Power loss when shifting in gear. - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old August 5th, 2018, 01:39 AM   #1 (permalink)

4g69miveccha is on a distinguished road
Power loss when shifting in gear.

Hello y'all recent I bought a 2006 eclipse gs and whenever I full throttle the car and I shift hard and fast from 2nd to 3rd gear at 6k rpm or 6500k rpm my car power loss or bogged down rpm drop to 4000k rpm and would slowly picking back up to speed. Anyone have this issues please help me out??. No cel or anything. I was thinking it could be the slave cylinder or my mass air flow sensor but not sure.
4g69miveccha is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old August 6th, 2018, 01:07 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Jay
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS SE
fhadso will become famous soon enough
3rd in mine is kind of long, acceleration kind of degrades at about 70. I don't pay attention to RPMs really. I'll have to see if that's "normal". I'll log some runs and get back to you.
fhadso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 6th, 2018, 07:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Basically Stock

You don't make much power, and are falling out of the powerband. Fix your exhaust issues

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old August 6th, 2018, 04:44 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Taylor
Orion3003 is on a distinguished road
Getting a reflash might help with that powerband issue
Orion3003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 7th, 2018, 12:14 PM   #5 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orion3003 View Post
Getting a reflash might help with that powerband issue
He has his O2 sensors wrong, so he's running with super wrong air fuel ratios on half his cylinders. Not sure why he says no check engine light in this thread where in the DNA Motoring header PSA he talks about his codes.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old August 19th, 2018, 05:13 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Carter
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
MrRalliart09 is on a distinguished road
AFR

or Timing

or slipping clutch disc.

My disc clutch got tranny fluid on it when my seal broke and I only noticed in the upper range and all i felt was a lot less acceleration than usual. No smells or smoke.
MrRalliart09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 9th, 2019, 04:19 PM   #7 (permalink)

Trendam45 is on a distinguished road
So I've been having a similar problem with my 06 eclipse gs in 3rd gear about 4k rpm it will start to loss power and evenly stall out if left in 3rd shifting to 2nd seems to still maintain a steady chug then goes away....shifting from 3rd to 4th under 4k doesn't cause a chug...only mod on the car atm is an intake just rebuilt exhaust from header back but those are oem parts nothing special...no idea where to start on this issue?
Trendam45 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2020, 10:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

Name: Richard.
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS 2.4
Sparda D'Mon is on a distinguished road
Can I call it "The Sweet Spot"? OP shifts from 6,000-6,500rpms and next gear is at 4,000rpms meaning Mivec is still active. I think my GS does the same but it doesnt lose power it climbs as it should... now if he's 3rd gear comes at 5,000rpms and drops to 4,000rpms before climbing then i dnt know what's going on.
Sparda D'Mon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2020, 08:20 AM   #9 (permalink)
Basically Stock

The guy was ignoring a known problem that will cause power reduction, and also has parts known to shift the powerband higher. With his mods, about 7400rpm was the sweet spot for me to run a 15.3 NA. He didn't want to fix the issue he had, he wanted to shift the blame to something that wouldn't require welding, eg, changing a part, except for his exhaust manifold, which was the source of the issue (the problem started when he put the new exhaust manifold on)

Problem is, his O2 sensors were still only on cylinders 2 and 4, so he measured the same exhaust twice to calculate his air fuel ratios for both, which is known to cause the car to run wrong, and he was falling out of powerband before coming back into it due to not having enough RPM.

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 20th, 2020, 12:32 AM   #10 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

So he knows what his problem is but doesnt want to tackle it properly? 🤔🤔 I thought most ppl come here because they dont know what is the problem they're facing to fix it. Best of luck to him anyways...
Old April 20th, 2020, 09:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Not always. Some come here looking for easy answers. Eg, people who have low oil pressure don't want to hear that it's not always the $15 sensor. People with idle issues would rather change MAF sensor than look for vacuum leaks. People also really hate hearing that an answer involves welding, or anything beyond their skill level when they cheaped out and bought bad parts

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 24th, 2020, 12:27 AM   #12 (permalink)
140whp+15.72%= 162hp

They were 480$ but i prefer the simplicity of RRE Headers. I avoided the other brands for reasons like welding and stuff. While welding isnt beyond me. I just dont have the creativity. I would had never guessed to drill a hole for a O2 sensor on DNA headers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in