Wolf LeVay's 2006 Eclipse GT Build Thread - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Member's Rides

Member's Rides Showcase pictures of your ride here. Members also use this forum to nominate for Car of The Month.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 12th, 2016, 01:39 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Aiden Atkins
Vehicle: 2006 Mitsubishi EclipseGT
Wolf_LeVay is on a distinguished road
Wolf LeVay's 2006 Eclipse GT Build Thread

This is the current build on my car. I plan on modding and improving on her once her current issues are fixed. This is also a current list of what mods I have found on the car from when I bought it

ENGINE:
• MIVEC 3.8L V6
• K&N Typhoon Air Intake
• Customer Headers (unknown manufacturer)
• GReddy Exhuast

Suspension:
• Lowered Coils and Struts (unknown manufacturer)

Exterior:
• 2006-2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse LED Tail Lights : Black : Spec-D LT-ELP06JMLED-TM
• 2006-2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse LED Dual Halo Projector Headlights : : Spec-D 2LHP-ELP06-TM

Wheels and Tires:
• Stock wheels
• Goodyear 225/50Z/R17

What I would like to do:
• Twin Turbo Setup (if possible and if I can learn to do this)
• Two-tone paint
• Audio
• Improve HP
• Improve Handling
• 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse V6 3.8L SP Cold Air Intake Polished : Injen INJ-SP1873P
• 2006-2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse Duraflex Demon Body Kit - 4 Piece
• 2006-2010 Mitsubishi Eclipse MOD GT Fiberglass Hood : ITZ B-MIEC06-MOGTHD
• 2006-2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse Duraflex Spirit Wing Trunk Lid Spoil : Duraflex 104209
• 1990-2011 Mitsubishi Eclipse BT500 Racing Bucket Seat (Black) : Megan Racing MR-RS-B5BK
• 2000-2006 Mitsubishi Eclipse Godspeed Project MonoSS Coilover Sus : Godspeed Project MSS0460
• 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Tanabe Sustec Front Strut Tower Bar : Tanabe TTB114F
• 2006-2009 Mitsubishi Eclipse Bolt-On Vertical Door Conversion Kit : Vertical Doors Inc VDI-vdk-99

Last edited by Wolf_LeVay; February 13th, 2016 at 07:19 PM.
Wolf_LeVay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 12th, 2016, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
No Worries

Name: Tim
Vehicle: 2009 Eclipse GS Auto
tcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to alltcsoccer09 is a name known to all
Looks solid man. Is that a poorly neglected carbon fiber hood?

My Ride Thread: https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...09s-09-gs.html
tcsoccer09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2016, 02:47 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsoccer09 View Post
Looks solid man. Is that a poorly neglected carbon fiber hood?
I have no idea what the idea for the hood was. I am going to be looking around at scrap yards later to find a replacement or seeing what hoods are on the market. That is the most messed up piece on the body at the moment besides the front bumper cover not being 100% secured to the body (the guy left two bolts unattached under the head lamps)

Old February 12th, 2016, 02:55 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Daniel
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Pharaoh is on a distinguished road
It's weird because the hood on my Eclipse is also the most messed up part of the car as well. It's rusted right through...whereas the rest of the car has no rust at all.
Pharaoh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 12th, 2016, 02:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
It's weird because the hood on my Eclipse is also the most messed up part of the car as well. It's rusted right through...whereas the rest of the car has no rust at all.
YEP! there are rust spots forming on the hood when I looked at it. I was thinking of patching it and sanding down the crap on the hood to repaint it, but I have to look at the cost of doing that myself vs. just finding and placing a new hood on it.
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:01 PM   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, I wanted to repair mine too because they aren't cheap. But like I said it's rusted right through. I finally found a supplier here in Canada that is getting it for me for $300 CAD. which isn't too bad.
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh View Post
Yeah, I wanted to repair mine too because they aren't cheap. But like I said it's rusted right through. I finally found a supplier here in Canada that is getting it for me for $300 CAD. which isn't too bad.
That is not bad at all. There are a few 'wrecked' eclipses in the scrap yards on the bad side of town and a few in Orlando that I can go check out. If they do not charge me too much to pull the hood myself then I think that will be a much more efficient way to deal with my hood. But for you, 300 CAD does not sound bad. that would be 216 USD for me, I think I am exact on that exchange, which I would take that deal in a heart beat.
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:07 PM   #8 (permalink)

If you've got them in scrap yards down there then you're lucky...you'll get one for cheap.

I couldn't find any up here in the local scrap yards.
Old February 12th, 2016, 03:09 PM   #9 (permalink)

I know that we have eclipses in the scrap yards.. but not necessarily the same year or type as mine. I have to drive to them to check it out and see what I find. Though I am a bit optimistic about it.

What I do know is that I am going to be putting a lot of time and love into this car since it has been a dream to have a 4g eclipse.

Tags
06 eclipse, 2006, 3.8l, air, car, eclipse, eclipse gt, engine, exterior, halo, handling, headers, list, lowered, mivec, modding, mods, setup, stock, struts, suspension, tires, turbo, twin turbo, wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in