Eclipse MR vs.... built GS-t Eclipse and tuned g35 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Motorsports (Racing)

Motorsports (Racing) Discuss your most recent competitive automotive efforts here.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 17th, 2008, 08:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Asteroids Revenge Champion!Tournaments Won: 12

Vehicle: Corvette C6.R, SRT4 ACR
360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Eclipse MR vs.... built GS-t Eclipse and tuned g35 with videos

This was a great race to test the new mods I got. My buddy called me up and said he got his GS-T running (had a messed up radiator) and he wanted to run me. Specs on the GS-T is..... 16g turbo, hard pipes, hks blow-off valve, full turbo back 3" exhaust, and tuned at dynoformance to 240whp. Remember now that this is the same dyno I dynoed at 244whp. So that would put a lighter car pushing pretty much what I was.

The race went like this. The first one he got the jump and I had to pull him till I had about half a car at 100 mph. Second was from a 30mph roll and I pulled him about a car at 100mph. His car ran really good and I was impressed. I was also impressed with my car and the mods I just put into it.

Then we pulled over at zaxby's and everybody started coming to check out the cars. (we had a mr-2 chase car and each of us had a guy in the car shooting the shit with a camera... which I will try to get for you guys) Then a guys with a g35 started talking trash to the guy with the GS-T and they said that they would take it to the interstate. (which I don't like to do at all) but he wanted me to run too so I got suckerd in. We lined up on the interstate and it is a def that I am the fastest car there, not by much but still the fastest. Every time the G35 and myself line up and go I pull him by 2 cars then it is dead even as in I don't pull any... in fact when we reach high speeds it is dead even all the way up to 140mph (fuel cut for me).

The G35 had intake, intake spacers, and tuned. It was a 04 and was the one that had the Brembos from the factory.

They were good races and I think My car held up nice

Next up: Comp cam, Yella Terra rocker arms... Hello 450whp!!!!

Last edited by 360jeepboy; March 18th, 2008 at 10:26 AM.
360jeepboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:25 PM   #2 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute360jeepboy has a reputation beyond repute
Well I checked on youtube and I found it... We raced many times and this was the frist one... and the shitty one cause I hit fuel cut for a sec and you can see him start to pull then I start pulling back on him. Plus on the honks I was just a little ahead of him.

Last edited by Russ; March 24th, 2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Sleeper

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT Plus
pdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond reputepdiddy1995 has a reputation beyond repute
i cant see the movie
pdiddy1995 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Last edited by 360jeepboy; March 24th, 2008 at 04:55 PM.
Old March 17th, 2008, 09:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

I don't know why it is not embeding... here is the link.

YouTube - eclipse gt v6 vs gst upgraded 16g turbo

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:30 PM   #6 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Ok he did put up the second...

YouTube - eclipse gt v6 vs gst upgraded turbo 16g ROUND 2

This ones better.

Old March 17th, 2008, 09:33 PM   #7 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

See the second on I pulled him pretty good but the first one I hit fuel cut so he pulled a little and I coudn't pull enough before we stoped.

Old March 18th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
SOMEONE HAD TO BUY A GS..

jb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond reputejb4g has a reputation beyond repute
very nice sir
jb4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 18th, 2008, 02:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
The Dark Side

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Vader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond reputeVader6 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice runs man
2006 Kalapana Black Eclipse GT, Sportronic, Blackout Badge, Grill Delete, Ralliart Eyelids, No DRL, 3" Header Back Exhaust Dump off the Rear Axle, Momo Shift Knob and Pedals, H13/H11 8K HID, LED Interior Lights, 35% Tint, Dual Rockford Fosgate P1 In A Custom Sub Box/ T400-2 Amp...Coming Soon: Painted Rims (Black)
Vader6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 20th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)

Tech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant future
Good videos! I need to get a better camcorder for my videos
Tech_Greek is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #11 (permalink)

blankdisc is on a distinguished road
G35 must have had the bad driver mod, my buddys got a G35.

G35 Sport 6MT Sedan - 262whp/230wtq - 13.82 @ 102 mph His best run.
blankdisc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #12 (permalink)
Club4G Admin

Tournaments Won: 4

Name: Russ Sanderlin
Russ has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond reputeRuss has a reputation beyond repute
Fixed the HTML embedding, sorry about that.
Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2008, 03:06 PM   #13 (permalink)

raydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant futureraydawg has a brilliant future
did you have somebody else in your car with you as well?
raydawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Thanks Russ!

Yes there was a person in each car. Hollywood was shooting in my car and Alex was shotting in Daniels. You can actually see the person in my car if you watch close.

Blankdisc..... What are you talking about the G35 had a bad driver... I have beat them worse then that before and I thought it did pretty good. Maybe you should take a look at the mods again. Trust me am running way faster in the 1320 then a [email protected]

Old March 24th, 2008, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 eclipse gt
eclipse2006 is on a distinguished road
sweet runs
eclipse2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 24th, 2008, 06:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Thanks.... I'm going to the dyno tomorrow morning to see what I gained.

Old March 25th, 2008, 10:57 AM   #17 (permalink)

If your dyno results show you putting down more than 250 I'll think about it being true. Wheres the vid of the run against the g35?
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:02 PM   #18 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

OMG are you saying you don't believe me?... I doubt a G35 will put down 250whp on the dyno I'm running on so I don't know where your coming from.

About the videos... there on Hollowoods camera and I haven't talked to him and I don't think he has put them up.

I'm wanting to flame you real bad for trying to call BS but as a mod I am keeping myself under controll.... I just want you to look at the mods and think for a sec....

Old March 25th, 2008, 01:13 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 360jeepboy View Post
OMG are you saying you don't believe me?... I doubt a G35 will put down 250whp on the dyno I'm running on so I don't know where your coming from.

About the videos... there on Hollowoods camera and I haven't talked to him and I don't think he has put them up.

I'm wanting to flame you real bad for trying to call BS but as a mod I am keeping myself under controll.... I just want you to look at the mods and think for a sec....
Like I said my buddies numbers are as followed is in his G35, 262whp/230wtq - 13.82 @ 102 mph

Thats before the high flow cats and 4.083 R&P set

We'll compare numbers when you get your recent numbers. I will find some videos of his passes and get his dyno results to show you. His is an 08 so that may be the difference.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:38 PM   #20 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06GT and 06H3
texas4g is a jewel in the roughtexas4g is a jewel in the rough
Is his 08 G35 4 door? I think the only coupe now is g37, and it has 3.7-liter V6 with 330hp.
texas4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:42 PM   #21 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

I don't think the 08 G35 got the power bump that the 07 350Z did but I could be wrong.

Also you putting up his numbers vs. my numbers isn't going to get you anywhere because there are so many other factors in dyno numbers that it doesn't mean shit to compair them if there not on the same dyno same day. So that will say nothing. Now what I will be looking at is the 1/4 mile times and I assure you I am going faster then a [email protected] Reardrive was doing a faster time with a higher trap then that and all he had was intake, headers, and axle back... his time was a [email protected] with a 2.0 60' Where as my time right now (on a g-tech) is 13.7 @107mph and a 2.3 60'..... When I hit the track it should come down some.

That 4.083 gear will help him out on bottom end but will hurt him a little on top.... what was the gear from the factory?

Old March 25th, 2008, 01:43 PM   #22 (permalink)

2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 6MT Sedan, sedan meaning 4 door :-D
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Well my friends is a Coupe... which really should be faster....

Old March 25th, 2008, 01:50 PM   #24 (permalink)

Quote:
Well my friends is a Coupe... which really should be faster....

Not sure what the factory gear is, hes having him timing taken up 2 ticks as well. I am waiting for him to get on to see if he has videos of his passes. If not sure we have a track 10 minutes from us. He's having his gears installed on the 29th and then track afterwards. I'll let ya know what he runs.
Old March 25th, 2008, 01:56 PM   #25 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Well I hope I will be tuned with a clutch by May so I can show you some 4g times a vids to go with it.

Old March 25th, 2008, 01:59 PM   #26 (permalink)

Vehicle: 06GT and 06H3
texas4g is a jewel in the roughtexas4g is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by blankdisc View Post
2008 Infiniti G35 Sport 6MT Sedan, sedan meaning 4 door :-D
Yea did not see it on top of the page. But let us know what time he gets , because i raced few 06 and older G35 with intake and exhaust and never lost.
texas4g is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 02:37 PM   #27 (permalink)

You know jeep, an aero kit would look nice on that. :-D
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:37 PM   #28 (permalink)
Aviator

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/Gt
EclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond reputeEclipseFL07 has a reputation beyond repute
Nice kills, I have no doubt the g35 was killed even though there is no videos yet. Look at all the mods on Jeeps eclipse, I think it's one of the fastest N/A's on the forums

Selling OEM brakes (rotors, pads) - low miles
EclipseFL07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 25th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #29 (permalink)

Tech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant futureTech_Greek has a brilliant future
G35 got pawnt - period...

As far as a 13.8 - if someone as dumb as reardrive can run a 13.5 with just bolt on's I have NO doubt that jeepboy is MUCH faster lol

I can tell you right now, I've RAPED more 14.1/14.2 second cars (that have time slips to prove it) on BOTTOM END and on TOP END in the past few weeks than I ever have - and I have a lot LESS than other people.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:07 PM   #30 (permalink)

Heres his track slips

Like I said he will be going back soon with his cats and new gears.

Heres the dyno results.

No videos of the passes but I'll make sure to get some next him he hits the track which will be very soon.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #31 (permalink)

The 08' G35 is a LOT different than the 06' or so...
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:16 PM   #32 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Greek View Post
The 08' G35 is a LOT different than the 06' or so...
Yeah I said that his was an 08 many posts back.
Old March 26th, 2008, 04:52 PM   #33 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

Plus the guys I raced was an 04 Sport 6sp.

I would say on A dynojet I should be hitting over 300whp or right at... but once again it just depends on the dyno and the way the person has it hooked up... too many variables to say his car puts down more hp on X dyno then you do on Y dyno so he has to be faster and there is no way you could bet one.

Old March 26th, 2008, 05:03 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Plus the guys I raced was an 04 Sport 6sp.

I would say on A dynojet I should be hitting over 300whp or right at... but once again it just depends on the dyno and the way the person has it hooked up... too many variables to say his car puts down more hp on X dyno then you do on Y dyno so he has to be faster and there is no way you could bet one.
Man its hard to see you picking up 40 hp with those mods, espically putting down over 300 to the wheel when the stock 263 is rated at the flywheel.
Old March 26th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #35 (permalink)
Eclipse MR

I picked up 30+ with just a Axle back, RRE headers, and an AEM coldair intake.

And once again on the dyno thing.... I am saying on a dyno jet I should be right at or a little above 300whp... on the dyno I go do I am hoping for 270-275whp... which is a totally different dyno then a dynojet.

Old March 26th, 2008, 06:13 PM   #36 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankdisc View Post
Man its hard to see you picking up 40 hp with those mods, espically putting down over 300 to the wheel when the stock 263 is rated at the flywheel.
Wow, apparently you know nothing about the 4G and the 6G75 motor do you?
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:34 PM   #37 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech_Greek View Post
Wow, apparently you know nothing about the 4G and the 6G75 motor do you?
Your right I don't, but looking at peoples dyno numbers on here (220-230 WHP) I don't see how hes going to pull those numbers.

When I see the results I will change my mind, I'm not saying hes wrong, I don't know much about the 4gs at all. I just know a lot of people THINK it should make so much power, but I haven't seen any dynos showing that much of a gain with his adders.

Espically when the RIPP Mods eclipse is only putting down 307 on the stage 1

Last edited by blankdisc; March 26th, 2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:40 PM   #38 (permalink)

Ripp has been pulling 40+ WHP on dynos every single time with long tube headers, a brat, and an intake...

RRE's are short tube, so they SHOULDN'T make as much power (keyword, SHOULDN'T) but they are still nothing to snuff at, if you've ever seen the 6G75 Exhaust layout then you'll understand WHY they make so much power.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:42 PM   #39 (permalink)

Stage ONE WHEEL HP on pump gas:
-260WHP Eclipse Manuel transmission (Estimated)
-240WHP Eclipse Automatic transmission

For it to put out that power with the added parts supporting the supercharger, I don't see how one with no supercharger will put out more power.

Edit: I see thats for the GS, Sorry.
Old March 26th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #40 (permalink)

LOL, I was about to say - what numbers are you looking at?

YouTube - RIPP 4th Gen Eclipse GT-V6 -6spd Supercharger Stg 2 430WHP

Tags
back, car, cars, dead, eclipse, exhaust, factory, fuel, good, hks, intake, mods, race, radiator, turbo, valve, video

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in