The wheel and tire fitment thread - Page 2 - Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority
Support Our Troops!         

Go Back   Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority > Performance and Technical > Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension

Wheels, Tires, Brakes and Suspension Slip and slide discussion

Welcome to the Club4G Forums where you can join fellow owners from all over North America discussing anything related to the 2006+ Mitsubishi Eclipse. You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. To gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content, you must register today!

• Participate in over 100 specialized forums!
  • Get event information regarding meets, mod days and help in our regionalized forums.
  • Gain access to our classified marketplace to buy, sell or trade parts.
  • Levarage a vast collection of Do-It-Yourself guides on steps on working on your Eclipse
  • Access to the growing online parts directory which gives you insight on available parts and the vendors that carry them.
  • Communicate privately with other owners.

All of this and much more is available to you absolutely free when you register for an account. Sign up today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:51 AM   #41 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Name: www.c4gnation.com
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
I realy don't know maybe someone else can help...

Does anyone know if I can fit a 275 45 17 on my 17x8.5 rims? Only to use for drag? I know they may bulge but that's what I want?
they'll definitely ballooon, but they should fit, i dont see why not...
xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old May 2nd, 2012, 08:53 AM   #42 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

xxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to allxxxxxxpat_08GT_Spyder is a name known to all
ok, now my turn
i just got approval from the bank manager (read - fiancee) to get tires
i wanted to get wheels + tires at the same time, but i dont use my car often enough to justify the $2k expense...
anyway, i like Michelin's. but which ones? i feel the PSS / PS2 would be way overkill for the Eclipse, what's a good one between their "touring" and "extreme performance" tires??
Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:20 PM   #43 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT Spyder
Mdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to all
Pat I'm running Michelin Primacy MXM4 tires on mine in the OE size for our 18s 235/45/18. They handle very well and have damn good traction. I really have to step on the gas from a dead stop to get them to spin. They get great reviews and they are a V speed rating which is 149mph. They also have a rim protector feature built in which I wish the previous owner would have had in their tires since I have some curb rash on my rims. I'll throw a few pics on here and link you to Michelins website for the tire info. Tire rack is running a special on them right now for $215usd each which is good considering most places sell them closer to $300usd.

Primacy MXM4 | Michelin Tires

Link to Tirerack.com page
Michelin*Primacy MXM4

DDM 6k HID Headlights and Fogs, Blacked out OE spoiler lip, Teins S-Tech Lowering Springs, Red painted brake calipers
Mdixon23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old May 2nd, 2012, 12:45 PM   #44 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

thanks, Michelin Man
i was actually going to PM you on that later today

the only downside to these is that "Primacy MXM4" doesnt sound quite as sporty as "pilot SPort" or "BFG G-Force KDW"

those are all-seasons, right? i was thinking of picking up summers since i already have Michelins for the winter... how are they in cornering / acceleration? you knwo how the stockers break traction when you punch it in 3rd gear out of a turn? how about these?
i'm on Michelin's website now

Thanks Mike !
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:04 PM   #45 (permalink)

Name: Mike
Vehicle: 2008 Eclipse GT Spyder
Mdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to allMdixon23 is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
thanks, Michelin Man
i was actually going to PM you on that later today

the only downside to these is that "Primacy MXM4" doesnt sound quite as sporty as "pilot SPort" or "BFG G-Force KDW"

those are all-seasons, right? i was thinking of picking up summers since i already have Michelins for the winter... how are they in cornering / acceleration? you knwo how the stockers break traction when you punch it in 3rd gear out of a turn? how about these?
i'm on Michelin's website now

Thanks Mike !
Never had any issues breaking traction traction in corners. Goodyears suck they had the shit for traction. They are an all season but they are a luxury performance tire. They actually rank the highest in handling and braking than the other tires that Michelin makes in our OE size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DDM 6k HID Headlights and Fogs, Blacked out OE spoiler lip, Teins S-Tech Lowering Springs, Red painted brake calipers
Mdixon23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old May 2nd, 2012, 01:26 PM   #46 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Thanks Mike,
i might give these a shot after all... thinking of it, for what i drive my car right now (twice a month, mostly city or highway), i dont really need a full-blown, noisy, low treadwear, high-performance summer... it would look cool, but that's about it...
or i might just wait to see what's gonna happen later in the year, and if we are moving to a warm place with mountains and canyons (**cough** So-Cal **cough**), then i'll get high-perf summers on a new set of rims
Old May 2nd, 2012, 05:07 PM   #47 (permalink)

Name: Rob
Vehicle: 2006/Eclipse/GT
Rob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really niceRob Z is just really nice
Well it is tire time. Looking at two at this time. My pocketbook says keep it as low as possible without getting junk. Most of my driving is to work with the ocassional track day.

I've checked Discount Tire and am considering 2 in my price range.

Falken Ziex ZE-612 and Yokohama YK580

Getting 235/45R18 Both have 45k warranty and are 170ea,

The Falkens have good reviews while the Yokohamas are new and lacking reviews.

Any thoughts.
Rob Z is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2012, 02:38 AM   #48 (permalink)

Name: Jesus
Vehicle: 2007/Eclipse/SpyderGS
JRspyderGS has a spectacular aura about
Ok so im need of new tires and thinking about buying new ones this week currently i have Zucchero type v6wheels 20x8.5 and 225/35/20 tires (These wheels and tires came with the car when i bought it)...I have a drop of 1.5 in the back and 1.25 front... My question was what size tire do you guys recommend as far as looks, handling and ride comfort? Or should I keep it the same?

Last edited by JRspyderGS; September 8th, 2012 at 08:17 AM.
JRspyderGS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:18 AM   #49 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRspyderGS View Post
Ok so im need of new tires and thinking about buying new ones this week currently i have Zucchero type v6wheels 20x8.5 and 225/35/20 tires (These wheels and tires came with the car when i bought it)...I have a drop of 1.5 in the back and 1.25 front... My question was what size tire do you guys recommend as far as looks, handling and ride comfort? Or should I keep it the same?
225 is narrow on 8.5 wheels. i'm sure you could safely go to 255.
check one of those tires / wheels size calculators online to see what would work.
enter the stock size (235/45/18, 18x8 et45) and your sizes, and voila
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #50 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:36 AM   #51 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pat_08GT_Spyder View Post
225 is narrow on 8.5 wheels. i'm sure you could safely go to 255.
check one of those tires / wheels size calculators online to see what would work.
enter the stock size (235/45/18, 18x8 et45) and your sizes, and voila

Thanks man and so ur saying is i should get 255/35/20??
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:38 AM   #52 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Name: Eric
Vehicle: was a 09 Mitsubishi Eclip
Cubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really nice
This is a perfect thread, great job dejected!!! I was wondering when one of these would get made. This will def become useful to me when I start looking for rims and tires

So Fresh and So Clean
Cubansoldier20 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:42 AM   #53 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

245/35/20 or 255/30/20 will be close to stock specs...
the 245 will "look" a little bigger on the side
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #54 (permalink)

thank you man i appreciate ur help!!
Old September 8th, 2012, 10:51 AM   #55 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Cubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really niceCubansoldier20 is just really nice
Who's ever car this is, plzzzzz tell me the specs on your rims and tires(sizes, width) this is the sickest combination I have seen on this site point, blank, period!!!!!

So Fresh and So Clean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1347119462774.jpg (45.3 KB, 189 views)
Old September 8th, 2012, 01:03 PM   #56 (permalink)

Name: mike
Vehicle: 08 eclipse gs 5speed
blizzard is on a distinguished road
i got an off the wall for yall. does anyone have any experience w/the Focal F10? and i mean the rim it self. how does the finish hold up and are they prone to bending at all? just wanna make sure it isn't a sears rim or anything like that
blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:18 PM   #57 (permalink)

Name: Bao Vo
Vehicle: 2011 mitsubishi eclipse
brayan is on a distinguished road
hi,
i have my stein spring on my 2011 eclipse. my car is sit about 2.2 inches lower now. i want to be flush with the fender without using wheel spacers. could someone help me out?
Motegi Racing MR122 wheel
front: 18X8 offset 45mm.
rear: 18X 9 offset 45mm.
could i use my oem tire on these wheel or i have to buy a new set of tire?

for some reason, i can't post the picture. sorry.
brayan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #58 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by brayan View Post
hi,
i have my stein spring on my 2011 eclipse. my car is sit about 2.2 inches lower now. i want to be flush with the fender without using wheel spacers. could someone help me out?
Motegi Racing MR122 wheel
front: 18X8 offset 45mm.
rear: 18X 9 offset 45mm.
could i use my oem tire on these wheel or i have to buy a new set of tire?

for some reason, i can't post the picture. sorry.
If you are using tapatalk, download the app called imageshack, make an account, and then you should be able to post pics in threads.

So Fresh and So Clean
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:45 PM   #59 (permalink)

EVOLVRON Champion! TNT Runner Champion!
Vehicle: 2007 Mitsu Eclipse SE
EclipseMua507 will become famous soon enough
i am looking into getting new tires in the next few months and heard about a few new ones coming out and wanted to see if anyone had any opinion or information on the BFG GForce Comp2 tire. i talked to my Mitsubishi Service manager and he said they are supposed to be really good tires, he currently races his lancer and is using BFG GForce tires, but his are the stage below Comp2's. any information is welcome
EclipseMua507 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 10th, 2012, 12:51 AM   #60 (permalink)

So i decided to go with the 245/35/20 and i like how it looks also while i was there the guy at the shop gave me a great offer on some wheels if i traded in mine so here it is[IMG][/IMG]

It was raining yesterday so the car is all dirty
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:05 AM   #61 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

are you lowered? they definitely fill in the gap well...
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:21 AM   #62 (permalink)

yea 1.5 back and 1.25 front
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:38 AM   #63 (permalink)
North 4G Korea dissident

^ ok, that's why i need 20's for sure (i want to close the gap without going too low...)
Old September 15th, 2012, 10:35 AM   #64 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubansoldier20 View Post
Who's ever car this is, plzzzzz tell me the specs on your rims and tires(sizes, width) this is the sickest combination I have seen on this site point, blank, period!!!!!

So Fresh and So Clean
So does anyone know who's car this is???!!! I really love it and want to know the specs on the rims and tires.

So Fresh and So Clean
Old September 19th, 2012, 08:28 AM   #65 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

So still, nobody knows who's car this is?

So Fresh and So Clean
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1348061326635.jpg (45.3 KB, 95 views)
Old September 19th, 2012, 09:22 AM   #66 (permalink)

Name: Gabriel
Vehicle: 2008/Eclipse GS
gser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to allgser7 is a name known to all
Quote:
So still, nobody knows who's car this is?

So Fresh and So Clean
Yes, he went to the Tampa meet. He's not on the forums..
Here's another pic he sent me to feature him on instagram. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1348064547.611335.jpg

Operation Black on Black Eclipse.
https://club4g.org/board/members-ride...ter-going.html
CAI, Progress Lowering Springs, RRE UDP, Magnaflow Exhaust, GT TB, RRE Header, Debadged.
RIP Matt (Bullet06) Gone but not forgotten.
gser7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 19th, 2012, 03:01 PM   #67 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by gser7 View Post
Yes, he went to the Tampa meet. He's not on the forums..
Here's another pic he sent me to feature him on instagram. Attachment 1669
Yea, I love his stance. It's perfect. This is exactly how I would want my setup to be. The nicest stance I have seen.
So Fresh and So Clean
Old September 25th, 2012, 10:25 PM   #68 (permalink)

Name: steven
Vehicle: 07 eclipse gt
4g4mee is on a distinguished road
dude i get butterflies looking at ur car...would you help me find some black rims with red inner stripes i really like others opinions and ur car looks beyond awesome and could u post pics if u find any???
4g4mee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:30 AM   #69 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4g4mee View Post
dude i get butterflies looking at ur car...would you help me find some black rims with red inner stripes i really like others opinions and ur car looks beyond awesome and could u post pics if u find any???
Bro, you have to say who you are talking to since you didn't quote anybody.
Old October 8th, 2012, 01:36 AM   #70 (permalink)

Vehicle: 07 Eclipse GT 6speed
skysky has a spectacular aura about
Hey guys, I am looking at changing my wheels and tires and low and behold we have a thread already. I started with the goal of going as light as possible, wallet permitting, with a slight bump in size. But now I'm thinking about just saying "screw it I have FWD" and going wide and light after seeing the clearance Fabguy had in his thread.

Stock:
18x8 +45 enkei 28.5 lbs
235/45/18 eagle rsa 25 lbs
total 53.5 lbs...each corner, Holy crap!

Set 1:
18x8 +45 Sparco asetto gara 20.5 lbs
245/45/18 conti. ex.cont. dw 23 bs
total -40 lbs overall

Set 2:
18x9 Enkei PF1 +45or48 19.5 lbs
265/40/18 conti. ex.cont. dw 28 lbs
total -24 lbs overall

This car is just an every other weekend blaster that sees occasional drags and mountain runs with the car community. I was gonna try and go back to an alignment close to stock to maximize traction patch for drags/braking and let the wider widths make up for camber in lateral grip.
Granted I know everything is a compromise and that traction patch doesn't change size, just shape(unless psi is lowered). But, is 265 really going to make enough of a difference to justify the price gap of about $800+ or is 245 and lighter going to be a better bet performance wise? I know what each aspect will do but I have no formal racing experience and the difference comes across as minor from what I read
Injen intake, RRE short tube headers, Injen exhaust, Outlaw Engineering spacers, Quaife LSD, CM fx350 with steel FW, ViS CF OEM hood, XXR 527 wheels, Conti. Extr. Cont. DW 245/45/18 tires, Progress sway bar, Energy Suspension motor mounts and suspension bushings, RRE shifter bushings, Tanabe strut brace, MR coilovers, AEM FIC.
skysky is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM   #71 (permalink)

Amazon Quest Champion!
Vehicle: 06 Gt 6spd
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by skysky View Post
Hey guys, I am looking at changing my wheels and tires and low and behold we have a thread already. I started with the goal of going as light as possible, wallet permitting, with a slight bump in size. But now I'm thinking about just saying "screw it I have FWD" and going wide and light after seeing the clearance Fabguy had in his thread.

Stock:
18x8 +45 enkei 28.5 lbs
235/45/18 eagle rsa 25 lbs
total 53.5 lbs...each corner, Holy crap!

Set 1:
18x8 +45 Sparco asetto gara 20.5 lbs
245/45/18 conti. ex.cont. dw 23 bs
total -40 lbs overall

Set 2:
18x9 Enkei PF1 +45or48 19.5 lbs
265/40/18 conti. ex.cont. dw 28 lbs
total -24 lbs overall

This car is just an every other weekend blaster that sees occasional drags and mountain runs with the car community. I was gonna try and go back to an alignment close to stock to maximize traction patch for drags/braking and let the wider widths make up for camber in lateral grip.
Granted I know everything is a compromise and that traction patch doesn't change size, just shape(unless psi is lowered). But, is 265 really going to make enough of a difference to justify the price gap of about $800+ or is 245 and lighter going to be a better bet performance wise? I know what each aspect will do but I have no formal racing experience and the difference comes across as minor from what I read
265/40 is an odd size

255/40/18 is fairly decent in prize or you can go 275/35 if you have 9" or wider

454whp 520Ftlbs 175whp shot untuned.
b1gkishan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 8th, 2012, 12:00 PM   #72 (permalink)

Amazon Quest Champion!
b1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of lightb1gkishan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Yea, I love his stance. It's perfect. This is exactly how I would want my setup to be. The nicest stance I have seen.
So Fresh and So Clean
That sir is flush no stance haha

Old October 11th, 2012, 07:41 AM   #73 (permalink)
Fresh n Clean is how I B

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gkishan View Post
That sir is flush no stance haha
Well I guess it depends on how you reference it. I am referring to how perfect his car sits period, and its not completely flush, it has some poke to it, and me likey very sexy
Old October 20th, 2012, 04:56 PM   #74 (permalink)

Amazon Quest Champion!
bim bam!! just picked up 275/35/18 for the whip!! will post pics after install!! my wheel is 18x9

Old October 20th, 2012, 10:16 PM   #75 (permalink)

Amazon Quest Champion!

Old October 24th, 2012, 10:49 AM   #76 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Is that for the from as well

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #77 (permalink)
I'm the BEST

Name: Rick
Vehicle: 2008 GT-SC
dejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nicedejectedangle is just really nice
Front**

TEAM BIG SUPERCHARGERS
406 whp Evo killer
dejectedangle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old October 24th, 2012, 12:44 PM   #78 (permalink)

Amazon Quest Champion!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dejectedangle View Post
Is that for the from as well
It will be next time I need tires up front. I caught a good deal on 255/40 potenza tires so I put those up front. I don't rotate tires I just buy them by 2's haha

Old October 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM   #79 (permalink)
TX4BANGR

Name: Danny
Vehicle: 2006 Eclipse GS
ATXsouljah is on a distinguished road
question: i have the stock 17inch 2006 GS rims. I have D2 coilovers on the way

I was wondering what spacers id need to get some offset/stance? I think i read a pair of 20mm spacers and a pair of 25mm spacers?

Since id like to slamm it as far as possible without rubbing etc etc.

what is the best stance i can achieve on stock rims/tires? also pictures would be great! thanks
Old December 6th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #80 (permalink)

Name: Jesse
Vehicle: 06 eclipse gt
J.Fatal412 is on a distinguished road
Would I have a problem running a 28x10.0-16 drags up front, im thinking on spacers ill be ok
J.Fatal412 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
art, fit, questions, rim, tire, wheel, work

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Club4G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums - 2006-2012 Eclipse Authority forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Real Name
What name do you go by?
Type of Car
Year/Model/Trim
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in