Reflash Options - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Vendors > UVTUnes

UVTUnes UVTunes is the premiere performance shop in the Ottawa region.

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Name: Michael
hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
Reflash Options

It's obviously not news that we're delivering reflashes via software. You buy at $169 tactrix or borrow one from a friend and use a windows laptop to reflash your vehicle.

Some people have expressed concerns about spending the $169 for the cable. Others have pointed out that they have only a Mac laptop.

I've always been hesitant to go for a fully standalone reflash unit that requires no laptop or tactrix because I felt it was too expensive. $350ish on top of the cost of the flash.

In the past we've done mail-in reflashes and although that can be an option for guys within Canada it's a pain to ship over the border. I could setup one of our USA dealers with a bench flash cable so you could do mail-in there.

What do you guys want?

-Michael
hackish is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old April 13th, 2012, 11:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Bad Kitty

Name: Mark
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
breezin has a spectacular aura about
Good question.

I am not an expert on reflashing. So for the cheaper solution is this the Mitsu cable plus OpenPort 2.0 that you are discussing?

Mitsubishi Reflash Connector

Do you still need the OBD2 extension cable and then something to connect to laptop?
Sure, you could pick up a fat, ugly girl, pay for her liposuction, get her plastic surgery, pay for a makeover and make her a beauty queen. It can be done. But why not save the money and find a hot chick to begin with?
breezin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2012, 11:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Not till this winter but will deff be interested thx for all your hard work and will deff try this route when the cars parked...

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old April 13th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #4 (permalink)

Name: Preston
Vehicle: 2008 Subaru STi
ptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to allptr149 is a name known to all
The cable is going to be easier, not a lot of people are gonna be able to have their car down long enough to mail in their ecu.
Old April 13th, 2012, 03:49 PM   #5 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
cable or handheld. at least this way a guy can do it whenever there's some free time, rather than having the car down for a week or 2 waiting for the mailman...
a handheld that would allow to load / store custom tunes on top of the "generic" tune would be awesome
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2012, 09:53 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Lancer Ralliart
CrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the roughCrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by breezin View Post
Good question.

I am not an expert on reflashing. So for the cheaper solution is this the Mitsu cable plus OpenPort 2.0 that you are discussing?

Mitsubishi Reflash Connector

Do you still need the OBD2 extension cable and then something to connect to laptop?
You need the Tactrix OpenPort 2.0 cable AND the mitsubishi reflash adapter to read/write the ECU. you don't need the adapter you posted a link for if your OBD2 port has already been modified. Mine is only modified because hackish did my ECU in person last winter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
cable or handheld. at least this way a guy can do it whenever there's some free time, rather than having the car down for a week or 2 waiting for the mailman...
a handheld that would allow to load / store custom tunes on top of the "generic" tune would be awesome
Handheld would be great, but for the cost of one, you could buy a small netbook computer, and a tactrix cable...so if you already have a windows laptop, the cable would be cheaper and easier, but even for a macbook user, the windows netbook would still be a viable option, cause at least then it's still useful for things other than JUST tuning your car. Besides, most guys i go to the track with have a cable permanently connected and the laptop goes with the car anywhere, because they are datalogging EVERYTHING, which is ideal for tweaking your base tune...would a handheld have limited memory for datalogging?
CrAnSwIcK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 13th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #7 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Everyone wants full control! Do the full flash with the option to mail in with you as the Canada flashes and Brian as the US flasher. At the same time people who have or buy a tactrix you can sell them tunes as well. I think most people want full control but I wouldn't limit your options so you can pull in more customers.
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)

Name: Ray
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse Spyder GT MT
TotalEclipse07 has a spectacular aura about
Maybe rent out a cable? If u could drop most of that $170 expense for a cable that might not get used again you might sell more too. Have the buyer put down a deposit for the full price and if not timely returned, they bought it.
TotalEclipse07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:31 AM   #9 (permalink)

Name: Kevin
Vehicle: 2008 black eclipse MR
TemplarRadix08GT will become famous soon enough
How much are the reflashes via software and were to a get a tactrix cable?
TemplarRadix08GT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2012, 11:42 AM   #10 (permalink)

Vehicle: 2006 Lancer Ralliart
CrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the roughCrAnSwIcK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalEclipse07 View Post
Maybe rent out a cable? If u could drop most of that $170 expense for a cable that might not get used again you might sell more too. Have the buyer put down a deposit for the full price and if not timely returned, they bought it.
If you get the cable and the software aside from tuning, you can use it for datalogging, as well as reading and clearing DTC's so you'd use it as often as a code scanner at the very minimum...i datalog all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TemplarRadix08GT View Post
How much are the reflashes via software and were to a get a tactrix cable?
Tactrix Openport 2.0

not sure on pricing, but i discuss that with Mike or Brent personally.
CrAnSwIcK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 14th, 2012, 06:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

Vehicle: Eclipse GS 5 Speed
nokiauser is a jewel in the roughnokiauser is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalEclipse07 View Post
Probably the easiest way for people to get generic flashes done on the fly. Then if they're happy and decide to pursue further, they can go the full route.

This is why the Apple iPhone sold so well. A device that did half the stuff other smart phones (Windows Mobile, Symbian, Black Berry OS, etc) could do but everything seemed so easy and at a push of a button.
RRE/RRM Underdrive, Fujita F5 Wrinkle Black CAI, Throttle Bypass, GT Throttle body, Outlaw TB Spacer, Ripp Mods LT Headers, Magnaflow Performance Cat, Fully Custom 2.5" Exhaust Piping, RRE Magnaflow Muffler, Eibach ProKit Springs, Progress 24mm Rear Anti-Sway, GT End Links, Tanabe TSB, GT Tower Brace, Brembo Brake Kit w/ Stoptech Pads
nokiauser is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:06 PM   #12 (permalink)

hackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nicehackish is just really nice
Thanks for the input. I'll take up some of the ideas with the dealers and with these ideas all the little details can be worked out.

-Michael
Old April 15th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #13 (permalink)

FYI You don't need to buy the Mitsubishi reflash connector - only for the old Lancers.

-Michael
Old April 15th, 2012, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Gots me a sooby

Name: Keith "The Ricer" Randolph
Vehicle: 02 wrx
Ballfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant futureBallfade has a brilliant future
Cable
Mods: Protuned by S.Clark , Ebay hood scoop w/STi air splitter, Ebay turbo inlet, Ebay tmic, Ebay Turbo-back, vf39 w/blanket, STi pinks, Megan mounts, Defi boost, AEM WB, Walbro 255, GS EBC, Tein coils, RA mudflaps
Ballfade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Name: Matt Landrigan
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse MR
HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
i know i wont have a prob with shipping I live in Canada so sending my ECU would be better for me

HAHA NO V2.0
HAHA NO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
even though i live in Canada, i wouldnt feel comfortable shipping my car's brain...
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:44 PM   #17 (permalink)
Version 2.0

HAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to beholdHAHA NO is a splendid one to behold
understandable...but if the main reason he is having trouble getting his oriduct out is cause of border issues well im going to do the easy route and just send him the ECU

HAHA NO V2.0
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #18 (permalink)

It is honestly far better to just buy a tactrix cable and flash it yourself. This way if you need to datalog, check codes or even get updates they're all a click away. If you're only in Woodstock I could probably do it in person next time I'm in TO tuning.

-Michael
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:57 PM   #19 (permalink)
Born to drive

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 06/eclipse gt-t 6spd
eclipsercr2006 is on a distinguished road
/\ Indeed very easy the way it is set up now I would personally leave it as is and also have the option for those that want full control as well
rre ss,outlaw spacers,3''custom greddy,poly mounts;Hackish Reflash;proflow tb,one step colder plugs;custom cm stage 3 clutch w/lightweight flywheel;quaife lsd, brembros w/drilled/slotted,single turbo t4 borg warner s200 .53/.83, tial 38mm wastegate w/3.7lb spring & turbo xs manual boost controller 8.5lbs tuned,hks ssqv4 bov,440cc wrx injectors,dw65 fuel pump,
eclipsercr2006 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 16th, 2012, 08:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

any chance you can hack it into a Dashdaq similar to Spartan tunes?
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:09 PM   #21 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hackish View Post
It is honestly far better to just buy a tactrix cable and flash it yourself. This way if you need to datalog, check codes or even get updates they're all a click away. If you're only in Woodstock I could probably do it in person next time I'm in TO tuning.

-Michael
Done.....ill meet you in TO for a reflash

HAHA NO V2.0
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:56 PM   #22 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
any chance you can hack it into a Dashdaq similar to Spartan tunes?
Yes it would be possible but I simply do not have enough time to do it

-Michael
Old April 16th, 2012, 03:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Quote:
Yes it would be possible but I simply do not have enough time to do it

-Michael
damn
Old April 17th, 2012, 09:18 PM   #24 (permalink)

Name: Thomas
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GT
TwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud ofTwilsonD7 has much to be proud of
Let's get it going!
TwilsonD7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 21st, 2012, 01:37 PM   #25 (permalink)
"that ricer guy..."

Name: Zach
Vehicle: 2008 eclipse GT cpe 6MT
oharemtnbikerboy is on a distinguished road
I'm completely stoked just at the idea of having a flash available without hitting up the local dyno, however, that'd probably be better.... I know that the rev limit can be raised. What about MIVEC? Governor removal? Any way for it to support larger injectors? I'm not very knowledgeable on the limits of a flash tune. But hell, just for governor removal, a basic octane tune for headers, and rev limit I'd be more than willing to pay for it.
oharemtnbikerboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:11 AM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oharemtnbikerboy View Post
I'm completely stoked just at the idea of having a flash available without hitting up the local dyno, however, that'd probably be better.... I know that the rev limit can be raised. What about MIVEC? Governor removal? Any way for it to support larger injectors? I'm not very knowledgeable on the limits of a flash tune. But hell, just for governor removal, a basic octane tune for headers, and rev limit I'd be more than willing to pay for it.
It's all been done and dyno tested with a number of years of street driving for reliability. I can remove the governor and torque limiters. I can support larger injectors, larger MAF, rev limits. There are thousands of settings I can change from basic idle speeds to knock settings and EGR feedback. I've even got a few automatic transmission settings in testing.

-Michael
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:24 AM   #27 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
Quote:
It's all been done and dyno tested with a number of years of street driving for reliability. I can remove the governor and torque limiters. I can support larger injectors, larger MAF, rev limits. There are thousands of settings I can change from basic idle speeds to knock settings and EGR feedback. I've even got a few automatic transmission settings in testing.

-Michael
is it possible to solve torque converter lag

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:15 PM   #28 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeaRlezZ View Post
is it possible to solve torque converter lag
Torque converter lockup is controlled by the TCU code but it would require a lot of R&D before I'd be willing to release it as a tested setting. With things like that I'd have to make sure there isn't a significant chance of damaging the torque converter if I turn on the lockup when the slip RPM is still high.

-Michael
Old April 22nd, 2012, 03:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
tUNED.

Name: Brian
Vehicle: 09 4G69
FeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to allFeaRlezZ is a name known to all
Quote:
Torque converter lockup is controlled by the TCU code but it would require a lot of R&D before I'd be willing to release it as a tested setting. With things like that I'd have to make sure there isn't a significant chance of damaging the torque converter if I turn on the lockup when the slip RPM is still high.

-Michael
probably better off engineering one with a higher stall speed and stronger internal design. but the work probably will not b worth it

Eagle + Manly fully built 4G69 8.5:1 87.5 106mm stroker _ RPW stage 1 camshaft _ Full custom Borla Exhaust _ Tuned _ AEM gauge pod
FeaRlezZ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2012, 06:32 PM   #30 (permalink)
"that ricer guy..."

So with this software+"training" package, I could run low boost, and self tune and what not? That would be awesome... How about eliminating the CEL if I ever go the boost route? tricking it into thinking all is well? By the way, as soon as I start my build, this is on the list at the top! I have always wanted to learn how to self tune as well, and haven't had anyone to get me started with the basics... Kills me when I'm rolling with Cobalt guys and they're playing around to get it PERFECT... Anyways... Oooh that'll be nice for the automatic guys for sure... They're already faster on the drag strip it seems. My big thing is hitting sixty in second with increased rev limit, and not missing out on the top end when I install the headers... Really looking forward to this. Probably won't be till winter though. Sorry for pretty much writing a book, excitement is pouring out right now... I've had too much time to ponder ideas in the sandbox
Old April 22nd, 2012, 07:44 PM   #31 (permalink)
Version 2.0

After seeing a relfash in person today.....im convinced and getting the reflash....Hey mike i need your email to get started with this reflash.

HAHA NO V2.0
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:38 PM   #32 (permalink)
"that ricer guy..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by HAHA NO View Post
After seeing a relfash in person today.....im convinced and getting the reflash....Hey mike i need your email to get started with this reflash.

Nice... wait... so the power in your sig was WITHOUT a tune? or with FIC?
And does anyone have a video of a car running with the flash? I'd love to see one run up to 7k in second... hell, I'd love to HEAR one run to 7k.
Old April 22nd, 2012, 08:45 PM   #33 (permalink)
Version 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oharemtnbikerboy View Post
Nice... wait... so the power in your sig was WITHOUT a tune? or with FIC?
And does anyone have a video of a car running with the flash? I'd love to see one run up to 7k in second... hell, I'd love to HEAR one run to 7k.
yep...i dynoed at 273whp.

well i seen it in person and the proof that it goes past 140mph....actually more like 150mph now with the reflash. Guy who i meet today had his go to 240km/h before he let off and that was at 6500rpms with plenty to go. Its screams at 7 but not that far off from what the stock gives you and yes it hots 7200 no problem.

Im sold

HAHA NO V2.0
Old April 22nd, 2012, 09:01 PM   #34 (permalink)

Name: Christian
Vehicle: 08 Spyder GT/MT
SpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really nice
Michael, how often are you in Toronto? I've got the fic with Brians harness installed right now. Is it more beneficial to run the reflash? How easy is it to tune? I know that right now I wouldn't touch a single digit in my tune because I have no clue what to do. I'd also like anyone's opinion on this, would anyone here who has the fic switch to the reflash and why or why not?

Tuned, tucked, slammed and rolled.
DHD2
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #35 (permalink)
Version 2.0

from what i understand...you dont do nothing except downlaod the updates that he has all you do is sit there and do nothing.

HAHA NO V2.0
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:40 PM   #36 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT Spyder
Mdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to all
Now I'm really getting interested in this too.

DDM 6k HID Headlights and Fogs, Blacked out OE spoiler lip, Teins S-Tech Lowering Springs, Red painted brake calipers
Mdixon23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old April 22nd, 2012, 11:54 PM   #37 (permalink)

Name: Christian
Vehicle: 08 Spyder GT/MT
SpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really niceSpyderGT is just really nice
So is each flash defined specifically to each persons vehicle? Or is it just a universal flash that tunes all 4gs the same way?

DHD2
Old April 23rd, 2012, 12:17 AM   #38 (permalink)
Betty Lowla v2

Action Driving Game Champion! Renault Mr.X Champion! Dino Rennen Champion!
Name: Fetty
Vehicle: 09 Civic SI
Semi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to beholdSemi is a splendid one to behold
I want..

Hope the automatic transmission reflash is available soon.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 02:21 AM   #39 (permalink)

Name: Cleo
Vehicle: 06/eclipse/gt-p
dream_come_true is a jewel in the roughdream_come_true is a jewel in the rough
Is there a how to for this ? I'm very interested in doing this too.
Old April 23rd, 2012, 07:45 AM   #40 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyderGT View Post
So is each flash defined specifically to each persons vehicle? Or is it just a universal flash that tunes all 4gs the same way?

DHD2
One of the many reasons this has been in R&D so long is that I've tuned over a dozen NA eclipses with different sets of mods. This is not a universal tune - I've done a number of different mod sets to ensure you get a tune that matches what you have. All of the tunes are also heavily tested as I'm not interested in putting users' engines at risk. If you don't have experience and time in tuning Eclipses there is a good chance you could damage the engine. They're not a honda where you add 2 degrees of timing and remove some fuel! In fact you take timing out to make power on these things!

-Michael

Tags
buy, canada, ding, reflash, setup, uni

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in