How To Guide Narrowband Afr Gauge Install - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Do It Yourself Guides (Howto) > Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:17 AM   #1 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Narrowband Afr Gauge Install

Got this off evolutionm.net thought someone could use it. Originally posted by "redlne8"

This is a general "How To" on installing an A/F guage. -

Tools needed:

*18 Guage wire
*Wire Nuts/Electrical Tape
*Wire Stripper
*Drill
*X-ACTO Knife
*Patience

1. Start out by routing the RED wire from your A/F guage to a +12V ignigion supply
(a very easy tap would be to your ACC line on your car's CD head unit).

2. Route the black wire to a good ground connection and secure tightly.

3. The third wire will be the one we use to tap into the O2 sensor. You will need to drill a small hole in your firewall to route the wire down through your engine bay and back to the O2 sensor (I drilled mine right below the throttle cable). Be careful the wire does not get too close your your exhaust piping! For this step I did a "cheater" way if you are leary about actually splicing or cutting anything. You want to pull the sleve cover back and then shave the insulation off the BLUE wire of your O2 sensor. Once you have a good inch of wire exposed wrap the last wire (that you routed) from the A/F guage around this exposed portion and tape up tightly to prevent moisture. Slide black sleeve that cover O2 Sensor wires back over and your done.
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Elitist Prick

Name: Jason
Vehicle: 2013 Lancer GT
Xero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to behold
Or, If you have the FIC, just tap into the O2 line there.

Nobody with a good car needs to be justified. -Flannery O'Connor
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Diamond Dog

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 2007/GT/MT
sample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nicesample07 is just really nice
Of course these are pointless gauges unless you just want to make sure you're not running super lean.

Also i don't know about the GS but on the GT the stock harness goes through the driver side wheel well and is a great place to run wires. No drilling required and looks stock!
RRE Headers, Progress Springs, Injen CAI, Isotta Pedals, Poly Front Motor Mount, Tanabe Axle, back, TB Bypass, Rear Windshield Washer Delete, Rear Seat Delete, DRL Delete, Glowshift Gauge Pod, 6000K HID's, Centric Slotted Rotors Lowest timed run 13.984 @ 102.17mph My Garage Indycarz.com Admin
sample07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:37 AM   #4 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
Yeh true that. This is mostly for people who don't have fic, or have the reflash and don't want to buy a wideband.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Yeah that is where I run my wires too. Reminder, this was taken out of the lancer ralliart section on evolutionm.net. So some things may be different.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
REDLINE

Galaga Space Invaders Champion!
Name: Tanner
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Boatright is a glorious beacon of lightBoatright is a glorious beacon of lightBoatright is a glorious beacon of lightBoatright is a glorious beacon of light
ill be using this soon. Id rep you if I could.

OBX longtubes, SRI, Helix TB spacer, Stiffy, Flowmaster, RL Cutout,
EVO wing, halo fogs, black projectors, Konig sideways, 09 front end swap, Kicker SS.
Boatright is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
I have a hacked off o2 with the two black wires, white power (lolol), and blue sensor wire. From my glow shift gauge, its a green wire. Could i use that o2, or do i have to use an existing one?

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:03 PM   #8 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by PearlGreenNMean View Post
I have a hacked off o2 with the two black wires, white power (lolol), and blue sensor wire. From my glow shift gauge, its a green wire. Could i use that o2, or do i have to use an existing one?
can you take a pic of what your saying man? I'll peek into my engine bay on lunch and compare it to my sensor. It should work. Just tap into the blue wire. If it doesn't work, then just snip your glowshift wire and try another sensor.
Old May 23rd, 2012, 01:01 PM   #9 (permalink)
Elitist Prick

Name: Jason
Vehicle: 2013 Lancer GT
Xero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to beholdXero is a splendid one to behold
It has to be an active, powered O2 sensor.

Nobody with a good car needs to be justified. -Flannery O'Connor
Xero is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:26 PM   #10 (permalink)
Got Stance??? i dont :(

Name: Dann
Vehicle: 2010 Evo X MR
MFTK is a jewel in the roughMFTK is a jewel in the rough
the 2nd gauge is the air/fuel ratio i did mine to the upper o2 sensor (GT)
VID00021 - YouTube

its annoying always bouncing around lol
MFTK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2012, 11:55 AM   #11 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by MFTK View Post
the 2nd gauge is the air/fuel ratio i did mine to the upper o2 sensor (GT)
VID00021 - YouTube

its annoying always bouncing around lol
thanks for the vid dude!
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Got Stance??? i dont :(

Name: Dann
Vehicle: 2010 Evo X MR
MFTK is a jewel in the roughMFTK is a jewel in the rough
np. i gotta get a better one that ones when i got it done last year.. that damn needle bounces so much mor ethen that lol
MFTK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 24th, 2012, 12:18 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: Cleo
Vehicle: 06/eclipse/gt-p
dream_come_true is a jewel in the roughdream_come_true is a jewel in the rough
Do the digitals bounce numbers like that too ?
Old May 24th, 2012, 02:33 PM   #14 (permalink)
Much Parts, Little Money.

Name: George Platt
Vehicle: 2009/Eclipse/GS
PearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to beholdPearlGreenNMean is a splendid one to behold
The digital is more precise. So it will seem that way. And alright thanks xero. I spliced my pre cat sensors into one sensor THUS having an extra O2 sensor. Lol. But i'll just splice into the little blue wire.

HAVE: Full Bolt On - OBX headers, cai, RRE pulley, Aero Turbine, Projectors, Hackish tune, D2 Coilovers, Volt stabilizer, eibach sways, under brace & strut tower bar tanabe
SOON: Turbo w/ arp head studs, mounts.
WANT: Ingals Stiffy... Hmu if you're selling <3
PearlGreenNMean is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
afr, art, back, bay, black, blue, car, connection, cover, electrical, engine, exhaust, gauge, general, good, head, how to, install, o2 sensor, uni

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in