Sunroof Tube - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > General > Problem Reports

Problem Reports If you have a problem with your Eclipse you need assistance with, this is the forum to post your question and get answers.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 24th, 2008, 11:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
BLUE ECLIPSE GT

Vehicle: 06 mits eclipse gt
BARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond repute
Sunroof Tube

The Only Problem Ive Had With My Eclipse Is The Sunroof Somehow Knocked A Tube Out Of Place And When It Rained It Leaked Out The Front Little Airbag Thing On The Window. No Really . And Mits Replaced The Tube,airbag,side Plastic,and The Entire Carpet And Floormat Drivers Side . Has Anyone Had Such A Weird Problem.
BARNEY1985 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 24th, 2008, 11:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Name: K
Vehicle: 2017 Honda Civic
psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
It's come up a few times. Some people have it leak out at the switch.
Old August 14th, 2008, 07:35 AM   #3 (permalink)
Go Slow or Go Home

Base Jumping Champion! Seator Champion! Wuzzler Champion!
Tournaments Won: 10

Name: Ryan
Vehicle: 1980 Camaro Z28
rbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond repute
Yesterday mine leaked out of the side pillar air bag emblem and the switch, fucking pissed me off. I'll wait till it rains again to see if it leaks again, im hoping it was just a one time thing, maybe it didnt close right. Otherwise this bitch is heading to the stealership on my next day off.

Old August 14th, 2008, 03:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
BLUE ECLIPSE GT

Vehicle: 06 mits eclipse gt
BARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond reputeBARNEY1985 has a reputation beyond repute
it will leak again. u have to go to the dealership. otherwise next rain your carpet will be wett. its the tube inside the sunroof that came undone u have to get it fixed.
Old August 15th, 2008, 07:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kharl Lerrooooooy Jones

Vehicle: 07 eclipse GS/SE
snipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond reputesnipereyz has a reputation beyond repute
hmm... ill have to inspect mine... it doesnt leak, but i have noticed it kinda vibrates lately when opening and closing the roof... may be a sign of problem? or poor lubrication? dunno. but thanks for the heads up
snipereyz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 23rd, 2008, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Go Slow or Go Home

rbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond reputerbk001 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEY1985 View Post
it will leak again. u have to go to the dealership. otherwise next rain your carpet will be wett. its the tube inside the sunroof that came undone u have to get it fixed.
Just sat through Tropical Storm Fay and no leaks, it must have just closed funny.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 09:38 AM   #7 (permalink)

mitsuguy187 is just really nicemitsuguy187 is just really nicemitsuguy187 is just really nice
mine is leaking!!! right where the air bag emblem is on the drivers side pilar!!

sux!!
mitsuguy187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 23rd, 2008, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Go Slow or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsuguy187 View Post
mine is leaking!!! right where the air bag emblem is on the drivers side pilar!!

sux!!
The last time u had your sunroof open, did u just have it tilted? or did you have it opened all the way? I find mine doesnt seem to close tight enough when you close it from the tilt position.
Old August 23rd, 2008, 06:12 PM   #9 (permalink)

mitsuguy187 is just really nicemitsuguy187 is just really nicemitsuguy187 is just really nice
it closes fine..but when it rains i get an annoying drip and this drives me crazy!!! i thought it was from my windshield being cracked but from reading things from here i guess it has something to do with the sunroof knocking a tube outta place???
mitsuguy187 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2008, 07:32 AM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 eclipse GT
07eclipsegt is a glorious beacon of light07eclipsegt is a glorious beacon of light07eclipsegt is a glorious beacon of light07eclipsegt is a glorious beacon of light
i had this happen. mine leaked through the sunroof switches.. i took it to the dealer and they just told me they saw no problem.. they ran a air hose through the tube to make sure it was clear and nothing jamming it..
they did it for free but said next time they will charge me for that, because that issue is not under warranty:/ but it has been fine since.
07eclipsegt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 29th, 2008, 12:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
URL

Vehicle: 07/Eclipse/GS
URL is a splendid one to beholdURL is a splendid one to beholdURL is a splendid one to beholdURL is a splendid one to beholdURL is a splendid one to beholdURL is a splendid one to beholdURL is a splendid one to behold
not under warranty, thats such bullshit. same thing happened to mine, they reattached the tube, sealed everything, then ran water over it for 30 mins to test it. All under warranty.
URL is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #12 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/GT
timz0r is on a distinguished road
so i woke up this morning and was ready to go to work and it appears my roof has leaked as well, i was pissed as fuck... i think maybe its the tube everyones talking about on here. It seems to be leaking where the switch it.

It didn't even rain that much but it was SOAKED and my gear shift boot was FULL of water...

meh...

if this isn't covered I'm dumping the thing
timz0r is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2008, 08:51 AM   #13 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

psy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond reputepsy-q has a reputation beyond repute
This problem should be 100% covered under warranty the first, second, third and 50th time you take it to them within the first 5 years of your bumper-to-bumper. There are no "sunroof mods" that I know of that would give them an excuse otherwise.

Quote:
Need information about your Mitsubishi vehicle?
For questions regarding your Mitsubishi vehicle, please contact Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. at 1-888-MITSU2008. Representatives are available Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. (CT), but feel free to use the automated phone system, which is available 24/7.To better serve you, please have your Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) available when you call. Your VIN can be found on your Roadside Assistance cards, on the dash near the bottom of the windshield on the driver's side of the car, or you can find it on your registration or insurance information.
Old September 9th, 2008, 09:34 AM   #14 (permalink)
>>4G loving Jeep SRT8<<

well my convertible during Hurricane weather will leak a very small amount at the drivers door... but hey its cool (i have a feeling most would )
Old September 9th, 2008, 11:08 AM   #15 (permalink)
The dick of JUSTICE

Here is the TSB for the sunroof leaking issue:

TSB# TSB-07-42A-007
http://www.mitsubishieclipseforum.co...TER%20LEAK.pdf
Old September 12th, 2008, 09:04 AM   #16 (permalink)

yeah im at the dealer now, on my laptop, in the waiting room. They say they thuroughly tested it and it will be out in a minute and that they didn't see that the tube came disconnected...

Be carefull what you say around these fuckers there like "do you take it to the car wash?"
then if you say yes they won't cover it if its a problem, they SAY thats per the factory which i dont buy AT ALL. not my problem anyways i have a friend hand detail it every other week...

Last edited by timz0r; September 12th, 2008 at 09:06 AM.
Old October 16th, 2008, 11:30 AM   #17 (permalink)
EuroClipse

Vehicle: 2006 GT/6spd. Titanium
doctorres112 is a jewel in the roughdoctorres112 is a jewel in the rough
Alright 4G'ers, here is my situation. I noticed some leaking today during some rain we got. I saw a water circle surrounding my sunroof switch and it felt damp as well. I re-opened the sunroof and closed it and when I went back to check later it appeared to have solved the problem, at least temp. My concern is that I am in Germany and They don't sell the 4G here, not mention that I heard the warranty is void if the car is taken outside the U.S. I am not sure if anyone can confirm this but I will be taking my car back to the states in early January when I get stationed in Texas. Does anyone know what to do in the event that I can't get Mitsu to fix it here in Germany? I wouldn't mind trying a DIY thing if anyone can suggest something to me. Thanks for any help!
doctorres112 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:08 PM   #18 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse
iwannavette is on a distinguished road
Mine just started this!! HELP what do I do

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07eclipsegt View Post
i had this happen. mine leaked through the sunroof switches.. i took it to the dealer and they just told me they saw no problem.. they ran a air hose through the tube to make sure it was clear and nothing jamming it..
they did it for free but said next time they will charge me for that, because that issue is not under warranty:/ but it has been fine since.

How did this end up getting fixed? I bought a brand new 2007 off of the show room floor about 5 months ago, it had never been owned before me and now its leaking. It is under warrenty, but sometimes dealerships have no clue so I would like to have another option to tell them if they cant figure it out.
iwannavette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:15 PM   #19 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse
iwannavette is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by timz0r View Post
so i woke up this morning and was ready to go to work and it appears my roof has leaked as well, i was pissed as fuck... i think maybe its the tube everyones talking about on here. It seems to be leaking where the switch it.

It didn't even rain that much but it was SOAKED and my gear shift boot was FULL of water...

meh...

if this isn't covered I'm dumping the thing
Hey, did you ever get this figured out? Mine just started to do this.
iwannavette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old November 11th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #20 (permalink)
Blue Collar Genius

Name: Dane
Vehicle: '07 GT, Ultra Red
Danester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond reputeDanester has a reputation beyond repute
This is why I didn't get a sunroof........JIC.......
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:39 PM   #21 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannavette View Post
Hey, did you ever get this figured out? Mine just started to do this.
havent been on here in a while, yeah so i took it in they "fixed" it, and its done it 3 times since then, im about to get super pissed...
Old December 22nd, 2008, 02:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
This is MY time

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT-SE
ReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud of
Yeah, I think this is starting to happen to mine too.
And I really don't feel like going to the dealer, but I guess it's inevitable.

Fujita CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust,
18x9.75 Chromium Black XXR 530s w/ Potenzas,
Eibach Pro Kit Springs, 20% tint, Vision-style Eyelids,
Custom-Painted front bumper, 6000K HIDs...
ReggaeRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2008, 02:52 PM   #23 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GS
08GSWHITE is on a distinguished road
The people on here that are having the sunroof leaks, do you have the wind deflector on your car? I took mine to dealership and they said it was the protective tape around the hooks on the deflector. They trimmed tape and water tested, it fixed the drivers side pillar leak that I had. Next day it rained and the drivers side was OK, but pass. side started leaking after the tape trim. So I removed the deflector and it rained all night it is OK for now hope it fixed it!
08GSWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 26th, 2008, 07:17 AM   #24 (permalink)
This is MY time

Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT-SE
ReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud ofReggaeRampage has much to be proud of
Hey, what do you know? I do have the wind deflector on my car!

Fujita CAI, Magnaflow Catback Exhaust,
18x9.75 Chromium Black XXR 530s w/ Potenzas,
Eibach Pro Kit Springs, 20% tint, Vision-style Eyelids,
Custom-Painted front bumper, 6000K HIDs...
ReggaeRampage is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 2nd, 2011, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 ECLIPSE SE
Myclips15 is on a distinguished road
Question Please help

So I brought my 2007 eclipse SE to the shop for water leaking under passenger seat. Replaced window seals/ replaced drain hose for sunroof and connected it. The dealership says it's the water over flow pan. Said it's just the way the manufacture made the car. This is crap I know, but what else can I try? Any help greatly appreciated.
Myclips15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2011, 04:50 PM   #26 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GS
08GSWHITE is on a distinguished road
If you have the wind deflector on your car remove it.
08GSWHITE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 3rd, 2011, 05:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2007 ECLIPSE SE
Myclips15 is on a distinguished road

I don't have the wind deflector on. Any more help is appreciated.
Myclips15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 16th, 2020, 04:28 PM   #28 (permalink)

Name: Mason Pfluke
Vehicle: 2011 Eclipse GT-P
Mpfluke is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARNEY1985 View Post
The Only Problem Ive Had With My Eclipse Is The Sunroof Somehow Knocked A Tube Out Of Place And When It Rained It Leaked Out The Front Little Airbag Thing On The Window. No Really . And Mits Replaced The Tube,airbag,side Plastic,and The Entire Carpet And Floormat Drivers Side . Has Anyone Had Such A Weird Problem.
So after purchasing a used 2011 eclipse, I am experiencing this exact problem. The water leaks into the driver side pillar, leaks out of the SRS badge, and my driver side carpet is wet. I am replying to this now because I suspect I will need all of the repairs that I have quoted above, but obviously I am now out of warranty.

Anyone know what the potential cost will be if I have it done by a dealership not under warranty?

I'm assuming it'll cost an arm and a leg considering the quote above says their airbag was replaced. If anyone has any alternatives to servicing this issue I am all ears.

(Also interesting note: while looking up the TSB provided in this thread, it seems to only apply to earlier 4g models, I could not find anything for 2011. Although I already know a TSB would be of no help since I am past my warranty, just thought it was interestng)
Mpfluke is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
airbag, carpet, drivers, eclipse, problem, sunroof, tire, tube, window

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in