Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I have an 06 eclipse and I have diagnosed the passenger side door lock actuator as bad... Is it hard to replace, do I have to remove the metal plate to do it? And where can I buy an actuator? I've searched all over the web for this and can't find anything! Thanks in advance...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes I've tried this site, and I don't think its a weird electrical glitch... It works sometimes and doesn't work other times...

·
Pretty Pretty Panda
1,434 Posts
You have to remove the metal plate and the glass together. I have those parts for sale still from my 06 eclipse part-out :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How much will you sell me the passenger door lock acuator for shipped to 95843?... And is it working condition...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I am having the same problem on the driver's side lock. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet so let me know how difficult it is once you replace yours.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am having the same problem on the driver's side lock. I haven't gotten around to replacing it yet so let me know how difficult it is once you replace yours.
I will be creating A video of the problem tomorrow morning and posting it let me know if it's the same issue. What part are you replacing in yours?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hello guys I'm sort of new to the forums, I been reading a lot but not posting. I was having this problem about 2 months ago when my passenger door lock would work then not work sometimes. Recently it stopped working, a few weeks now, does anyone have information on the cause of this? I have a 08 GS A/T and I did find out recently that I have a bad battery because of a bad jump start with my friends car but I haven't replaced it because money is a little tight atm. Also my dome light fuse is blown and as I tried replacing it the alarm stopped working and the dome light was still out. These problems might contribute to the door lock problem but your input could possibly help me out thank you!

·
Registered
886 Posts
This is a very common problem with the 4g... Make sure your battery terminals are properly connected this sometimes is the issue but for the most part nobody has figured out why this happens. There's a lot of literature regarding this topic if you wanna read more

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thank you. I'll try moving the terminals around a bit to see if that works. I will also try resetting the ecu in the way that clovisman has posted on this site. If that does not work, I will check to see if the blown fuse from the dome lights caused a short somewhere and hopefully be able to fix it. And if all else fails I will replace the battery when the chance comes. If I'm able to fix it I will let you guys know what steps were taken to fix it and maybe help someone fix theirs also. It sucks that I can't lock my passenger door using my key because I can open that door without setting off the alarm.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Info

check in the fuse box inside the engine bay, theres a little yellow thing with two fuses inside, one of them is out, i had the same problem (dome light, power locks) and it was that :)

1 - 20 of 38 Posts