalink)

if I keep my car til the engine blows il be considering a engine swap and awd. But right now the lil 4 cyl runs at 217,000 miles no rebuilds, i just have to get something reliable before I make mine a project. Already have a project car in the garage been waiting on my papa to get to feeling better so we can drop some money into the 80' vette weve got. Never have enough projects that are unfinished haha
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:32 AM   #22 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
I feel like you're the only one who had doubts...
+1
Old June 6th, 2017, 11:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Back For More

The reason for the endeavor trans is because it's and easier swap theoretically. With the evo, it would have to be all custom and I need an auto for my wife. I'm sure I can figure something out on the trans to beef it up a bit.

Old June 7th, 2017, 02:57 AM   #24 (permalink)

Awd eclipse -

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y7o6Xo6JlKo
Old June 7th, 2017, 05:10 AM   #25 (permalink)

Name: Stas
Vehicle: 2010 Galant9G 4G69MIVEC
stayer is a jewel in the roughstayer is a jewel in the rough
^^ this from Russia. This is my friend his name is Dennis. His dad and I classmates University. Now in Russia there are 4 AWD Eclipse.
stayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 7th, 2017, 07:11 AM   #26 (permalink)

Thats the first time i saw this one, wonder how much it cost them to do everything
Old June 7th, 2017, 08:09 AM   #27 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeynbandit View Post
Thats the first time i saw this one, wonder how much it cost them to do everything
specifically bought this car for AWD:
manual transmission Evo 6.
transfer Airtrek turbo
rear gear Endeavor
all drive shafts Endeavour
rear subframe Endeavour
the work was carried out at Neo.

Last edited by stayer; June 7th, 2017 at 08:35 AM.
Old June 7th, 2017, 09:34 AM   #28 (permalink)

Wish I could ship yall my car lol or order the full package of parts to install/weld. Im sure its a fun as hell car though, do you use it mainly in snow or is there other types of races you use it in .
Old June 7th, 2017, 12:27 PM   #29 (permalink)
DR3

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayer View Post
specifically bought this car for AWD:
manual transmission Evo 6.
transfer Airtrek turbo
rear gear Endeavor
all drive shafts Endeavour
rear subframe Endeavour
the work was carried out at Neo.
Wasn't this the 4g that NEO made a custom supercharger for?
Old June 7th, 2017, 02:03 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Wasn't this the 4g that NEO made a custom supercharger for?
Neo was only doing AWD for this car. The supercharger was done by Denis and his father alone. The Supercharger Rotrex. Got about 260 HP at the wheels.
Old June 7th, 2017, 02:24 PM   #31 (permalink)

Maybe you don't know, Neo bought another car. Now it's open top GS yellow. He is also now doing AWD for this car.

Old June 7th, 2017, 03:24 PM   #32 (permalink)
Back For More

I wonder if the evo X auto trans would be that difficult to install. I know there would have to be a addapter plate to mate the to but how hard would it be?

Old June 7th, 2017, 03:36 PM   #33 (permalink)

To connect the mechanical part EvoX is not a problem. The main problem is electronic control. You will be extremely difficult to configure Eclipse ECU for powertrain control Evo X.
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:44 PM   #34 (permalink)
Back For More

Quote:
To connect the mechanical part EvoX is not a problem. The main problem is electronic control. You will be extremely difficult to configure Eclipse ECU for powertrain control Evo X.
But why? Would it only be a matter of the wire harness?

Old June 7th, 2017, 03:51 PM   #35 (permalink)

If you want to keep the stock ECU Eclipse that is only two options, automatic transmission. W4A4B or W4A51. The first option for the stock power. The second option for power up to 600 HP
Old June 7th, 2017, 03:52 PM   #36 (permalink)
Back For More

How hard would it be with the 3.8, evo X auto trans, and a stand alone?

Old June 7th, 2017, 03:59 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zkdawg2 View Post
But why? Would it only be a matter of the wire harness?
You are wrong. It's more complicated than just wires. For example, the stock ECU Eclipse controls 4 forward gears. EvoX has 6 gears. Question. How will you include 5 and 6 gear?
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:00 PM   #38 (permalink)
DR3

Quote:
Neo was only doing AWD for this car. The supercharger was done by Denis and his father alone. The Supercharger Rotrex. Got about 260 HP at the wheels.
Then I'm thinking of someone else the name of the other awd supercharged 4g owner is Anton. I believe he has his 4g vinyl wrapped in purple.

But I do remember reading about Denis getting his awd swap for his 4g. I found the Russian forum where he posted it and tried my best to understand what was said through a translator.

Last edited by DR3; June 7th, 2017 at 04:02 PM.
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:08 PM   #39 (permalink)

Quote:
Then I'm thinking of someone else the name of the other awd supercharged 4g owner is Anton. I believe he has his 4g vinyl wrapped in purple.

But I do remember reading about Denis getting his awd swap for his 4g. I found the Russian forum where he posted it and tried my best to understand what was said through a translator.
Anton bought a car from Dennis. It's the same car.
Old June 7th, 2017, 04:21 PM   #40 (permalink)
Back For More

Quote:
You are wrong. It's more complicated than just wires. For example, the stock ECU Eclipse controls 4 forward gears. EvoX has 6 gears. Question. How will you include 5 and 6 gear?
How hard would it be with the 3.8, evo X auto trans, and a stand alone?

Tags
06 gt, 600, back, belt, body, broken, calipers, car, coilovers, conversion, day, exhaust, fiberglass, gs/se, hood, intake, kit, paint, race, racing, spoiler, suspension, tires, tune, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in