Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
mild fanatic
47 Posts
this is a completely different thing than outlaws. you could ru them both if you wanted. this goes between tb and intake, outlaw goes between upper and lower intake.

·
"Uncle" Clayton
6,504 Posts
The outlaw kit goes between the TB and the manifold then another one goes between the manifold and the block

·
The thread killer...
3,153 Posts
maybe its just me but there really is only so much you can do to a NA motors intake before you are gaining nothing...

·
MiVEC Inside
4,234 Posts
hate to say it but your all wrong.

the helix spacer goes between the tb and the upper intake manifold. i had one on my 3g it didnt do much its a metal spacer that is supposed to help the fuel atomize better kind of like the turbonator that also doesn't really do anything

The outlaw spacers are a kit, two parts one for between the tb and the upper intake manifold and one for between the upper and lower manifold. they are thermal spacers that help isolate the upper intake manifold from the heat of the engine and the tb. they DO work. its proven and many people use them and will testify to them working, myself included.

·
I'm the BEST
3,329 Posts
Yes outlaw all the way I can set my hand on the intake and hold it there without burning my hand... big difference from stock

·
Registered
7 Posts
hate to say it but your all wrong.

the helix spacer goes between the tb and the upper intake manifold. i had one on my 3g it didnt do much its a metal spacer that is supposed to help the fuel atomize better kind of like the turbonator that also doesn't really do anything

The outlaw spacers are a kit, two parts one for between the tb and the upper intake manifold and one for between the upper and lower manifold. they are thermal spacers that help isolate the upper intake manifold from the heat of the engine and the tb. they DO work. its proven and many people use them and will testify to them working, myself included.
Where I can buy them from any link ?
it will fit eclipse 3.8L?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,295 Posts
Where I can buy them from any link ?
it will fit eclipse 3.8L?
Don't worry about them, they're just a gimmick. Spacers don't encourage swirl and air fuel mix, that's what the intricate shape bored into the head is for. If it helped to have the injectors farther back, they would be. But, unlike reality, we've actually been moving injectors CLOSER to make more power. And as for temperature, air is an insulator. This isn't like icing a water to air intercooler (big gains) or intake manifold on a 1000hp car for gaining that extra 10-15hp. If you want engine bay cooling, a vented hood is the way to get it. If you want lower IAT, water/methanol injection will do a hell of a lot more

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't worry about them, they're just a gimmick. Spacers don't encourage swirl and air fuel mix, that's what the intricate shape bored into the head is for. If it helped to have the injectors farther back, they would be. But, unlike reality, we've actually been moving injectors CLOSER to make more power. And as for temperature, air is an insulator. This isn't like icing a water to air intercooler (big gains) or intake manifold on a 1000hp car for gaining that extra 10-15hp. If you want engine bay cooling, a vented hood is the way to get it. If you want lower IAT, water/methanol injection will do a hell of a lot more
Provably you right but anyway I want to try...but I cannot find this or any other spacer for the eclipse gt 3.8L

·
Registered
7 Posts
a
If you do get one, be sure it's made from phenolic, not nylon. Alternatively, if you brought a chunk of phenolic and an intake manifold gasket to a machine shop, someone could bore the holes for you, then you could cut it to shape with basic tools.
someone here recommend me a place online that do make them but they are made of carbon fiber nylon...what the issue of nylon?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts