Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
So I was just curious and saw that a Scion TC of similar year has pretty much the same horse and torque as my 08 Spyder. I don't race or anything but in theory I don't like that a Scion TC would be able to be as fast if not faster than our cars stock. I just tend to think of the Scion TC as an economy car, but would not label my Spyder the same. Someone make me feel better about this please?:sad:

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
If you dont race then why does it matter? Just saying

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
I keep saying this: "The GS is not a fast car". It may be, and definitely can be made to be, "peppy". That's no apology, it's just a simple fact. If you want fast, buy something else; or be prepared to spend an unreasonable amount of money and time altering reality (which CAN be done).

The GT, now there's a fast car, that laughs at the entire Scion line.

The GS, it's slow, fun to drive, looks great, handles well, it's easy to work on, and it has a fantastic support community. Except for being incredibly reliable, it could be a British sports car!

For those reasons, I am VERY happy with mine, and I don't care what the numbers for other cars are.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Now you've got me looking at Edmunds and comparing the two cars. :squint: I swear it looks like Toyota/Scion had the GS in it's sites when it designed this Tc. Just about exactly the same HP, Torque, fuel economy, and displacement. However, the GS is lower, longer, wider, and looks 18,457 times better than any Scion except the FR-S.

I don't know, it seems that Scion puts the Tc out there at cheaper than the GS saying, basically, "For 160-ish horsepower, do you want drop dead sexy or do you want to realistically carry more than one passenger?" I won't even let grown-ups TRY to sit in my back seats.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.