Andrew's 2009 Silver GS - Page 4 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 12th, 2013, 07:14 PM   #121 (permalink)

Name: Andrew
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS
ashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to all
It's an airborne sickness or something....I'm looking at the "best pic of your ride" thread and I see new pictures of the rides of Starmick and EclipseGTMonster and I think, "NICE. But needs to be lowered."

Before I put my springs on, and especially before I bought my springs, that was one of the most annoying comments another user could make, "Now LOWER it!"

Now it's one of the first things I notice that hasn't been done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 21st, 2013, 06:20 PM   #122 (permalink)

ashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to allashort is a name known to all
Reverse wheel dip -- Pulled dip off wheels. Pulled off wheels. Masked off wheel. Applied black dip to nasty old tires to hide the over-spray from the aforementioned dip experiment.

The car

The wheel/tire, two resolutions.

I had two cans of black dip and the nozzles on both were horrible. I was constantly wiping them with alcohol soaked towels. I don't think it looks bad for a temporary solution.

Look how clean the inside of the wheel is -through the spokes-and how much better that looks than road chow. Those aren't close to perfect and I still think they look fantastic.

I need to get to work on my brakes. Bought Duplicolor Yellow Engine Enamel today! I keep looking at EBC zinc-plated rotors and drooling.
Old May 2nd, 2013, 09:25 AM   #123 (permalink)

Placed my order for the RRE UDP with OrangeDemon today!

Could be a while since they've seen delays in fulfillment, but I've got patience for this one.

Timing Belt and water pump are scheduled to be done on Thursday night/Friday next week in my garage. I say "scheduled" because I'm taking a vacation day on Friday to make sure I have the time. And if it goes great and I'm done on Thursday night, I'll do more stuff on Friday.

Gotta make a list of the last few things I'm going to need:
  • BAR (big ass ratchet) to turn the engine.
  • BABOW - big ass block of wood to support the engine on my floor jack.
  • latex gloves - to handle the belt to prevent oil and dirt getting on it
  • 10 quarts anti-freeze
  • gasket sealant - for water pump
  • inspection mirror - for those tight spots

Pretty sure I have all the other parts and tools I need.

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #124 (permalink)

I wonder what this might be...

Hello, Beautiful! Doing anything this weekend?

JUST in time for my timing belt change, too! SWEET!

Old May 9th, 2013, 10:50 AM   #125 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Colten
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse GS 5 Speed
cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
Awesome!! Did it come with the new belt too or did you have to order it too??
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #126 (permalink)

The belt came with it, it was zip tied to the pulley. That was QUICK too, RRE must be coming off of, or in the middle of a run making them. When I first asked OD about ordering one, he said they were back-ordered. Then I waited a few weeks and pulled the trigger. They don't seem to be back-ordered right now. I was about to ping him for status, but I walked to the mailbox first.
Old May 9th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #127 (permalink)
Gamer

Name: Colten
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse GS 5 Speed
cmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to beholdcmturner is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashort View Post
The belt came with it, it was zip tied to the pulley. That was QUICK too, RRE must be coming off of, or in the middle of a run making them. When I first asked OD about ordering one, he said they were back-ordered. Then I waited a few weeks and pulled the trigger. They don't seem to be back-ordered right now. I was about to ping him for status, but I walked to the mailbox first.
well glad it wasn't backordered still
Old May 10th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #128 (permalink)

Just finished the RRE Underdrive Pulley. Wow that was easy. There are like 12 fasteners total, and 8 of those are just to access the space. I know I have to remove it again to do the timing belt, but this was a good warm-up.

I'll post pics when I do the timing belt. I HOPE I get to start that tomorrow. Didn't have time to dive into it today because I need to drive her so I can feed rugrats.

It was a good evening!
Old May 25th, 2013, 02:45 PM   #129 (permalink)

Just finished changing out the water pump, timing and balance shaft belts. Also swapped the balance shaft belt tensioner pulley, the timing belt tensioner pulley, timing belt tensioner arm, and timing belt idler pulley. They were all part of the Gates kit I ordered a couple of months ago.

Whoa. Serious job. Amazing.

I don't think I ever want to do that again.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:26 PM   #130 (permalink)

Old and New water pump. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that i went through the trouble to change this one out. I'm putting the old one on the shelf as a spare because there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it!

BTW, the Gates Kit mentioned earlier in my thread is exactly the kit you want to get for the GS.
Old May 25th, 2013, 04:39 PM   #131 (permalink)
meh...

Name: Scott
Vehicle: 07/4G/SE
TK421 is a name known to allTK421 is a name known to allTK421 is a name known to allTK421 is a name known to allTK421 is a name known to all
Yeaa... we knew you could do it.. Way to go Andrew
Old June 5th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #132 (permalink)

Name: Michael
eosrebel has a spectacular aura about
Hey man how are your struts holding up to the lowering springs? I'm looking at picking up the Pro Kits myself and have 53k miles on the stock struts right now and am trying to figure out if I should order the KYB struts while I'm at it.
eosrebel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2013, 10:11 PM   #133 (permalink)
2G Owner Turned 4G

Name: Lucas
Vehicle: 2007 GS
PhoenixWave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Old and New water pump. I have to say I'm a bit disappointed that i went through the trouble to change this one out. I'm putting the old one on the shelf as a spare because there doesn't appear to be anything wrong with it!

BTW, the Gates Kit mentioned earlier in my thread is exactly the kit you want to get for the GS.
Ashort! Hey - you're in Indiana?!? I live in Muncie. Just thought I'd give a shout out. Not many 4G people in my area ... let alone good imports in general. I'm sure the Indy area is much better. Know of any good car clubs or 4G clubs?? (not trying to hijack your thread)
PhoenixWave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2013, 07:35 AM   #134 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eosrebel View Post
Hey man how are your struts holding up to the lowering springs? I'm looking at picking up the Pro Kits myself and have 53k miles on the stock struts right now and am trying to figure out if I should order the KYB struts while I'm at it.
I'd like to move you toward KYBs. I'm curious myself about the handling/ride improvement. But I've not had any issues with my struts since going to springs. Mind you, I've been driving on them for only about 5000 miles so far, but: ZERO issues. Also, while I can drive spirited at times, I DO NOT PUSH my car to it's limits. I just don't. It's not worth the risk to my DD.

Also: Before you invest in new springs AND struts, consider the price difference to D2 or Megan coilovers. Either will be better than spring/struts. If they'd been in the budget, I never would have considered springs. you're looking at 500-600 for springs/struts, and 900-ish for those coilovers. And the coilover job will be much quicker, safer, and produce a better sprung car. Plus your ride height is adjustable.

But I bought my Eibach Prokits slightly used @ $150. The marketplace here is awesome! That plus an evening in the garage was all it took. I have zero complaints about my springs, because they do exactly what I expected them to do. No complaints. Loving the lower.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixWave View Post
Ashort! Hey - you're in Indiana?!? I live in Muncie. Just thought I'd give a shout out. Not many 4G people in my area ... let alone good imports in general. I'm sure the Indy area is much better. Know of any good car clubs or 4G clubs?? (not trying to hijack your thread)
I AM in Indiana, south of Indy in Greenwood, to be exact. Sometimes I make it up to Muncie. The only Jamba Juice in the state, outside of Merrillville, is on the Ball State campus. Jamba Juice is only one of my favorite things in the world. It could only be made better by one of my other favorite things in the world: rum.

I agree, we need "Moar 4G" in the Hoosier state!

Last edited by ashort; June 6th, 2013 at 07:38 AM.
ashort is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 6th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #135 (permalink)
2G Owner Turned 4G

Name: Lucas
Vehicle: 2007 GS
PhoenixWave is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I AM in Indiana, south of Indy in Greenwood, to be exact. Sometimes I make it up to Muncie. The only Jamba Juice in the state, outside of Merrillville, is on the Ball State campus. Jamba Juice is only one of my favorite things in the world. It could only be made better by one of my other favorite things in the world: rum.

I agree, we need "Moar 4G" in the Hoosier state!
Nice - I almost bought a 2G GST 2 years ago from a guy in Greenwood. Well if you ever hear of a 4G club of any sort - or know of any good car clubs I'd be down to hear about it.
PhoenixWave is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2013, 07:45 PM   #136 (permalink)

Just bought Daxenth's Kenwood 6x9s for my doors. Can't wait. Gonna have a "door project day" where I:
  • Put in the 6x9s
  • spray paint the big curvy piece of trim on the door a charcoal gray (vinyl paint from Duplicolor).
  • Reinforce the notoriously weak plastic door handles with epoxy.
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:30 PM   #137 (permalink)
Not Quite OG

Name: Lawless
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT
fellowsdrake is a jewel in the roughfellowsdrake is a jewel in the rough
hey how well does that scan gauge work? I'm looking into some more diagnostic and tuning stuff, but I'm not sure I want to clutter my car up with a triple gauge pod...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_4G View Post
Cheap, fast, reliable. You only get to choose 2..
fellowsdrake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2013, 04:38 PM   #138 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fellowsdrake View Post
hey how well does that scan gauge work? I'm looking into some more diagnostic and tuning stuff, but I'm not sure I want to clutter my car up with a triple gauge pod...
It's sniffing the same ODBII port stats that the Torque and DashCommand apps use, as well as any other ODBII scanner.

I like that it will show active and pending codes, and reset them - turn that check engine light RIGHT off if you want to.

You'll get more data on the screen with a smartphone app, ScanGauge will only show you 4 stats at a time (that's all the screen space it has). I rarely want to see more than that. I like these 5 and others: RPM, TPS, Water temp, intake temp, and MPG, so I change it up a bit from time to time.
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:35 PM   #139 (permalink)
Not Quite OG

Name: Lawless
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT
fellowsdrake is a jewel in the roughfellowsdrake is a jewel in the rough
Anything regarding air fuel mixture? Is it accurate? Is it worth the $140? I've been looking at the rev app and its 40$ app, plus the 25$ obd wifi adapter. But there hasn't been an update for it since 2010. That and I can't find any relevant reviews for it. I see more complaints of either not connecting or not reading parameters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom_4G View Post
Cheap, fast, reliable. You only get to choose 2..

Last edited by fellowsdrake; June 9th, 2013 at 05:54 PM.
fellowsdrake is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 12th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #140 (permalink)

Priced 30% window tint today. Local place that does nothing but that. $149 with lifetime guarantee. Done in 90 minutes with an appointment. He said, "you can either have 30% which is totally legal, or the 20%".

I was like, "Yeah...we're going to be completely legal when we're done". The tint is going to cost me $149 and NO more than that. =-D I'm excited!

I love it when mileage reimbursement pays for stuff like this.
Old July 7th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #141 (permalink)

Minor update. Today I painted the rear Mitsu logo with Duplicolor Shadow. I may just not have the hang of the Shadow treatment, but I can't see why I would go through all this trouble to paint something (a few coats of color followed by a few coats of clear) when What it comes out as is "gloss black". Why not just shoot it with gloss black? Anyway, I don't hate the result, and it is definitely an improvement.

I'm also buying tires in the next couple of weeks. Going with 4 of these: Hankook Ventus V4 ES H105 (1005995). I am WAY overdue and I need to replace them before my trip to Chicago in August.

And I'm bumping the width and diameter from stock: 235/50R17.

Old July 13th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #142 (permalink)

Made the appointment, placed the order. New tires on Monday!
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:19 AM   #143 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Are cops sticklers for dark tint around your area? Or are you a better safe than sorry kinda guy?

My Ride Thread: https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:27 AM   #144 (permalink)

"better safe than sorry". I've found that driving an Eclipse already puts a target on your head.
Old July 13th, 2013, 09:35 AM   #145 (permalink)
No Worries

tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
I don't blame you. You can see better at night too!

Old July 15th, 2013, 05:31 PM   #146 (permalink)

New Tires - Hankook Ventus V4 ES - 235/50R17
(on all four corners)

This morning she looked liked this:

Now she looks like this:

Before and After close-ups:

Whew! Made it. No blow-outs!

Last edited by ashort; August 20th, 2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old July 15th, 2013, 05:42 PM   #147 (permalink)
angel4g

Tournaments Won: 4

I really like how the wheels look! I gotta get me some spacers to.
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2013, 09:38 PM   #148 (permalink)

Ok, here's more reasons I LOVE my local garage:
  1. I originally asked for Achilles ATR Sports, and they would have had to order them and charge me more. The Hankooks they put on were ultimately cheaper and covered by road hazard from that shop. I could easily go with those Hankooks again.
  2. The tires were less than they said they would be, by about $30.
  3. I asked for an alignment "because I've put lowering springs on it". Seems like an invitation to charge me more money, doesn't it? When they called, "We did a free alignment check and it's fine, it doesn't need an alignment".
  4. I asked them to check the SRS system because I've had that red light on like, I don't know, forever? They told me the codes it was throwing, checked the faults, reset them, and now I don't have a red SRS light. No charge.
  5. When they called they said, "Did you know you had wheel spacers?" When I told them that "yes" I put them on there (I had meant to mention it when I left it there, but forgot). He said I should bring it back in a few weeks to have them re-torque everything. I told him it was ok, I put locktite red on the spacers and I have those wheels off more often than that anway.
Great place.
Old July 16th, 2013, 10:20 AM   #149 (permalink)

Places like that are exceedingly hard to find nowadays. That's three separate opportunities for them to charge you more money, but opted to not nickel and dime you to keep you coming back. They sound a lot like the place I go to, where they spent six hours diagnosing why the electronics in my Jeep were going haywire on the right side, didn't charge me anything for it and gave me an alternative solution, with a substantial guarantee that it will work, when the cost to replace the faulty part was more than the vehicle was worth. Gotta love good shops, I'm glad you've found one.
Old July 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM   #150 (permalink)

Matched Vinyl Eyelids
August 17, 2013

This was fun and quick. I ordered a 1' x 4' sheet of:
3M GLOSS White Aluminum G120 Scotchprint Car Wrap Vinyl Film 1080 Series

Took less than a half hour. I can't believe how well this vinyl matches the A33 paint color. It is very close to the same shade, and has the same granular metallic finish. Nice. I used 18" of a 4' roll to do this. $17 for eyelids, zero fitment issues, and I have 5/8 of the roll left.

Driver's Side

Passenger Side

Passenger Side in the Sun

Last edited by ashort; August 20th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
Old August 20th, 2013, 11:00 AM   #151 (permalink)

Painted Front Brake Calipers
July 29, 2013

This is a good use of vacation time. A $10 rattle can of Duplicolor Yellow Engine Enamel. I pulled the brackets. I wished I had a proper parts cleaning bench. Wire brush, drip pan, and brake cleaner was a decent substitute. I cleaned and air-dried the brackets, then sprayed the engine enamel directly on them. This is at least 4 coats of it.

I did the same thing with the calipers, but I did not remove them from the car. I hung them from the spring with safety wire, scrubbed them down, taped them off, and sprayed them.

The finished product:

If the Duplicolor holds up to the brake dust, I'll use the rest of the can on the rears in a month or so.
Old August 20th, 2013, 10:49 PM   #152 (permalink)
No Worries

Nice you went all out and actually removed the calipers! I'm not man enough for that yet haha

Old September 15th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #153 (permalink)
angel4g

Tournaments Won: 4

Wow those eyelids look great! Can't even tell the difference in color. Very nice man
  Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 16th, 2013, 08:39 AM   #154 (permalink)
Afleete

Name: David
Vehicle: 2008 Lexus ISF
Spooky pantz will become famous soon enough
eyelids look perfect, I ordered the offset AEM filter for my DC intake. Time for a filter change so we will see how it does
Old November 1st, 2013, 10:49 AM   #155 (permalink)

I like my 35W 6000K Hi/Lo HID lights better than the stock incandescent bulbs. However, it's time to go whiter and brighter. Just ordered another kit from DDM Tuning: 55W 5000K Hi/Lo.

It's cheaper by about $13 to order another kit than to order bulbs and ballasts separate.
Old November 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM   #156 (permalink)

Quote:
I like my 35W 6000K Hi/Lo HID lights better than the stock incandescent bulbs. However, it's time to go whiter and brighter. Just ordered another kit from DDM Tuning: 55W 5000K Hi/Lo.

It's cheaper by about $13 to order another kit than to order bulbs and ballasts separate.
Do you have fogs yet or do you plan on ever getting any? I currently have the 35W hi/lo 5000k just ordered my second set of HIDs from them to go to 55w but ordered 9145 bulbs instead of another pair of H13's. I don't need another hi/lo harness and already have replacement bulbs on hand, so when the new kit comes in I'll swap out the 35w ballasts for the 55's, and move the 35w ones down to the 9145's for fogs.
Old November 3rd, 2013, 09:36 PM   #157 (permalink)

No fogs yet, but re-using the ballasts for them is a great idea.
Old December 15th, 2013, 06:17 AM   #158 (permalink)

55W 5K HIDs
December 15, 2013

I think this was the right move. Driver's side is 55W 5K, passenger side is 55W 6K. 55W 5K's are the ones for me.

Old December 15th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #159 (permalink)

Good call there. I personally think the 5000k look so much cleaner with it being pure white without the hint of blue on the 6000k.
Old December 16th, 2013, 01:21 AM   #160 (permalink)

Name: Shane
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
Biskitking is on a distinguished road
Nice!

Years of working in autobody/full service shops have made me a little jaded to some types of mods people do to their rides, ESPECIALLY in the Lone Star State where there is more Krylon paintjobs than any other state.. but, I have to admit, you have a great eye for detail and your commitment to showing off and recording the mods on here, is a testement to taste and refinement. Wonderful job, keep up the great work, and last but not least, ENJOY it! You have definitely earned it. Awesome!
Biskitking is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2009, art, cover, dash, eclipse, engine, engine cover, gauge, ipod, kit, light, lights, list, manifold, mods, mount, rear, remove, resonator, silver, silver gs, starting, swap, throttle

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in