Review 2017 Stayer Tune Review. - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 28th, 2017, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Dan
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT/3.8L V6
danikorea is on a distinguished road
2017 Stayer Tune Review.

(If this review doesn't belong here, I apologize.)

Stayer Tune Review.

After reading many reviews and also reading Stayer's numerous posts, I have decided to go for his tune. Most of the reviews that are already on the forum are very well written, so my review wouldn't be so different. The tune up was done on my 2008 Eclipse GT A/T which has InjenCAI, rear resonator delete and rest are pretty much stock. The price was fair $300 USD and I was able to borrow the tactrix cable from a fellow club member BrendonAlgeier as he was visiting my city. (Thank you!)

Required tools/programs: Your car, Tactrix Cable, laptop with internet access, Teamviewer, ECUflash, ICQ to connect and communicate with Stayer.

Tune Up: The whole process took about one hour and a half. It was very easy to do and you just have to let Stayer work his magic. Once you have all the required tools/program, you just have to set up a time with Stayer and start the tune up. I didn't mind staying up a bit late, so all went smooth for me. Once everything is hooked up, Stayer will check to see if he can connect to the ECU and once he is ready to go, then you pay him. He will then go make the tune and this will take between an hour or hour and a half. Once he is done, reconnect everything, load the new tune and you are ready to go.

Result: I am not too knowledgeable in automotive field. Many reviews assured me that tune up is a good upgrade. Someone also mentioned that it was night and day difference, which I was a little skeptical about. However, the result was honestly, really amazing! It truly was a night and day difference and I am very happy with it. This is by far the best upgrade I did on a car.

The P0421 and P0431 CEL lights were gone, rough idle with random jerks were gone and turned into nice steady smooth idle. The power has drastically increased with hard pulls and better and deeper sound. Right from when Stayer tells you to turn on the car, you can hear and feel the difference. It really felt like driving a different car. He has pushed the speed limiter up to 510km/hr and calculated the HP to be close to 300. (It will not actually go 510km/hr. Don't be stupid and ask if the car can go 510km/hr like I did.)

The general state of the car felt very stable and smooth. This was what I liked the most. Before, the rough idle was very uncomfortable and it felt like my car was not in its best shape. After the tune up, the smooth steady idle and drive really made it feel like a new car. The pull? yes, very different. Just like other reviews and what Stayer mentioned, I am a city driver and a daily driver. The low~medium range power increase was definitely what I needed and the difference was noticeable. The initial pull of the car from 0km/hr and up, will be close to or over 300 HP. You step on the gas and the car will shoot out and go. I believe the high range power is close to stock.

Conclusion Overall, I was repeatedly yelling "What the F" with joy on the first drive after the tune up. It really has woken up the car and I didn't even know this car can go this fast or just...be this good. It was incredible and was worth the pay. In CAD, it was approx. $425ish and that was a big money for me, but I don't regret this tune up at all. The MPG is yet to be calculated as I kept on driving fast and hard accelerating every chance I got. Stayer definitely knows what he is doing and I know that he worked and studied hard to know it through talking with him. I did not get anyone else's tune so I cannot compare, but I am happy with Stayer's tune and I would definitely recommend it. ECU tune up should be the first mod on your car.

Notes: Communication over ICQ was not a problem at all. Of course, it was not perfect, but you can understand everything. Just make sure to use full sentences and try to explain things more specifically so the translator can deliver better and more accurate translation.

Time difference is not a problem. It is worth staying up for and I drove around til 4AM after tune up.

The after service was very good as well. Stayer checked back with me several times to see how the tune up is doing and how I am driving. He answered all the questions I had and was very easy to talk to. In fact, we chatted a lot about many other things such as trip to Russia, foods, cars, careers, life, etc. He is a good bloke and will help you with the tune or other engineering thing questions you may have.He is trustworthy and honest guy and definitely knows what he is doing.

End of Review.

Last edited by danikorea; June 28th, 2017 at 07:47 AM.
danikorea is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 28th, 2017, 07:59 AM   #2 (permalink)

Name: Stas
Vehicle: 2010 Galant9G 4G69MIVEC
stayer is a jewel in the roughstayer is a jewel in the rough
Thanks for the review Dan. I knew you will like it.
stayer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2017, 08:41 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by danikorea View Post
He has pushed the speed limiter up to 510km/hr and calculated the HP to be close to 300. (It will not actually go 510km/hr. Don't be stupid and ask if the car can go 510km/hr like I did.)
I want to again explain to the other members. The ECU includes a speed limiter (220 km/h). The limiter cannot be disabled. BUT. Can I put a limit (for example)on 300 or 400 or 500 km/h.

You will not be able to reach that speed. So I removed the limit. Ie it as it is, but you are unable to achieve it.

Old June 28th, 2017, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Sully
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse Spyder GT
2old2care is on a distinguished road
First I've heard of this. You know the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My car is running fairly well so I am leery of messing with it. That said, I do like the idea of a bit more HP for those times needed (or just plain wanted). The only issue I've had is the occasional engine response. When I hit the gas and it takes that second for the engine to realize I want it to MOVE! My car is my daily driver and I'm going to need it to keep rolling for many years and miles to come. Anything changing that outcome would not be a positive.
2old2care is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2017, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)

wolverineottawa is a jewel in the roughwolverineottawa is a jewel in the rough
The USA and Russia doing business, I CALL COLLUSION!!!!! << Bad political joke>> Great Review Stayer is a good guy and does know his stuff!

Last I heard ECUFLASH has the write issue sorted out, finally. Great work!

Email: [email protected]
Facebook Link https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetun...homepage_panel
2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
wolverineottawa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 28th, 2017, 09:54 AM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Dan
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT/3.8L V6
danikorea is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2old2care View Post
First I've heard of this. You know the old saying, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. My car is running fairly well so I am leery of messing with it. That said, I do like the idea of a bit more HP for those times needed (or just plain wanted). The only issue I've had is the occasional engine response. When I hit the gas and it takes that second for the engine to realize I want it to MOVE! My car is my daily driver and I'm going to need it to keep rolling for many years and miles to come. Anything changing that outcome would not be a positive.
In my humble opinion, I think "fixing" something that is either broken or not broken and "upgrading" something to make it better are two different things. I am a daily driver with my car as well and I am loving the "upgrade" not a "mess" or "fix." I also think being able to move when I want to move helps me avoid dangerous situations and it has. It's that seconds that counts and I like cars with fast response.

ECU tune up will definitely not dictate how long the car will last. It would be other factors such as driving habit, how properly the car is maintained or modded in a way that is safe/economical/proper. Trust me, as a poor student, my car is all I have and I cannot have it broken down or wear out fast. I am doing everything possible to keep it running as healthy and clean as possible!
Old June 28th, 2017, 10:55 AM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverineottawa View Post

Last I heard ECUFLASH has the write issue sorted out, finally.
With Tactrix need to understand what they have a problem. We have 5 years ago, no problems.
Old June 28th, 2017, 11:11 AM   #8 (permalink)

2old2care reflashing does not reduce the life of the engine. We just pick something that is inherent with the manufacturer.
Old June 29th, 2017, 06:26 PM   #9 (permalink)

wolverineottawa is a jewel in the roughwolverineottawa is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayer View Post
With Tactrix need to understand what they have a problem. We have 5 years ago, no problems.
There was an issue at one point way back. I even did a you tube video to prove it. What was happening there was a section of the file that did not write causing the car not to start. That is why I was using MMCFLASH.

Email: [email protected]
Facebook Link https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetun...homepage_panel
2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
wolverineottawa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2008, amazing, cai, car, cars, cel, day, drive, eclipse, eclipse gt, fast, gas, good, lights, mod, problem, rear, resonator, rip, service, sound, stock, stock., tune, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in