Godspeed Coilovers??? - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Slip and slide discussion

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
Name: Brendon
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse SE V6
brendonalgeier has a spectacular aura about
Godspeed Coilovers???

So, I was looking at coilovers online (aka my cheap ass was on ebay), and I found a set of coilovers that I've never seen. Godspeed(MSS1098) Mono-SS Coilovers For 2006-2012 Mitsubishi Eclipse | eBay. Now, I'm always the skeptical one. Ebay coils seem sketchy, especially from a brand I've never heard of. From what I can tell, no one on our forum has used them (or even asked about them?). So, I went to other forums and read about them. I guess the company has been around for a while, but I couldn't really find any dirt on them... Everyone says the same thing. They "heard about one guy who had problems with them, typical ebay trash." But the real, first hand reviews say they're pretty good. Obviously not comparable to $2k+ coilovers, but comparable to some of the closer $1k coils. They've got them on their website as well https://godspeedproject.com/suspensi...-coilover.html. I guess they make other products too, turbos, etc., and they're also "pretty good" from my halfassed research.

So, uhh. yeah. Do we know of anyone on the forum who has tried these? Is this a new product from them? These are the cheapest coils for our cars that I've been able to find.

Now, I'm not saying I'm going to buy these (yet ), I just want info on the brand. Thoughts, opinions?

Last edited by brendonalgeier; June 8th, 2017 at 01:27 PM.
brendonalgeier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old June 8th, 2017, 02:35 PM   #2 (permalink)
Basically Stock

I don't know if they're quality, but they're 20% softer in the front than the big names do it as

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Sabertooth^2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 8th, 2017, 03:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
That was like the only real difference I could find, but I can't really find a bunch on what that actually means. Just softer ride? Could you shed some light on that for me?

Old June 8th, 2017, 08:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Gives less understeer, which isn't really a problem as our cars oversteer as is. So it has a reduced effect on removing oversteer. It would however give a softer ride (less jarring on initial impact with differences in the surface)

If quality isn't an issue, I wouldn't be too worried about that spring rate difference. I can only hope that the 10k rate most companies use is from testing to make a neutral turn balance. It's kinda gray without testing, but so marginal it wouldn't be worrysome with either spring rate

EDIT: You'll only notice with good tires on a track at the limit

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:31 AM   #5 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
The only other thing I read was that you couldn't drop as low without bottoming out with softer springs, don't know how accurate that is. I might call them and ask whats up. I'm mostly just curious to know if this is a new product, and if they plan on making any more 4G goodies.
Old June 9th, 2017, 10:55 AM   #6 (permalink)
Basically Stock

Softer springs will allow it to compress more when hitting a bump, and you can bottom out the strut easier. They're still pretty stiff springs though

My Build Thread

Find me at 4G World
Old June 9th, 2017, 11:12 AM   #7 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
I'm half tempted to pull a James... buy the part for experimental purposes.
Old June 9th, 2017, 11:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
But, if there's a set of $630 coilovers that aren't totally terrible, that would be hands down the cheapest, and best suspension solution. Coilovers as it is are right around the same price as struts and springs, but this would be massively cheaper.
Old June 9th, 2017, 12:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
DR3

Name: Diego
Vehicle: 07 Eclipse SE (GS)
DR3 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabertooth^2 View Post
Pull a James. Do it
+1
DR3 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old June 9th, 2017, 01:28 PM   #11 (permalink)

Name: Scott
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT SE
blkwings is on a distinguished road
I'll be the naysayer and say go with Megan Racing. They're the cheapest coiler you should consider for the Eclipse. For $300 more you're getting a decade more R&D and US based parts and service. Eclipse tuners like RRE offer Megan as cheap entry level for a reason. Experimenting with cheap suspension parts on nose heavy FWD can lead to hellish ride quality. Just my 2.
Old July 18th, 2017, 04:43 PM   #12 (permalink)

Name: Chris
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GT
Holthues is on a distinguished road
I know this post is over a month old now but I just wanted to put my 2c in. I bought some godspeed coilovers a while ago and installed them. Today marks about 3 months that they've been on and so far 0 complaints. I did buy a set of custom ones which are the higher model ones (monors). They only required bending out the tabs a little to fit the whole brake line/abs bolts through. 32 way adjustable dampening and I can slam the frame onto the ground if I wanted to. They feel heavy duty and to the best of my knowledge they're forged. If you're looking to save some money I'd suggest going the same route and see if you can get a pair of monors customs for the 4g. This post is for anyone who's thinking of buying godspeed. I'll update this post if anything happens but if this post isn't updated, consider them still going strong. I bought them in march of '17. Also pictures to come soon for those interested.
Edit: I also didn't purchase these off of ebay. I bought them off of Amazon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170725_141517.jpg (36.2 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg 20170725_141524.jpg (40.6 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 20170725_141553.jpg (49.8 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg 20170725_141556.jpg (51.6 KB, 61 views)

Last edited by Holthues; July 31st, 2017 at 02:42 PM.
Holthues is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 26th, 2017, 12:11 PM   #13 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
Good to know, keep us updated! I ended up just buying BRs, and I love them so far. Car sits low- but not stupid low. Definitely handles a lot better as well.
Old July 26th, 2017, 03:45 PM   #14 (permalink)

Name: DJ
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse/GS
siq908 is on a distinguished road
Was installation hard?
siq908 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old July 27th, 2017, 12:53 PM   #15 (permalink)
Cop Magnet

Cat Fling Champion!
Not at all. Only difficult thing is the front strut bolts. Took a ton of PB Blaster, a 3 foot breaker bar, and me literally jumping off the ground.
Old December 19th, 2018, 03:52 PM   #16 (permalink)

Name: Carter
Vehicle: 2007 Eclipse GS
MrRalliart09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holthues View Post
I know this post is over a month old now but I just wanted to put my 2c in. I bought some godspeed coilovers a while ago and installed them. Today marks about 3 months that they've been on and so far 0 complaints. I did buy a set of custom ones which are the higher model ones (monors). They only required bending out the tabs a little to fit the whole brake line/abs bolts through. 32 way adjustable dampening and I can slam the frame onto the ground if I wanted to. They feel heavy duty and to the best of my knowledge they're forged. If you're looking to save some money I'd suggest going the same route and see if you can get a pair of monors customs for the 4g. This post is for anyone who's thinking of buying godspeed. I'll update this post if anything happens but if this post isn't updated, consider them still going strong. I bought them in march of '17. Also pictures to come soon for those interested.
Edit: I also didn't purchase these off of ebay. I bought them off of Amazon.
what was the part number for these? I'm looking to get a set!
MrRalliart09 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old December 24th, 2018, 10:15 AM   #17 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRalliart09 View Post
what was the part number for these? I'm looking to get a set!
Sorry for such a late reply, only way I know anymore if something happens on this site is if I get an email update which comes on the weekend. I just emailed the seller to see if I can get a part number for the shocks I got. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.
Old December 25th, 2018, 06:19 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holthues View Post
Sorry for such a late reply, only way I know anymore if something happens on this site is if I get an email update which comes on the weekend. I just emailed the seller to see if I can get a part number for the shocks I got. I'll let you know if I hear back from them.
Sick thanks man!
Old January 1st, 2019, 11:45 AM   #19 (permalink)

Update? Also how do you like the godspeeds so far?
Old January 7th, 2019, 07:55 PM   #20 (permalink)

Unfortunately it doesn't seem like they're interested in making more of the custom coilovers similar to mine. They're great though, I have no complaints other than on occasion in the cold they'll squeak when going over a bump. I feel like a lot of car parts are like that though. They're still doing well, no visual signs of anything going bad or wear yet and I don't feel like they have worn out even a little. If you're hesitant to pull the trigger on these then don't worry, they're well worth what you'll pay for them.

EDIT: Part number for the available ones is MSS1098
Old January 7th, 2019, 09:50 PM   #21 (permalink)

Shizahoffa is on a distinguished road
I have a set of the Megan Racing EZ STREET 2s with the 32 way adjustable and let me just say that they are absolutely amazing. In the canyons, my GT will grip like no other around the corners and I can take the windy canyons around 50 mph and then the more straighter areas at around 70 plus. After 3 runs, I was able to find my perfect ride with adjusting the front and the rears independently with the dampening. They are a little more expensive, but i trust my life with these on turns. My crew got a sponsorship so we got them for like $800 with all the little extras, but i would have paid $1300 for these without question. I believe they can be gotten for a little over a grand and thats Cali prices but yeah I would recommend these to anyone.
Shizahoffa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 18th, 2019, 08:51 PM   #22 (permalink)

4g_jayson is on a distinguished road
I’m about to buy the MR-CDK-ME06-EZII coils, and pull the plug😅😁!!??
4g_jayson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2019, 01:01 AM   #23 (permalink)

Do it man I have the ME00 ones that are red but coilovers are awesome honestly. First you get to open the box which is pretty bad ass in and of itself but then once you get them on your car, it sits so much better and more naturally and looks nice. Once you break them in a bit too, youll never switch back. A buddy of mine and I went to the camyons together and fine tuned the stiffness to control the body roll and such and man even turning that little knob on top to make ot stiff or hard makes a world of difference. 32 way adjustable goes a long way especially if you use it like on the track or canyons or even typical shenannigans. Rip the plug man!!!!
Old August 19th, 2019, 06:03 AM   #24 (permalink)

4g_jayson is on a distinguished road
Wait the RED Megan’s don’t come with camber plates?? I’m reading here that the MR-CDK-ME06-EZII DONT.. But the RED ones do?
4g_jayson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old August 19th, 2019, 10:16 AM   #25 (permalink)

Yes the red ones I have do in fact have the camber plates. In my opinion, its worth the extra few hundred for it. We have a slight camber in the rear for style and have it ever so slightly cambered in the front as well.

Tags
2006, 2012, ass, brand, buy, cars, cheap, coilovers, coils, display, ebay, eclipse, good, info, mitsubishi, mitsubishi eclipse, problems, project, suspension

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in