Want to self Tune? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 7th, 2018, 08:28 AM   #1 (permalink)

wolverineottawa is a jewel in the roughwolverineottawa is a jewel in the rough
Want to self Tune?

New Direction! over the last few years we have grown beyond my expectations. As we still tune the 4G we thought we would try something very different. We will now be selling the XML for your ECU file. For those that do not know what it is, this allows you to use ECUFLASH a FREE editor (get it here) https://www.tactrix.com/index.php?op...d=36&Itemid=57 that has been around for many many years to tune your Eclipse. I have been using it for EVO Ralliart base Lancers and Eclipse tuning for years. In the past there was an issue with ECUFLASH with the Eclipse but I was told t was fixed. I have not tested this "fix" so I can not vouch for it so PLEASE do your research.

Anyone that have been tuned by us will know the work/tuning we have done is second to none and that is a direct result of theses XML/Definitions. XML definitions are going for $250usd. You will need a Tactrix Cable and Laptop. I have to make this disclaimer ***We will NOT teach you how to tune or use ecuflash software*** Also boosted XML will not be offered. If you want to tune your 4G with bolt on mods this may be a way go. Again I have been using theses definitions for years and I know they work very well ask anyone that has been tuned my me. Theses XML are done by a Mitsubishi tuning GOD/Guru!

Contact us here: https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetuningcdn/ for the XML

You will need a Tactrix cable and Laptop.

***YOU CAN DAMAGE YOUR VEHICLE IF YOU DO NOT TUNE PROPERLY AND WE WILL NOT TAKE RESPONSIBILITY IF YOU DAMAGE YOUR VEHICLE***

Disclaimer done. If this is what you are looking for shoot me a PM. Happy tuning.

Email: XXXclusi[email protected]
Facebook Link https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetun...homepage_panel
2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
wolverineottawa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old January 27th, 2019, 06:20 PM   #2 (permalink)

UPDATE.

Unfortunately we will not be offering the XML any longer.

Email: [email protected]
2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
Old January 27th, 2019, 08:51 PM   #3 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverineottawa View Post
UPDATE.

Unfortunately we will not be offering the XML any longer.
😕
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old January 28th, 2019, 06:11 AM   #4 (permalink)

Sorry it only took a idiots to ruin this.

2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
Old March 12th, 2019, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
Man that's really unfortunate. Any thoughts on how you will handle and support prior customers who have been happily tuned by you and still run your definitions?
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Sleeping-Ana is on a distinguished road
I am actually in the gray about tuning like how does tuning even work lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sleeping-Ana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2019, 01:41 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Brandon
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
Sleeping-Ana is on a distinguished road
Changing the specs of the car? Like how.... adjust the computer? Are mods NEEDED to tune for better performance? Or is it possibly to just tune a stock engine to run better?

Sleeping-Ana is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:28 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping-Ana View Post
Changing the specs of the car? Like how.... adjust the computer? Are mods NEEDED to tune for better performance? Or is it possibly to just tune a stock engine to run better?

Tuning is done on cars by reflashing the engine computer with a new tune, a tune includes “maps”, maps are tables with axis such as fuel to engine load, etc

Basically it changes your fueling, ignition, timing, etc

It can also raise your rev limiter, disable emissions codes, disable your need to have the immobilizer enabled, etc

Can a tune improve a 100% stock car? Yes, but, on a Naturally Aspirated (read, non turbo/supercharged car), it won’t do much... maybe like 2 horsepower to the wheels lol

You want to install all of the power mods on your car first and then have the tune built specifically for the mods you have

You tell the tuner what mods you have, ex)
DC Sports CAI, Catless Exhaust Manifold

Then they have prebuilt tunes for each basic set of mods that they have tuned before on a similar car with similar mods and they will send you this prebuilt tune for your car

Does a tune really do a whole lot for a non turbo/supercharged car, even with exhaust and intake mods? Well, maybe about 10hp, but keep in mind that the two tuners for the Eclipse are charging $250 or $350, plus u need a $180 Tactrix cable to do it, so that price to power ratio isn’t much

However, it will make your car run a whole lot better if you just hit your headers

However you might consider just the “two stacked spark plug defoulers” for your rear O2 sensors which can make your car run just fine with the gutted cats for about $25 rather than $250-500...

On a turbo/supercharged car?
Example, I also have a ‘02 Subaru WRX, turbo, AWD, 5spd manual

What does a ECU tune do for one of those cars, because it has a turbo?
Answer: Wayyyy more than a tune for a non turbo car
You can literally gain 40 all wheel horsepower to the wheels on a turbo Subaru even if it’s stock hardware wise still

And with mods installed like a catless uppipe, catless downpipe, bigger intercooler, bigger injectors and fuel pump? You could be looking at more like 100 AWD horsepower to the wheels with all of that just form tuning the computer
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:56 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysky View Post
Man that's really unfortunate. Any thoughts on how you will handle and support prior customers who have been happily tuned by you and still run your definitions?
Ya! you can always shoot me a message. I will always stand behind our tuning.

Fastest way to get a response.

https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetun...AGg92GZGsPgO9a

2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8

Last edited by wolverineottawa; March 13th, 2019 at 03:58 PM.
Old March 13th, 2019, 03:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Ya! you can always shoot me a message. I will always stand behind our tuning.

Fastest way to get a response.

https://www.facebook.com/Xclusivetun...AGg92GZGsPgO9a
So you didn't ever find a definition XML for ECUFlash for the 06 GS Auto?
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:06 PM   #11 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcfreak4 View Post
So you didn't ever find a definition XML for ECUFlash for the 06 GS Auto?
Would need to know the ROMID I cant remember if you sent me you file? I think you did. Looking now.

2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Would need to know the ROMID I cant remember if you sent me you file? I think you did. Looking now.
Could you list the ROMID for the 06 GS Auto?

Mine has the BB tune file on it from Hackish

I haven't pulled the ROM off of the car with ECUFlash, in fact I'm not sure I can because Hackish said there is some sort of anti copy protection on the tune

I've been working on datalogging and tuning my WRX with ECUFlash and ROMRaider tho
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:52 PM   #13 (permalink)

Quote:
Could you list the ROMID for the 06 GS Auto?

Mine has the BB tune file on it from Hackish

I haven't pulled the ROM off of the car with ECUFlash, in fact I'm not sure I can because Hackish said there is some sort of anti copy protection on the tune

I've been working on datalogging and tuning my WRX with ECUFlash and ROMRaider tho
Pull your stock file when you can as save as a .bin can use ECUFLASH. Send me the file as long as it is the stock file, have to say this I am sure you know but do not send me any of Hackish work. If you can not get your factory file let me know.

2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
Old March 13th, 2019, 04:59 PM   #14 (permalink)

Quote:
You should be able to flash it to stock. I think you will have to use the "recovery" feature. To be sure ask him, he should be able to give you that level of support.

2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8
Old March 13th, 2019, 06:03 PM   #15 (permalink)

Quote:
You should be able to flash it to stock. I think you will have to use the "recovery" feature. To be sure ask him, he should be able to give you that level of support.
Not sure if it really returns it to stock all the way or not, plus I paid $350 for it
Old March 14th, 2019, 07:20 AM   #16 (permalink)

Quote:
Not sure if it really returns it to stock all the way or not, plus I paid $350 for it
Try it and pull the file with ECUFLASH. I can go on a remote desktop program and find the ROMID. We can use ECUFLASH or any hex editor for that.

2004 Audi B6 S4 4.2V8

Tags
bolt, bolt on, boosted, eclipse, ecu, evo, facebook, how to, issue, mitsubishi, mods, option, ralliart, selling, tactrix, tune, tuned, tuning, uni, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in