How To Guide Install BC coilover extenders - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Do It Yourself Guides (Howto) > Performance

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 1st, 2012, 12:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Name: joeyc
Vehicle: 2006 ECLIPSE GT
JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
Install BC coilover extenders

*THIS IS HOW TO INSTALL REAR EXTENDERS FOR THE BC BR COILOVERS!

*I purchased them at Auto city Imports.
*Install was rather simple:
1-Remove all 3 plastic covers in your trunk.(left side,rightside,&under hatch)
2-Locate the access point to the top of coilovers.(small hole behind plastics)
3-slip the extenders over the top of the dampner switch and titen allen screw to it.
4-thats it ur done-Put car back together(make sure to clean plastics)

extender

Extender cap w/allen screw

side plastic 1.

Plastic removed(you can see I put extender on)

(here is where extender screws on to)

Here is whats is looks like at the end

plastic removal-here are majority of screws-not hard to find.

Old June 2nd, 2012, 08:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
-cruzer-

JoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to allJoeyC is a name known to all
bump
Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
Nice write up man.

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 3rd, 2012, 12:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Hard Core 4ger

Name: Joe
Vehicle: 08 Eclipse GT-SC
joeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant futurejoeyb has a brilliant future
wonder if they's work for the D2s...

~347 WHP / ~309 WTQ / ~6 lbs Boost
joeyb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Hmm if there just little nobbys at the top that turn left and right then im sure they will! I love this mod so far its made out for a quick ride change!!! nite n day diffrences!
Old June 4th, 2012, 01:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
good write up man, if I could rep you I would
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 10:07 AM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Haydn
Vehicle: 2006/Mitsubishi/EclipseGT
thehumorousoneruckesss is on a distinguished road
This write up helped me out a lot on sunday. I had went to a friends house which is a mechanic that helped me get my BC coilovers put on, Thought i was going to have to drill holes in my plastic, untill i seen this thread that same morning and thought, I think im going to have to try this method out. It worked just like a charm. Much Appreciated!!

*GAS PRICES* Still An EveryDay Driver.....
thehumorousoneruckesss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumorousoneruckesss View Post
This write up helped me out a lot on sunday. I had went to a friends house which is a mechanic that helped me get my BC coilovers put on, Thought i was going to have to drill holes in my plastic, untill i seen this thread that same morning and thought, I think im going to have to try this method out. It worked just like a charm. Much Appreciated!!
hell yah glad to help!I was going to take mine to the shop cuz I wasnt sure how in the world to get to the tops-But I just tried it my self 1rst and bam it was super easy and fun.
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Haydn
Vehicle: 2006/Mitsubishi/EclipseGT
thehumorousoneruckesss is on a distinguished road
I know, at 1st I didn't think it was gonna work, because of how bent the extender was, just to get it to pop out that open plastic part, but I seen how it still turned with no problems, I e-rep'd ya for this one! Makes life so much easier like this. I still got all 4 of mine set at 8,I'm lovin this new suspension kit. Wheel Spacers next for me just still trying to decide on what size I wanna go with.. Once again this did help out a lot!! Good Thinkin..

*GAS PRICES* Still An EveryDay Driver.....
thehumorousoneruckesss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
UV Blue Crew

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Honda Civic Si
jhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to beholdjhun35 is a splendid one to behold
I can't wait for coils!! Hopefully I'll have them by christmas hehehe I'm definitely going to get the extenders and make good use of this thread.
jhun35 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Fabguy
Vehicle: 2007 eclipse GT-T
fabguy is a jewel in the roughfabguy is a jewel in the rough
Good write up. I've been looking for these. I'll be ordering these for my BC's shortly.

"This is it... The moment we should have trained for."
fabguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 5th, 2012, 11:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
-cruzer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehumorousoneruckesss View Post
I know, at 1st I didn't think it was gonna work, because of how bent the extender was, just to get it to pop out that open plastic part, but I seen how it still turned with no problems, I e-rep'd ya for this one! Makes life so much easier like this. I still got all 4 of mine set at 8,I'm lovin this new suspension kit. Wheel Spacers next for me just still trying to decide on what size I wanna go with.. Once again this did help out a lot!! Good Thinkin..
lol yah me to I was liek dam I gotta cut holes but then I seen the removable cover in the plastic.and like you It turned just perfect!Mine are set to hard in front soft in back?I gotta play with them more.I was just tryen to reduce the bounce as much as I could for my lady-I like that shit soft!!!Thanks again

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhun35 View Post
I can't wait for coils!! Hopefully I'll have them by christmas hehehe I'm definitely going to get the extenders and make good use of this thread.

There amazing I take freeway curves at 100 + sometimes(when safe0 .This morning I pulled a movie stunt Kinda by accident I made a right turn at 30 mph and cut off tons of traffic -I droped it into 1rst spinnen around the turn then slammed 2nd ans was gone!lol hella fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabguy View Post
Good write up. I've been looking for these. I'll be ordering these for my BC's shortly.
you wont regret it!!
Old June 8th, 2012, 07:50 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: Brady
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
silent has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyb View Post
wonder if they's work for the D2s...
I'd like to know this too. Would make life easier if they were compatible. I might try and order these when my D2's are shipped.

Great write up JoeyC!
silent is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 9th, 2012, 09:40 AM   #14 (permalink)
-cruzer-

dam these really are a must have if you have coilovers and are dropped!!!
Old July 10th, 2012, 04:19 PM   #15 (permalink)
a=dv/dt

Name: Matthew
Vehicle: 2008 ECLIPSE GS
Matt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond reputeMatt-Man has a reputation beyond repute
shouldn't this be moved to suspension?

Selling E4E rear and sides, will need to be refinished and repainted. Pm me
Matt-Man is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 11th, 2012, 11:16 AM   #16 (permalink)
-cruzer-

yah Not sure how it was put in performance?
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:10 AM   #17 (permalink)
VIP User

Name: Raul
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Canadian-steel will become famous soon enough
I might try this. I got my coilovers installed about a month and a half ago but because the extensions didn't come back in time I didn't put them on that day.
I was quit comfortable with the ride so I haven't bothered installing the extensions but now that I think about it... I might wanna change the stiffness of the ride just so I know how it feels like. Right now I'm running 22 at the front and 18 at the back... I have 30% tire profile so I'm pretty low and I can feel all the little bumps on the road already, therefore I don't know if I want more stiffness than that.
Canadian-steel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2013, 01:11 AM   #18 (permalink)
VIP User

I was gonna sell them actually but I might just install them.
Canadian-steel is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 5th, 2013, 10:38 PM   #19 (permalink)
VIP User

I finally did it and it works perfect.

Tags
auto, back, bc br, car, coilover, coilovers, how to, install, rear, removal, remove, screw, switch, top

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in