Review C Quence Rotors - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Slip and slide discussion

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old February 14th, 2017, 05:37 PM   #1 (permalink)

Name: natty
escapefate will become famous soon enough
C Quence Rotors

So I got a pair of Black Zinc electro coated SLOTTED rotors from C Quence. They had a sale so I got them shitted to me for $130 which seems like a good price considering the other prices that I saw on rotors. These are made in California and made to order.

The rotors were shipped in basic cardboard boxes, and wrapped in paper. I think this was a poor choice because as soo as I opened the box I saw some chips on the edges of the hub, just a few, about 3 bad spots total. I also notices the vented area looked like it was rushed, not as good of a coating as the rest.

With ALL zinc coated rotors, you will find that the pads rub the zinc off in about 5 feet of driving. As far as I know they all do this and its OK The point of the zinc is to coat everything the pads DONT touch.

I will return to this review in about 6 months and give you my thoughts about them and how well they have held up.

C Quence offers Street, Sport, and Performance. I ordered the performance, the Street didnt have a Slotted only option. They charge an extra 10$ for the zinc coating and have Gold Silver and Black. No charge for Silver.

The rotors are G3000 Cast Iron.

2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse Performance Series Dimpled Slotted Brake Rotors | Cquence.net

Quote:
All Cquence brake rotors (OE replacement or drilled and slotted) are sourced from leading manufacturers ensuring the highest quality control standards and superior manufacturing processes. These manufacturing processes include but are not limited to:

Double disc grinding for a precise and smooth friction surface
Mill balancing for enhanced rotating balance
ISO 9000 Certification
Silver zinc comes standard for all Cquence Street Series and Performance Series brake rotors. (Black and gold zinc available--please call for details)
Black electro-coating for corrosion protection (Cquence Premium Series)
High carbon metallurgy for select applications
G3000 or G3500 grade casting
TUV approved (where applicable) a German safety verification process

Sun and Sound Package.
escapefate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old February 14th, 2017, 06:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

They're still pretty cool looking. Can you throw up a picture of them after the pads have worn the zinc off?

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 17th, 2017, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)

Sun and Sound Package.

Old February 20th, 2017, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
Hey man, it looks like you have stock shocks and wheels. Can you do me a favor please. Can you measure the clearance between the inner edge of the front rim and the shock please? I'm looking to find a couple measurements that I have asked about at the end of this thread:

https://club4g.org/board/wheels-tires...ml#post1798049
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2017, 02:26 PM   #5 (permalink)

best I can tell its measuring 1.5 inches. Its a very tight fit in there, front and back both measured the same.

Also my rims measured 19.5 inches but I know they are 18s... I guess they measure from the inside?

Sun and Sound Package.
Old February 21st, 2017, 03:08 PM   #6 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
Thank you sir! erep!

Wheel sizes are based on the tire bead. So those stock 18''x8'' will actually be closer to 19.5''x9'' when measured on the exterior edges. I'm trying to see if we can stuff an 18''x9.5'' +40 under there.
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old February 21st, 2017, 07:32 PM   #7 (permalink)

well. with offset being corrected, why not

Best of luck !

Sun and Sound Package.
Old May 20th, 2018, 08:02 AM   #8 (permalink)

well a year and some change later. its looking like the zinc coating isnt all its cracked up to be. These things arent rust proof. They honestly look like any other rotor now.

Sun and Sound Package.
Old May 20th, 2018, 03:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Shitty. That's what I was worried about. That's what sucks about coatings... Surface only!

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
$130, 2008, bad, black, brake, california, carbon, drilled, eclipse, good, grinding, mitsubishi, mitsubishi eclipse, option, performance, premium, replacement, review, rotor, rotors, sale, silver, slotted, street, total

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in