Anyone replaced ABS module? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2020, 11:47 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Flin
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT
fcabagnot is on a distinguished road
Anyone replaced ABS module?

I'm getting a code C1505, saying that the rear left valve is not to factory spec? When I press on brakes it feels spongy, and it doesn't happen all the time. Has anyone had this problem? Will replacing ABS module help or is this something entirely different?
fcabagnot is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 25th, 2020, 01:04 PM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Have you been in for the recall yet? There was a problem with the ABS units, and it would cause the pedal to fall to the floor in hard braking when it failed.

The recall is to either flush the lines if it's a good unit, and replace with fresh DOT4, or to replace the unit if faulty

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2020, 01:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Smokey
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
Smokeynbandit is on a distinguished road
Mine was recalled a few years back
Smokeynbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old June 25th, 2020, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Have you been in for the recall yet? There was a problem with the ABS units, and it would cause the pedal to fall to the floor in hard braking when it failed.

The recall is to either flush the lines if it's a good unit, and replace with fresh DOT4, or to replace the unit if faulty
Yeah I checked and I didn't have a recall for my car. Unfortunately I might have found the problem, and it could be the master cylinder. It seems like it's leaking, so I'm going to have to replace it.
Old June 25th, 2020, 05:50 PM   #5 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
I’m not seeing a C1505 in the FSM

When the recall was completed on your car, did they just flush the fluid or did they replace the ABS pump then too?

Last edited by pcfreak4; June 25th, 2020 at 05:52 PM.
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 25th, 2020, 11:49 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
I知 not seeing a C1505 in the FSM

When the recall was completed on your car, did they just flush the fluid or did they replace the ABS pump then too?
https://www.engine-codes.com/c1505.html

It's popping up as a code on my Blue Driver. There was no recall for my car unfortunately. I called them today and made sure.
Old June 26th, 2020, 06:04 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcabagnot View Post
Quote:
I’m not seeing a C1505 in the FSM

https://www.engine-codes.com/c1505.html

It's popping up as a code on my Blue Driver. There was no recall for my car unfortunately. I called them today and made sure.
Ok and that code is coming from the ABS module? Do you have traction control? And I’m talking about when your recall was performed before
Old June 26th, 2020, 06:43 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Smokey
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/gs
Smokeynbandit is on a distinguished road
06-07s with recalls forsure not sure about later ones and that does suck it’s not though they replaced my pads aswell for free
Smokeynbandit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2020, 08:36 AM   #9 (permalink)
Basically Stock

The recall was extended to 2009 even. I got the notice in the mail

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 26th, 2020, 03:07 PM   #10 (permalink)

Got it done by Mitsubishi Columbus North for my 06 GS auto where the pedal had to be double pumped to stop, they flushed it first then said they had to keep the car a day to replace the pump and flush it again and said to only use DOT4 brake fluid from now on

Then replacing the ABS module/pump was the real important kicker, not just flushing the system and marking the recall complete
Old June 29th, 2020, 10:14 AM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Ok and that code is coming from the ABS module? Do you have traction control? And I知 talking about when your recall was performed before
Traction control light is off, and I don't think a recall was performed on the car at all.
Old June 29th, 2020, 10:16 AM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Got it done by Mitsubishi Columbus North for my 06 GS auto where the pedal had to be double pumped to stop, they flushed it first then said they had to keep the car a day to replace the pump and flush it again and said to only use DOT4 brake fluid from now on

Then replacing the ABS module/pump was the real important kicker, not just flushing the system and marking the recall complete
That sucks because they're really expensive, and the dealer is asking $200 for just the diagnostics. I don't want to buy used because it's hard to tell if a used one is also not as bad.
Old June 29th, 2020, 11:04 AM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:

That sucks because they're really expensive, and the dealer is asking $200 for just the diagnostics. I don't want to buy used because it's hard to tell if a used one is also not as bad.
The dealer told me I was lucky all that was done under recall as it would have been north of $1,200 if I had to pay for it
Old June 30th, 2020, 12:57 AM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
The dealer told me I was lucky all that was done under recall as it would have been north of $1,200 if I had to pay for it
I'm guessing because of new ABS module. Is there a way to bleed the ABS manually?
Old June 30th, 2020, 08:17 AM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
I'm guessing because of new ABS module. Is there a way to bleed the ABS manually?
Yeah because they flushed the whole system, replaced the module, flushed the whole system again, and bled the ABS pump with their scan tool computer
Old July 12th, 2020, 11:49 AM   #16 (permalink)

Jayannon is on a distinguished road
My 2008 seized up on the highway , took it to a shop and they told me there was a recall but because the car came from California I had to take it there to have it done . I live in Canada so that's not an option . Emailed my local mitsu dealer a dozen times with no response , emailed head office and literally within 5 minutes they replied , had the part ordered and had me booked in 🙂
Jayannon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2020, 12:45 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayannon View Post
My 2008 seized up on the highway , took it to a shop and they told me there was a recall but because the car came from California I had to take it there to have it done . I live in Canada so that's not an option . Emailed my local mitsu dealer a dozen times with no response , emailed head office and literally within 5 minutes they replied , had the part ordered and had me booked in 🙂
How much did you pay? Or was it free because of the recall? Ugh, I'm going to have to pay cause I'm not on the recall list. I might just sell the Eclipse and get another car honestly. Too many problems at this point.
Old July 15th, 2020, 01:22 AM   #18 (permalink)

Shizahoffa is on a distinguished road
GT or GS? I have an extra GT ABS unit that works if you need it. I’ll let it go cheap
Shizahoffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2020, 01:58 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizahoffa View Post
GT or GS? I have an extra GT ABS unit that works if you need it. I値l let it go cheap
GT automatic. Will that work? How do you know it's working?
Old July 15th, 2020, 04:22 PM   #20 (permalink)

Quote:
Quote:
How much did you pay? Or was it free because of the recall? Ugh, I'm going to have to pay cause I'm not on the recall list. I might just sell the Eclipse and get another car honestly. Too many problems at this point.
Luckily mine was on the recall and previous owner hadn't done it . If not for the recall I would have sold mine too . All 3 of cats are plugged , same deal over here it's been endless problems , money , headaches . . . I'm on the list for headers , if that doesn't fix my problem I'll be selling mine 😞
Old July 15th, 2020, 04:54 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yeah I had my ABS module replaced under the recall, header gutted, ECU tune, so all that’s taken care of except maybe the 3rd cat which idk how bad it’s clogged
Old July 15th, 2020, 07:40 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Luckily mine was on the recall and previous owner hadn't done it . If not for the recall I would have sold mine too . All 3 of cats are plugged , same deal over here it's been endless problems , money , headaches . . . I'm on the list for headers , if that doesn't fix my problem I'll be selling mine 😞
Honestly I'm on my way to buying the new 2020 Camaro LT1's. I'm tired of dealing with the problems. And the dealer over here sucks dick and offers no support. Pretty sure headers and a tune will fix your problem.
Old July 15th, 2020, 11:49 PM   #23 (permalink)

Lucky !!! My coworker just bought a 2019 hellcat with every CF option available done to the tits , comes with $1700/month payments lmao . Far too rich for my blood , that's over double my rent ! And sure hope it fixes things , deleting the third cat as well , haven't decided what to put on the back end yet . Forgot/was unaware of the importance of a tune after headers and an intake so I gotta watch how and where I spend . . .
Old July 16th, 2020, 02:16 AM   #24 (permalink)

It was recalled when the vehicle was brought here to America in 2015 and then someone hit them from which is when I got the car and took everything apart. It was working fine. The car had no codes what so ever and still drove. This one is out of an Automatic from my first part out. And is just wrapped sitting on a shelf with other parts. I’d let it go for $60 plus shipping if you want it. I’ll post up pictures if you are interested
Old July 16th, 2020, 03:30 PM   #25 (permalink)

Quote:
It was recalled when the vehicle was brought here to America in 2015 and then someone hit them from which is when I got the car and took everything apart. It was working fine. The car had no codes what so ever and still drove. This one is out of an Automatic from my first part out. And is just wrapped sitting on a shelf with other parts. I壇 let it go for $60 plus shipping if you want it. I値l post up pictures if you are interested
Can you send me pictures? Thanks.
Old July 20th, 2020, 02:56 AM   #26 (permalink)

The black paint is peeling off because the power steering fluid is stripping it away, but it is OEM after recall and the last extra one I have here. Again for the 3.8l V6 located in so cal by LA. Can ship for an addition cost though, I’ll wrap the crap out of it if I ship it!
Old July 20th, 2020, 08:08 AM   #27 (permalink)

Power steering fluid won’t eat that paint away, the brake fluid will
Old July 20th, 2020, 11:27 AM   #28 (permalink)

Yeah that’s what I meant. Sorry it was late when I posted this 😂
Old July 20th, 2020, 06:13 PM   #29 (permalink)

Yeah I literally have a gang of parts for the GT. I even have two automatic trans for the GT, extra radiator, fans you name it I probably got it haha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 39EC9A71-4E67-46E5-B126-66EBA0E5315D_1595286721120.jpg (22.3 KB, 5 views)
Old July 20th, 2020, 07:32 PM   #30 (permalink)

Quote:
Yeah I literally have a gang of parts for the GT. I even have two automatic trans for the GT, extra radiator, fans you name it I probably got it haha
It's cool I'm not even going to waste my time. I'm parting it out or selling the thing for like $1000, if anyone is interested. Message me. I'm done with this car LOL.
Old July 20th, 2020, 07:37 PM   #31 (permalink)

Name: vic
Vehicle: 07 eclipse gt
vicstag is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do you have a ingalls torq dampener for a 4G GT
vicstag is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 20th, 2020, 08:11 PM   #32 (permalink)

Any aftermarket on the car? I’d be interested in some parts if you do decide to part out.

No torque damper, I’m looking for one myself honestly
Old July 20th, 2020, 08:18 PM   #33 (permalink)

I’ll need some interior pieces for the front. Under the dash, and driver side plastic by the door, if you have black leather seats in good condition I might make the drive up there haha. But I am interested if there is any aftermarket and some speed sensors possibly
Old July 21st, 2020, 11:57 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
I値l need some interior pieces for the front. Under the dash, and driver side plastic by the door, if you have black leather seats in good condition I might make the drive up there haha. But I am interested if there is any aftermarket and some speed sensors possibly
Yes I do actually have them and they're in good condition. I don't have anymore interior panels the car is completely gutted inside except for the dash.

Tags
abs, brakes, code, factory, problem, rear, replacing, valve

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in