Mitsubishi Eclipse 4G Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
2,691 Posts
I bet people try and talk down on subies but I love them.
For a bolt on and go platform with easy access to free tuning (like Evo ECU), it's one of the best
Starting with a turbo car and going from there is way easier for 99% of people

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
For a bolt on and go platform with easy access to free tuning (like Evo ECU), it's one of the best
Starting with a turbo car and going from there is way easier for 99% of people
Exactly do you have any pictures of it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
RX-8 and FRS should lose from a roll. Both absolutely are capable of out launching a GS.

I don't think your buddy's car is what he's claiming it to be if it also loses from a roll.
I don't think so frs have terrible tourqe for it's power really sluggish but brz different story.

·
Basically Stock
2009 GS Turbo. 2006+2007 GT
6,173 Posts
You know the FR-S and BRZ engines are the same, right? And that they're in fact the same chassis. And same subframes. And transmissions. And so on. The majority of differences when this post was written were interior. The 2022 models announced recently separate a little more.

·
2,691 Posts
The FRS/BRZ/86 is all the same car
All made by Subaru with mainly Subaru stuff (Subaru engine, etc.) with Toyota's fuel injection slapped on it

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
You know the FR-S and BRZ engines are the same, right? And that they're in fact the same chassis. And same subframes. And transmissions. And so on. The majority of differences when this post was written were interior. The 2022 models announced recently separate a little more.
Still from a dig they are horrible if anything the horsepower and wieght advantage would help in a roll against the gs at least but even still I've ran against a couple automatic ones so maybe the manual is quicker

·
2,691 Posts
Still from a dig they are horrible if anything the horsepower and wieght advantage would help in a roll against the gs at least but even still I've ran against a couple automatic ones so maybe the manual is quicker
I totally agree that they are slow, especially for the price and the way it "looks faster than it is"
People who own them just say they are slow but handle well, like a Miata
That's fine but the problem is they are way overpriced to be a big Miata
If Subaru actually gave it the WRX engine with the turbo on it, it'd be a lot more fun; the engine in them is like the 2015+ WRX FA engine, but no turbo...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I totally agree that they are slow, especially for the price and the way it "looks faster than it is"
People who own them just say they are slow but handle well, like a Miata
That's fine but the problem is they are way overpriced to be a big Miata
If Subaru actually gave it the WRX engine with the turbo on it, it'd be a lot more fun; the engine in them is like the 2015+ WRX FA engine, but no turbo...
Yea I would say this the frs/brz wasn't meant to be fast in a straight line but was suppose to handle really well but yes for the price hell no🤣🤣I believe in making money worth while. They do take mods well though.

·
2,691 Posts
Yea I would say this the frs/brz wasn't meant to be fast in a straight line but was suppose to handle really well but yes for the price hell no🤣🤣I believe in making money worth while. They do take mods well though.
I haven’t checked recently but last I looked those things were still going for like $15k for 2013 FRS’s, which were cheaper because the FRS was technically discontinued and was cheaper than the actual BRZ at the time
It was insane

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I haven’t checked recently but last I looked those things were still going for like $15k for 2013 FRS’s, which were cheaper because the FRS was technically discontinued and was cheaper than the actual BRZ at the time
It was insane
I would honestly for the price take the Genesis 3.8 coupe over the frs/brz because even the tc is quicker than the frs and cost less.

·
2,691 Posts
I would honestly for the price take the Genesis 3.8 coupe over the frs/brz because even the tc is quicker than the frs and cost less.
Whoa I wouldn’t go that far
A BRZ will definitely be more reliable than a Genesis
A TC is a small Corolla, super reliable, but they aren’t fast hahaha

21 - 36 of 36 Posts