Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So me and a lot of friends have a little car club and it's very fun. We get together talk and have photos taken of us and even do light racing. It's nice because we all are at college or have jobs so it's good to come together with people with the same passion as cars as we do. So one of my friends have a 2020 acura tlx and we did two digs. Mind you he been racing a lot longer than me but I've been in his car in sport mode and I said hey I think I'm faster than you. So basically two digs prolly about a 1/8 mile I beat him by two car lengths in both and he couldn't say it was to short because I was still pulling on him heavily. Good thing is he gave me prompts and said bro that car is fucking quick and it pulls hard. I even give people a ride in my passenger seat and they say wow this a sleeper.
Mods:Dc sports cai, racing tires, gutted a little, muffler delete resenator delete

acura: non stock turbo, drag radials, short ram intake

·
2,690 Posts
Wait till u get in something turbo

Our Eclipse GS feels fast to your average Honda boy driving those old non turbo Honda/Acura’s

But once u get into a turbo car like a WRX or Evo then you’ll feel like the Eclipse is slow and the Honda/Acura unbearable lol

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wait till u get in something turbo

Our Eclipse GS feels fast to your average Honda boy driving those old non turbo Honda/Acura’s

But once u get into a turbo car like a WRX or Evo then you’ll feel like the Eclipse is slow and the Honda/Acura unbearable lol
Lol I've beat a wrx that's also in the group but it wasn't a sti and I'm turbo this car I have a friend who has a turbo 2011 one and it's make 310 wheel from dyno.

·
2,690 Posts
Lol I've beat a wrx that's also in the group but it wasn't a sti and I'm turbo this car I have a friend who has a turbo 2011 one and it's make 310 wheel from dyno.
Which WRX?

Your Eclipse is turbo?

2011 turbo what? Eclipse or WRX?

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
Wtf. You're down 130hp on that TLX, and he can significantly out launch you

Either your GS has something wild done to it you don't know about, or those guys are REALLY bad at driving

Beating a WRX is also a stretch. I'm not sure of any gen WRX my GS could have outrun before a turbo, and even now I can't take one in a 1/8 mile run making 3x the power of NA.

An old WRX could be running limp mode of course, but the TLX shouldn't be

·
2,690 Posts

Either your GS has something wild done to it you don't know about, or those guys are REALLY bad at driving

Beating a WRX is also a stretch. I'm not sure of any gen WRX my GS could have outrun before a turbo, and even now I can't take one in a 1/8 mile run making 3x the power of NA.

Yeah I'm about to say, my 02 WRX will whoop my Eclipse; I know that just from driving both

Idk what this guy's talking about.... maybe he's the guy that shows up on my local strip and says he beat everybody when he launches before them and they aren't even trying to race him :LOL:

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,168 Posts
Oh, I just saw in a message that Jaycole has a turbo. I was thinking NA, lol.

So what's done to it? What turbo, whats the boost like, what engine, mods, etc. I always like seeing other turbo GS. I wouldn't consider it to be light mods though, or just partially gutted, a cold air intake, and muffler delete. In fact, you can't even run a DC Sports cold air intake with a turbo.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Add me on snap at kingmckay2 I'll give you the videos

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I'm about to say, my 02 WRX will whoop my Eclipse; I know that just from driving both

Idk what this guy's talking about.... maybe he's the guy that shows up on my local strip and says he beat everybody when he launches before them and they aren't even trying to race him :LOL:
Got video's if u won't them add me on snap at kingmckay2
Which WRX?

Your Eclipse is turbo?

2011 turbo what? Eclipse or WRX?
Like a 03 wrx but wasn't the sti whichever one just have 120 on the dash

1 - 20 of 36 Posts