Flashing AC light - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old July 15th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
tjh

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
tjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nice
Flashing AC light

i read that the flashing ac light means the ac coolant/ freon ( what ever it is ) is low but i got oily liquid on the inside of the engine bay on the passenger side question is is it flammable cause the dealer ship is like 50 miles away and i'm at 84K miles is it still under warranty or can some one point me in the right direction thanks in advance
Current mods: RRE Headers, F5 custom SRI/CAI, tint, Ruffracing R281 19x8.5 RRE centric rotors, ss brake lines, outlaw spacers, 3in HBE, Ingalls stiffy, gauge pod pillar, SPEC Clutch 2+, Megan lowering springs, oil sandwich plate
tjh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old July 15th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Matthew
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GS
StirB has a spectacular aura about
Your leaking AC Freon, happening to me, it started at 35-40k miles. This is a crappy subject because on one hand if the problem happened on its own, warrenty will most likley cover it, but if you have rocks or something hit your AC hoses/pipes your paying a pretty penny to fix it. I'd say look for oily spots on your AC hoses, if so its leaking there. AC freon isnt flammable just dangerous to touch with your hands, so they say.
StirB is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:07 PM   #3 (permalink)

Oh and 60k is the cut off for AC, thats what the warrenty lady told me. AC hoses are 120+ each, plus you have to vacuum and recharge your system, so taking it to a machanic with buying your parts, your looking at 400-500.

Old July 15th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
tjh

tjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nicetjh is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by StirB View Post
Your leaking AC Freon, happening to me, it started at 35-40k miles. This is a crappy subject because on one hand if the problem happened on its own, warrenty will most likley cover it, but if you have rocks or something hit your AC hoses/pipes your paying a pretty penny to fix it. I'd say look for oily spots on your AC hoses, if so its leaking there. AC freon isnt flammable just dangerous to touch with your hands, so they say.
ok thanks damn and i was touching it and sniffing to see what the oily stuff was lol. I guess i 'll ask the dealership how much then prob fix it myself if it is to much. damn the day before i i'm to order my rre headers
Current mods: RRE Headers, F5 custom SRI/CAI, tint, Ruffracing R281 19x8.5 RRE centric rotors, ss brake lines, outlaw spacers, 3in HBE, Ingalls stiffy, gauge pod pillar, SPEC Clutch 2+, Megan lowering springs, oil sandwich plate
Old July 15th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
ya if u find where the oil is comming from u will find the leak and if u have oil coming out its not a small leak.... i work on air conditioning so wipe all the oil up and drive it and see what fitting the oil is coming from most likely its going too be close too the compressor.... also if u still have pressure in the system and u want too go all out put soap bubbles on every joint/connection and if u see bubbles u have a leak
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2010, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2008 black eclipse MR
TemplarRadix08GT will become famous soon enough
Yeah blinky ac light means it's under 10psi. My condenser and suction line went down 460 for the pair. Easy to install if ur patient.. First thing it was was the suction line. Installed and found a leak on the one weld on the condenser. Charge was 130 at an independent shop. My dealer won't do any warranty work unless u can prove it's their fault. Get a leak test takes cpl hrs and such and look for the green uv crap with a uv light. Replace then go elsewhere to get ur shot evacuated and recharged with oil.
If u wanna tackle this labor lemme know via pm or whatever I can guide u through it.
TemplarRadix08GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 18th, 2010, 11:07 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplarRadix08GT View Post
Yeah blinky ac light means it's under 10psi. My condenser and suction line went down 460 for the pair. Easy to install if ur patient.. First thing it was was the suction line. Installed and found a leak on the one weld on the condenser. Charge was 130 at an independent shop. My dealer won't do any warranty work unless u can prove it's their fault. Get a leak test takes cpl hrs and such and look for the green uv crap with a uv light. Replace then go elsewhere to get ur shot evacuated and recharged with oil.
If u wanna tackle this labor lemme know via pm or whatever I can guide u through it.
Where did you buy your parts? Dealer or some pick a part place? My Discharge and suction hoses are messed up and need them replaced, but I dont have the money to repair them so I have been using Synthetic Freon with advanced stop leak(they say it wont harm your car) and the Freon stays in there for about a month before needing another can, I also use compressor oil every month to make sure it doesnt crap out on me.
What are your thoughts?
Old July 19th, 2010, 01:14 AM   #8 (permalink)
tjh

well i bought a can of the r134a to put in so i can find the leak turns out the stuff i got also had that stop leak componet so now it works great but can't find which hose it is and the dealer ship was going to charge $550 before parts and tax the two hoses are $250 out the door 120 and 130 so now i'm waiting then whenit leaks againg i can fix it but i gues i'll order my headers for now
Old July 19th, 2010, 07:16 PM   #9 (permalink)
Born to drive

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 06/eclipse gt-t 6spd
eclipsercr2006 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjh View Post
well i bought a can of the r134a to put in so i can find the leak turns out the stuff i got also had that stop leak componet so now it works great but can't find which hose it is and the dealer ship was going to charge $550 before parts and tax the two hoses are $250 out the door 120 and 130 so now i'm waiting then whenit leaks againg i can fix it but i gues i'll order my headers for now
check on the weld points on the condenser where they are bolted down thats where most of the reported leaks were from there wasnt a recall that im aware of because there wasnt enough problems reported according to mitsu at least thats what went down with mine right @ 45000 miles
eclipsercr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 22nd, 2010, 10:01 PM   #10 (permalink)

Same thing with me. Exactly. Then I looked on front of condenser and boom. All my parts from dealer. Worked well. Until another 45k..
Old July 23rd, 2010, 10:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Name: K
Vehicle: 2017 Honda Civic
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
wtf is with everyone's AC busting all of a sudden? I understand it's summer and everyone is using them, but this doesn't happen every year.
Old July 23rd, 2010, 11:57 AM   #12 (permalink)
Droganto

Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
MannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really niceMannyGT is just really nice
Every time my AC started to blink when I had my 4G, it was always the condenser. MY condenser got replaced 3 times, in the 3 years I owned the car, deffinetivelty everything under warranty. Until the 4th time, where the technician got tired of looking for the problem and he replaced, Condenser, Hoses, Clutch, and everything he couldnt think off.

He also mentioned to me that the AC clutch on the 4G is very week.

So to summarize, if you have problems with the AC blinking ,check condenser or AC clutch.

Good Luck!

Follow us Facebook
'06 4G_GT (Old Ride) '09 370Z (New Ride)
MannyGT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2013, 03:25 PM   #13 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GT
kylemccrack is on a distinguished road
my ac light is just blinking green and i read in another part of the forum that a blue and green blinking ac light means that the condenser has gone bad. What does it mean if its just blinking green??
kylemccrack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 8th, 2013, 05:09 PM   #14 (permalink)

No refrigerant.
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

so what do i do from here??
Old April 8th, 2013, 06:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

It's probably from a punctured line. Mine was from a busted condenser and to busted lines. Need to get a dye test.
Old April 8th, 2013, 08:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
See ya losers delete acct

Name: Azzhole to be kissed by all of you
Vehicle: Delete this account
mcssls has a spectacular aura about
if you need it drawn down and totally recharged give me a hollar, I'm set up for it and not that far away.
mcssls is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 10th, 2013, 11:55 AM   #18 (permalink)

where you at
Old July 13th, 2013, 03:13 PM   #19 (permalink)
im that H.B.I.C.

Vehicle: 2007/mitsubishi/eclipseGS
the1voicewithin is on a distinguished road
I am having the same issue. The air started fluctuating with hot and cold air. The pressure was low so put sealant and freon. Couple weeks later its starting to go out again. This time I noticed the green blinking light. I pushed it and it stopped. Help!
Old June 10th, 2014, 09:44 AM   #20 (permalink)

kcole0916 is on a distinguished road
I know this is an older thread, but hopefully someone will still be here to help. I have a 2008 Mitsu Eclipse GS and my AC blows cool but not cold. More like room temperature. The A/C light flashes green. Can't afford to take it to a mechanic to have it fixed. Could it just be that it needs charged with freon? How do I know? Can someone walk me through it? TIA
kcole0916 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 29th, 2014, 06:57 PM   #21 (permalink)

Name: sunny
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GS
sunnynjolly is on a distinguished road
Similar problem here. AC light is blinking Green. On Driver side I still get cold air but on passenger side it is blowing hot. Can some expert member post step by step troubleshooting/fixing instructions.

Thanks
Sunny
sunnynjolly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 25th, 2014, 07:29 PM   #22 (permalink)

Hey guys Im not a expert by no means but the green blinking light means the freon/ refrigerant is low and it needs to be recharged.... theres a reason that it is low tho, most likely because of a leak. Mine has leaked going on the third time now, this time it is the worst because from what I can tell I made a bigger leak from recharging it with freon. so be careful when recharging your ac. And make sure that the freon/ refrigerant that you buy has sealant in it to seal up the leak.
Old May 30th, 2019, 07:26 AM   #23 (permalink)

Name: John
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GS
bae of pigs is on a distinguished road
Sorry to necro an old ass thread, but I'm having the same issue. I had the blower motor resistor issue for a few years and just said f*ck it to fixing it, but finally found a thread on this site and fixed it myself. Now that my blower is working, I find that my AC has stopped working (blinking green light). I could hear the compressor turn on before I replaced the blower motor resistor.

Bought a can of sealant/refrigerant, but the compressor isn't kicking on any more. Even if I try to load some refrigerant into the lines to see if the compressor is just not turning on because the pressure is too low, it sounds like nothing is going in. The PSI gauge on the can I use goes to zero when I pull the trigger, and when I release it, it goes into the over pressure category (which I guess it should since the compressor isn't engaging).

Any ideas? How long should it take to empty a can of refrigerant into the lines if the lines are completely empty? I really don't want to spend a couple hundred more bucks after just getting my timing belt changed. But I'm also sick of not having AC, haha.
bae of pigs is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2019, 07:32 AM   #24 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
You need a gauge to see if you’re system is full or not, and u need to add refrigerant with the compressor running, it took me two little cans to fill mine from empty
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2019, 07:46 AM   #25 (permalink)

A lot of videos I've watched and things I've read said that if the compressor isn't running, it might just be so low that it won't run to prevent damage, and to try adding some until it comes on. If it doesn't, there's probably another problem.

Thing is, I'm trying to add some to get it to come on, but it doesn't seem like anything is going in. Is there any indication that a can is emptying with the trigger being pulled? I've got a can of A/C Pro r-234a if that matters

I can't post links yet, but if you search for ACP-100V, that's the stuff.

Also, thank you for your reply.

edit: Just got this response from the manufacturers of the AC Pro
Quote:
If the compressor clutch is not engaged with a pressure reading in the red, you may add refrigerant for up to 30 minutes or until the compressor clutch kicks back on. You'll want to pump the refrigerant into the system, squeezing the trigger every 5-10 seconds, never continuously holding the trigger down. Once the compressor clutch kicks back on, you'll be able to properly charge your system from there. If after 30 minutes or half a can the clutch does not engage, at that point it would be more of a mechanical issue.
Does this sound right? Gonna give it a shot, but sitting outside for half an hour pumping the trigger sounds like a pain in the ass.

Last edited by bae of pigs; May 30th, 2019 at 08:18 AM.
Old May 30th, 2019, 08:23 AM   #26 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by bae of pigs View Post
A lot of videos I've watched and things I've read said that if the compressor isn't running, it might just be so low that it won't run to prevent damage, and to try adding some until it comes on. If it doesn't, there's probably another problem.

Thing is, I'm trying to add some to get it to come on, but it doesn't seem like anything is going in. Is there any indication that a can is emptying with the trigger being pulled? I've got a can of A/C Pro r-234a if that matters

I can't post links yet, but if you search for ACP-100V, that's the stuff.

Also, thank you for your reply.

edit: Just got this response from the manufacturers of the AC Pro

Does this sound right? Gonna give it a shot, but sitting outside for half an hour pumping the trigger sounds like a pain in the ass.
Start the engine and then turn the vent dial to anything other than defrost, then turn A/C blue/red dial to Max A/C, then turn fan speed to max, 4

Then you hook up the can to the low line by holding the connector back and popping it on, then you follow the instructions on the can, I know for the buttonless ones you just tip the can over for a few seconds a little more than 45 degrees to let it flow, then you tip it back up, and do that until the can feels empty, check it with a gauge to see if you need more

Really though, an A/C shop with a A/C system vacuum, refrigerant recovery device, and proper high and low line gauges should do this for you if you have any more problems you could cause more damage to your system
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 30th, 2019, 09:13 AM   #27 (permalink)

Welp, gonna just take this to a mechanic. My normal mechanic doesn't do much with AC but referred me to the shop they send all their AC work to. Guess I'm giving them a call. Thanks for all the help.

Edit: turns out the advice i was given by the manufacturer worked and I'm sitting in an ice cold car with working AC for the first time in years!

Last edited by bae of pigs; May 30th, 2019 at 06:32 PM.
Old July 18th, 2020, 04:31 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Martin Rouleau
Tflash is on a distinguished road
I’m having this issue... I’ve change compressor, condenser ( well the thing in front of the radiator...) and still flashing even if I refilled it... gauge goes in borderline red, when compressor kicks in, goes in the white... is the pressure supposed to fluctuate that much?
Tflash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
bay, coolant, engine, light, question, warranty

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in