Need Hackish tune ASAP!! - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Tuning and Electronics

Tuning and Electronics This forum is for tuning devices for the 4g eclipse from piggyback systems to full Stand Alones, Fuel Controllers, EGT readings, Data logging, PCM tuning, Air/Fuel readings and data. Discussions of Installations, Wiring & Tuning.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old March 28th, 2020, 10:04 PM   #1 (permalink)

Shizahoffa is on a distinguished road
Need Hackish tune ASAP!!

Hey guys, I have Purchased a tune from Hackish but he is a really busy guy. I was wondering if anyone else have anything they can offer to get my car tuned so I can smog it and drive it again. The Altima is no longer viable and I need my Eclipse back up and I’ve been waiting quite a while for the tune.

Any suggestions or does he have an associates that may be able to help me quicker than he may be able to? I’d hate to keep pestering Hackish about it. I have a GT Stick with RRE headers, AEM intake and custom Exhaust. I have A port and polish on my Intake manifolds and my throttle body but nothing too major.

Thanks guys!
Shizahoffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old March 28th, 2020, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Yeah, PM me. I will get you in contact within 24h. If you have Facebook, toss me a link to your profile. If not, toss me your email you use

Michael doesn't really do NA tuning stuff anymore, he just does Fastworks R&D for the most part (and even that is mostly just stuff I bug him to add). My friend Alex does it now (Mr. Bishi Racing, but he still is through Fastworks, and is the ONLY licensed Fastworks rep)

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old March 29th, 2020, 12:43 AM   #3 (permalink)

Well it’s not the contact that’s the issue since I have him on messenger, the issue is his lack of time because life haha. So I totally get it. But I thought there was someone else that can help out with the tune that’s associated with him. Since right now I need a simple tune because I’m not forced induction yet

Old March 29th, 2020, 08:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Yeah, Alex, who I was gonna bug until he contacted you with the info you send me

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 1st, 2020, 06:27 PM   #5 (permalink)

4g_jayson is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up on this 👍🏼 I need to get a tune soooonn. I have Injen CAI and OBX LT headers, I need to get my exhaust “PROPERLY” done a 2.5 in from the headers back and this weekend if everything lines up right I will drop my tranny and put in my Quaife LSD, ActionClutch Stage 3 6puck, OEM CV axle seals, OEM flywheel bolts, Redline MT-85 2qts and Energy Suspension Tranny mount.
4g_jayson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2020, 06:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

@ Shizahoffa as far as your TB goes did you bore it yourself ? Or did you get the Proflow one ?? Don’t quote me but I believe the Proflow one is 67mm and our factory one is 65mm on the GT 6g75 that is.!!
Old April 1st, 2020, 10:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

Yeah I bored it out with a friend of mine who knows how to do port and polish. I attempted it on a broken throttle body while he did it on the one I was going to use and yeah his came out much better to say the least. Yeah I believe those are the right numbers. I thought I saw 68mm somewhere but I’m not too sure.

I also have Port and polish on my intake manifolds along with the spacer. It’s all port matched and smooth as hell. The spacer was slightly jagged so we used some gasket maker to fill up the leaks and we confirmed that there are no leaks coming from it. I was going to do my LSD but I didn’t have the gear worm and couldn’t find one in time so I just have it sitting here.

Here’s a few pics of the throttle body I ended up using with a stock one from an altima next to it to show a similar before and after

On another note, still waiting for the tune 😂

Last edited by Shizahoffa; April 1st, 2020 at 10:38 PM.
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Brb. Gonna yell at Alex.
😂😂😂😂😂😂

It’s all good I know other people got stuff to do as well so I don’t mind waiting a little longer. She misses the canyons though
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:06 PM   #10 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I biked to work for an entire summer waiting on the guys at Tactrix to write a file to reflash my ECU (which they did, and I'm grateful for (but it's a long story))

I have a LOT of empathy for anyone stuck not driving their car because of a tune file. Part of it is that Alex must have Michael transfer your tune files to him first though. Michael has the master account, Alex has an account with all the tunes he has done. So it can't go as quick as I had hoped. But, hopefully with Alex on it, it can go quicker. There's more on Michael's plate right now than he ordered, so that's causing some unfortunate slowdowns.

For anyone here considering a tune, contact Alex, not Michael. It'll lower the workload for him, and help everyone who already is tuned through him as well as new customers get by faster

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:16 PM   #11 (permalink)

Yeah my car is running pretty lean because of all of the mods so the idle is a bit rough but it still pulls really hard despite that. I was able to be my friends 2008 350z HR by almost a whole car with the stock tune, so I’m very excited to see the power after the tune. Gotta get her ready for road trips once this whole Coronavirus dies down!

I drove it for the first time in months the other day and yeah I miss it so much
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:33 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Kyle
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS Auto
pcfreak4 will become famous soon enough
I think I was one of the last to get a Hackish tune by Michael himself
pcfreak4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 1st, 2020, 11:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Lean runs more power usually, to a point.

What did you change from your last tune? I may be able to help you adjust it yourself, I tune my own car in Fastworks

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old April 2nd, 2020, 12:26 AM   #14 (permalink)

Unfortunately the last time I have was for the automatic GT. I then swapped the ECU and dropped in the manual trans. I haven’t had a tune for the manual transmission at all yet. Done 3 different swaps to this same chassis haha. I still have all the messages and stuff with Michael in case Alex needs to see them for verification or anything.

But yeah the main reason why I think I need Michael to do it is because he was going to be able to change the ECU to match the VIN on my chassis so smog won’t be an issue when it’s hooked up. Then I’ll need an immobilizer delete so I can start the car without trying to program the key
Old April 3rd, 2020, 09:48 PM   #15 (permalink)

What do you mean gear worm?? I’m about to slap mines on tomorrow
Old April 3rd, 2020, 10:18 PM   #16 (permalink)

There’s like this plastic gear that needs to be taken off of the stock diff. I believe it’s for the speed sensor. But it’s hard to pull it off without breaking it and no trans show would have it pressed or pulled off. I ran into the problem and after I didn’t get it off myself I read up on it on the forums here and most said they just ordered a new one to be pressed on. It’s hard to come by though which is why I haven’t installed mine. There was a how to on here about It which is where I’m getting my info from along with personal experience
Old April 4th, 2020, 04:32 AM   #17 (permalink)

Damn hopefully I can get it out then, I need to go back to work Tuesday and I don’t have any other way to get there, I have my father who is a mechanic for 20+ years and we have all the necessary equipment maybe we will get lucky 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼🤞🏼
Old April 5th, 2020, 06:10 AM   #18 (permalink)

Beat of luck to you man! If you manage to get it off let us know for sure how you did it and what you used because that’ll be some pretty solid information!
Old April 5th, 2020, 06:47 PM   #19 (permalink)

Quaife LSD is in we had to used a bearing remover tool and it worked everything was pretty straight forward just putting everything back we couldn’t figure out where the 3 key springs and balls went but we figured it out after searching online and came across the tear stone transmission overhaul guide.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E568114D-21B2-4540-9073-A48A13C7EC87_1586130261546.jpg (38.3 KB, 9 views)
Old April 5th, 2020, 08:39 PM   #20 (permalink)

Nice!! Looks like I need to get one of those to slap in my LSD. I’ll do it when I swap in my built engine since the trans will be taken out anyways to be painted. Before all that however I just need my car efficiency codes cleared from the tune so I can smog it and then once it’s smogged I’ll get into modifying it again and get it supercharger ready. Baby steps until then since I can’t legally drive the car as of now
Old April 5th, 2020, 10:02 PM   #21 (permalink)

Yeah I can get you the part number for it, instead I’m just going to post the WHOLE service tranny overhaul manual https://tearstone.com/eclipsefsm/200...003900-22C.pdf I was going to paint the transmission but I have to re drop it again later due to the ActionClutch Stage 3 not fitting in there, in the mean time I still have some clutch left on the old one, I can’t wait to rip it man, haha I forsure will see the difference once I get my wheels and tires and stiffer suspension that’s forsure.
Old April 5th, 2020, 11:11 PM   #22 (permalink)

Do you have the number for the tool? That way I can get one that I know works 😂 yeah I have ALLDATA for that and the tear stone guide as well printed out in a binder because my college had free copies at the printer that day haha. Good information for everyone to have access to.
Old April 7th, 2020, 06:17 PM   #23 (permalink)

It’s in the beginning of the manual as soon as you open it, and does anyone know where I can possibly find the “ CONTROL BELL-CRANK DUST COVER “ I ve googled and tried to look everywhere but nothing. Everytime I rev up and shift it spews tranny oil everywhere not a lot but a good amount. It’s the rubber boot looking thing right at the Clutch selector.

Last edited by 4g_jayson; April 8th, 2020 at 05:58 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in