Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There have been several posts here about this but nothing definitive. I have an 06 eclipse, it has always had a leak behind my head next to the small windows. Recently it got worse and started dripping from the srs badge on the pillar and out the sunroof button. This turned out to just be plugged drain tubes on the sun roof and after cleaning them it doesn't leak there anymore, but the rear leak remains. I have removed the molding, cleaned it out, had it sealed properly to ensure no cracks where there, still leaked. I put tape over the molding just to make sure nothing was missed, but still it leaked. I tried putting caulking around the rubber grommet that runs the wires to the hatchback, but it still leaks. I just put tape over gap between the hatchback and the top of the car and plan to test it tomorrow, but I'm running out of ideas. The guy that sealed up the moldings did mention there are 4 drain plugs and looking at the service manual it does appear to show 4, though I would have no clue how to get to the rear ones due to the way the sun roof sits. Has anyone ever run into this and has anyone ever cleaned out the rear drain plugs?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, I found the leak, it was the sun roof and it was the rear plugs, not sure what to do now though. I pulled the liner down, blew out the plugs but it's still leaking like the plug is jammed up. It almost looks like the plug isn't properly sealed? Here is a video, any idea what to do next?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I ended up taping the edges and using silicone caulking on the sunroof seam, once it dries I'm gonna hit it with flex seal. Currently paying for a new 2022 honda accord hybrid and taking that thing into a shop to get that fixed (in Portland) would cost me way more than I can afford, and I have to do something about the leak even if it is temporary.

Hopefully the video is helpful to anyone else that may run across this issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts